Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

On 1/6/2022 at 10:23 AM, Joe Cool said:

On 1/6/2022 at 3:52 PM, AnK said:

I don’t think they will kill it. 

Sony evidently is more interested in making all their studios alternate between franchises. 

PS3 gen they had all their studios working on same franchises back to back & it didn’t really work well. 

Since ND & Insomniac started alternating development,it has worked wonders. 

I want even SuckerPunch to make an Infamous game instead of going straight away to GoT 2. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:08 PM, RV1709 said:

I guess MC is more important to Sony but the way this game was able to turn itself around, sell so much over time is commendable 

From Reset:

Jeff Ross and John Garvin are on Jaffe's stream. Jeff clarified his tweet a little. The way he seems to explain it, is that local management in Bend didn't want Days Gone 2. Apparently Bend management didn't even push the pitch to the higher levels of WWS to people like Hulst. Garvin and Ross also confirmed that Naughty Dog North support studio stuff from the Schreier article was over-exaggerated and wasn't that close to the truth. Apparently Bend sent team members to Sucker Punch to help on Ghost, and to Naughty Dog to help on projects. They said that this was standard practice in the industry. When a team is done with a project and doesn't have a lot of work on their hands, they get sent to other parts of the company to help. Ross and Garvin seem positive on Sony overall, especially when it came to creative freedom. Ross's main issue seems to be with management at Bend not pushing Days Gone. Just thought it's been pretty good context to the topic. 

Seeing as Days Gone was given away as a part of PS plus, there is no way the actual number of people who bought the game is anywhere near its trophies indicate.

I downloaded the game from the PS plus bundle and played it a bit before stopping it due to the repetitive quest structure. It just felt like a grind. Go there, kill some Zombie nests, go here fetch some supplies, help out with the chores of this camp, blah blah..

Back to topic, stated GoT today. Chose the Japanese voice over. Graphics and presentation looks great but the lip syncing isn't quite there (PS5 DC edition). Hope to play more tonight.

Anyone who has played directors cut.. is it worth playing the game again on PS5 considering I have completed 100% already on PS4. What exactly is the difference ? I mean Ps4 pro already had 60fps thing… I am thinking of buying the directors cut but not sure already have too many games in pending to play. But I really liked this game when I played so curious. 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Anyone who has played directors cut.. is it worth playing the game again on PS5 considering I have completed 100% already on PS4. What exactly is the difference ? I mean Ps4 pro already had 60fps thing… I am thinking of buying the directors cut but not sure already have too many games in pending to play. But I really liked this game when I played so curious. 

Why not transfer the PS4 save and continue on PS5?

Edited by l33tmaniac

10 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Dualsense implementation is fantastic also 

for example, the haptics vary with where your horse is running- stone, mud, grass etc

13 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

just buy the iki island expansion. And get stuck in legends mode. Its great

Achieved Platinum on the director's cut on PS5. The extra PS5 bells and whistles are decent but not game changing.

However, I was blown away as soon as I started the IKI expansion. The implementation of ps5 features is much more enhanced and better than the rest of the game. My favorite is when you hear some of the screams, shouts and dialogues from the controller during cut scenes.

Overall, I'd suggest to get the directors cut and play without headphones to enjoy the controller audio as well.

• Like 1

I need a suggestion, I have a base PS4 and was thinking of starting this game for a long time. But given that PS games will now also be coming to PC I was wondering if I should wait for the game to come on PC to play it at a higher resolution with 120fps rather than playing it right now on 30fps on base PS. I don't replay a game due to time constraints hence want to experience the best version of the game in the first playthrough itself. What do you guys suggest? 

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I need a suggestion, I have a base PS4 and was thinking of starting this game for a long time. But given that PS games will now also be coming to PC I was wondering if I should wait for the game to come on PC to play it at a higher resolution with 120fps rather than playing it right now on 30fps on base PS. I don't replay a game due to time constraints hence want to experience the best version of the game in the first playthrough itself. What do you guys suggest? 

If you're on PS4, you can wait. The next Gen versions are far better, especially performance-wise.

If you have a PS5 - get it ASAP. It's one of the very best games of last Gen, and absolutely worth it. Also, PC will not be that much of an upgrade over a PS5, especially if you factor in haptics - which is amazing here, and adds a new level of immersion itself. This is actually an advantage the PC might not have.

Also, there is no guarantee that the game will come to PC. at least any time soon. All games that have come to PC - either have a sequel coming up very soon. (Horizon. GoW etc.) or has been discounted as heck, or even given for free on PS+ (Uncharted, Days Gone)

Ghost of Tsushima is neither. I don't see it coming to PC any time soon ( might come - but might be at least 1-2 years down the line I think)

Holy sh*t! This is the best looking game I've seen on the PS5 so far, especially the art direction and how slick and stylish everything is. I keep taking screenshots every so often, I've probably spent more time on the photo mode than the actual game. 

They don't even waste your time showing an item pickup animation, It all just happens fluidly with a nice particle effect. The gameplay just makes you feel like a badass Samurai. The buttery 60 fps frame rate accentuates the slick and smooth vibe of the game.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:59 PM, l33tmaniac said:

The upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima has to be most convoluted piece of sh*t I have ever seen in my 20+ years as a gamer.

I bought the Ghost of Tshushima PS4 Director's Cut copy from Amazon (discount) and decided to install it last night. I was wondering if there was a way to directly install the PS5 version (like with Miles Morales) by downloading from PS Store with the disc in the system. 

Every time I tried navigating to the store, I was repeatedly prompted to pay for the upgrade. Mind you, this is not the 10$ upgrade, but the upgrade to PS4 Director's Cut that costs 2k+. I was extremely confused and thought it might be because of a different region disc and went on a wild goose chase to figure out the region of my disc. I even thought Amazon duped me by giving a normal edition with a sticker on top (which didn't make sense because the game banner with the disc inserted used the newer yellow color scheme, but didn't say anything about the edition being the Director's cut).

After a good 2+ hours of searching around, I found out that the only way to upgrade is to install the game, then launch it and navigate to PS Store in-game (you get a prompt at the top right corner that's easy to miss). Once you do this, you'll be taken a PS Store page that is exclusively visible via this in-game prompt from where you can shell out 800 odd bucks for the PS5 upgrade. Once you do this, the PS5 Director's edition copy becomes a "Free" product to claim from the PS Store. You'll have to claim it, uninstall your PS4 copy of the game and then reinstall the PS5 edition.

Abso-f**king-lutely pathetic

Thanks
I couldn't find solution anywhere, bought it from in game and again had to download and install ps5 version

On 1/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Nikushimi said:

Holy sh*t! This is the best looking game I've seen on the PS5 so far, especially the art direction and how slick and stylish everything is. I keep taking screenshots every so often, I've probably spent more time on the photo mode than the actual game. 

They don't even waste your time showing an item pickup animation, It all just happens fluidly with a nice particle effect. The gameplay just makes you feel like a badass Samurai. The buttery 60 fps frame rate accentuates the slick and smooth vibe of the game.

Its going to be remembered as a new benchmark for open world action adventure 

Just like doom 2016 for fps 

Far cry 3 before it 

Like fallout nd skyrim did for rpgs back in the day