Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Hey you can ride horses amidst plush greenery on TLOU2 as well :P

That feature has been there in like every one of these pre-modern setting based open world games since witcher 3.

That grass though.Never seen such grass before.

I would have bothered with TLOU2 if i was interested in Women's Golf and Women's WWE games :P

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Maxi doesn't play AC games, so watching him be excited about multi-takedowns was hilarious.

How is this possible? :ko:

Aside from the grind sometimes the nuAC games are the most fun open world games around.

How can he not play?

HOW CAN HE NOT PLAY?

32 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

That feature has been there in like every one of these pre-modern setting based open world games since witcher 3.

I would have bothered with TLOU2 if i was interested in Women's Golf and Women's WWE games :P

What is this? 

Mods please look at this post 

Was this on the PS5 or am I having fanboy hallucinations?

The game has such a Zen vibe to it(the wind, the animals, body parts flying off, kill animations and the music omg), I am sold!

and I can finally play a cool stealth game after dishonored 2!

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

How is this possible? :ko:

Aside from the grind sometimes the nuAC games are the most fun open world games around.

How can he not play?

HOW CAN HE NOT PLAY?

No Just No, after playing odyssey for a few hours, It sucks!! Syndicate was so bad I quit in a few hours. Origins was meh, Unity was ok and Black flag was good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Update: Watched the high-res video. No doubts about the visuals anymore. Looks simply stunning. So, so beautiful. ?

Never had any doubt regarding visuals bcoz Infamous:2nd son :) 

Stealth gameplay in gaming though, Hide in grass -> Throw something to distract -> One button kill :yawn::yawn: Hope there are no mandatory stealth sections. That cinema mode, good for those who like options I guess, but it takes away so much from the beauty of this game.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Because AC games generally suck and AC origins is the worst game I have played this gen. Black flag was the last good AC game and the AC part was the worst part of the game. 

+1 :D Dint even bother to watch the trailer for the latest one.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

wonder how they manage this on PS4

Maybe footage is from PS4 Pro

4 hours ago, kayten said:

I wonder how it ll run on base ps4

All other games worked great on base versions of consoles, this will work great too right, RIGHT?..

U gaiz gets me worried. 

• Haha 1

Saw the video pretty late. But from what I saw, I'm sold.

1) GraphicsThis is too amazing. Beautiful plains and fields, leaves blowing in the wind, smoke rising from the distance - it was like watching a painting in motion.

2) MusicAnother thing I absolutely loved. The OST they showed was calm and soothing. Exploring the game with that OST playing, would be very relaxing and an absolute delight.

3) Gameplay/CombatMany people seem to be not loving this. But from what I saw, my opinion was it was a blend of 2 genres -

a) The Samurai Segment was inspired from Sekiro a bit. Focus was on blocking and parrying more than dodging, and perfectly timed parries seemed important. But we need to see more of the Samurai Combat system. We don't know if there are combos or special moves you can pull off.

b) The Ninja segment was straight up lifted from Assassins Creed, albeit with more ideas and with a little bit more detail. This is not a problem in and of itself as AC is pretty much the only game that has done assassinations focused gameplay.

But one of the most important things that this game seems not to have is "Levels". All recent AC games have a pseudo levelling up system, which hampers the game a lot, virtually locking exploration and main story progress behind meaningless, boring content. Thankfully, GOT seems to be skipping that.Also AC games straight up (non-assassination) combat is, frankly, not that great. This, game, taking some inspiration from Sekiro, has a chance to do better.

4) ExplorationThis seems to be absolutely great. But I have to take a wait and watch approach. One interesting thing is that the Winds can lead you to only points that you have already uncovered on map. To discover actual new stuff, you have to pay attention to the environment. This means 100% exploration will be very difficult and has a chance of getting irritating after a few hours. But it's also a new thing that's being tried. So it might be excellent as well. Can only form an opinion after game comes out

5) StoryMongols are invading, and you are repelling them as a samurai and ninja. That's all we know, so it's a wait and watch to see how they handle characterizations, personalities, actual story etc.VA quality is also a big question mark as of now.

Overall, I loved what was shown and am hyped about this. But still there are many things that have to be shown yet.

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

All other games worked great on base versions of consoles, this will work great too right, RIGHT?..

U gaiz gets me worried. 

It will work fine, dont worry. People said the same about TLG and how it was unplayable on base ps4, but I had no issues whatsover.

• Like 1

Just now, GeraltOfRivia said:

Dishonored and Hitman both have better, more fun gameplay than Assassin's creed.

They are completely different genres altogether.

