Joe Cool

Ghost of Tsushima

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nothing wrong with a simple story. Most videogames that try to tell complex tales usually f**k it up (like Remedy). You have to leave AAA space and play indies if you want good storytelling.

I don't think TLOU 2 was a complex story either. The structure was a bit unconventional but that's about it. God of war, all ND games, Spiderman are all very character driven I'd say. 

2 hours ago, adity said:

I don't think TLOU 2 was a complex story either. The structure was a bit unconventional but that's about it. God of war, all ND games, Spiderman are all very character driven I'd say. 

The story itself may not have been complex, but the emotions it deals with are.

Feels kinda pretentious saying that but it is what it is. 

Did a couple of missions in Act 2 with all stances unlocked and I'd say around 70%-75% of skills unlocked. 

Really loving the game so far.

The guiding wind thing is such simple idea but makes the game so much better. 

The combat never gets old and the game keeps things fresh with more and more tools given to you. 

The game is pretty as f**k. It's so calming riding through Tsushima. 

Story, direction and voice acting is also pretty good for the main story line and the quest lines of the key characters. The other side quests are really just x is in trouble save them but i guess its fine since it fits the theme of the game. 

The game has really perfected the open world. It has tons of things to do but you never feel overwhelmed because it doesn't throw checklists and random icons at you. Best thing is if you discover something, you don't have to do it immediately and can fast travel to it anytime you want. Love the haikus btw. 

The biggest thing is the speedy fast travel. There is pretty much no time wasted. 

I like how the game is grounded but has a kinda zen spiritual vibe to it with the