1) Hitman - It cannot fit into GOT at all. It's a game focused on fun, contextual assassinations. It's entire game is find creative ways to reach the target, use the interactive environments nearby to rig the situation and assassinate 1 and only 1 target. Assassinating random NPCs on the side gives penalties. So you can see how this will not fit for GOT at all. First, a Hitman like game can never be an open world. It needs that carefully created levels to be entertaining. And Hitman has virtually no combat system. The actual combat and shooting in Hitman is pathetic, and you are not supposed to use those and leave a trail of bodies to get through Hitman Levels. You can, but there are far better shooters out there than Hitman.

2) Dishonored: This is a game that relies very heavily on super-natural elements and powers. When you are creating a game based on History and reality, as GOT seems to be - you cannot use this combat system as well.

Edited by roun90

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They are completely different genres altogether.

1) Hitman - It cannot fit into GOT at all. It's a game focused on fun, contextual assassinations. It's entire game is find creative ways to reach the target, use the interactive environments nearby to rig the situation and assassinate 1 and only 1 target. Assassinating random NPCs on the side gives penalties. So you can see how this will not fit for GOT at all. First, a Hitman like game can never be an open world. It needs that carefully created levels to be entertaining. And Hitman has virtually no combat system. The actual combat and shooting in Hitman is pathetic, and you are not supposed to use those and leave a trail of bodies to get through Hitman Levels. You can, but there are far better shooters out there than Hitman.

2) Dishonored: This is a game that relies very heavily on super-natural elements and powers. When you are creating a game based on History and reality, as GOT seems to be - you cannot use this combat system as well.

Having Jin disguise as a Mongol soldier to get a mission done more stealthily might work for Ghost gameplay, of course, in addition to all the other things they have. Also, my intention by giving these examples was not to say that SP needs to copy these games, but rather suggesting that they can innovate and come up with better gameplay rather than simply copy pasting AC gameplay. Hopefully there is more than what we have seen so far. Anyways, game's exploration part seems fun and even combat might turn out to be good especially the one hit draw kills. Looking forward to it.

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

I would have bothered with TLOU2 if i was interested in Women's Golf and Women's WWE games [emoji14]

Ban incoming

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I would have bothered with TLOU2 if i was interested in Women's Golf and Women's WWE games [emoji14]

Ban incoming

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Saw the video pretty late. But from what I saw, I'm sold.

1) GraphicsThis is too amazing. Beautiful plains and fields, leaves blowing in the wind, smoke rising from the distance - it was like watching a painting in motion.

2) MusicAnother thing I absolutely loved. The OST they showed was calm and soothing. Exploring the game with that OST playing, would be very relaxing and an absolute delight.

3) Gameplay/CombatMany people seem to be not loving this. But from what I saw, my opinion was it was a blend of 2 genres -

a) The Samurai Segment was inspired from Sekiro a bit. Focus was on blocking and parrying more than dodging, and perfectly timed parries seemed important. But we need to see more of the Samurai Combat system. We don't know if there are combos or special moves you can pull off.

b) The Ninja segment was straight up lifted from Assassins Creed, albeit with more ideas and with a little bit more detail. This is not a problem in and of itself as AC is pretty much the only game that has done assassinations focused gameplay.

But one of the most important things that this game seems not to have is "Levels". All recent AC games have a pseudo levelling up system, which hampers the game a lot, virtually locking exploration and main story progress behind meaningless, boring content. Thankfully, GOT seems to be skipping that.Also AC games straight up (non-assassination) combat is, frankly, not that great. This, game, taking some inspiration from Sekiro, has a chance to do better.

4) ExplorationThis seems to be absolutely great. But I have to take a wait and watch approach. One interesting thing is that the Winds can lead you to only points that you have already uncovered on map. To discover actual new stuff, you have to pay attention to the environment. This means 100% exploration will be very difficult and has a chance of getting irritating after a few hours. But it's also a new thing that's being tried. So it might be excellent as well. Can only form an opinion after game comes out

5) StoryMongols are invading, and you are repelling them as a samurai and ninja. That's all we know, so it's a wait and watch to see how they handle characterizations, personalities, actual story etc.VA quality is also a big question mark as of now.

Overall, I loved what was shown and am hyped about this. But still there are many things that have to be shown yet.

This has leveling of some kind thought for "progression" purposes, like you have "techniques" that you can learn.

However there won't be any AC style grind-to-play-next-campaign-mission.

I recently came to know that they force grind in the nuAC games to sell you "level up packs" on uplay store :rofl:

Edited by PhantomShade

44 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I recently came to know that they force grind in the nuAC games to sell you "level up packs" on uplay store :rofl:

To be fair AC games always had these boosters but it did get worse over the years.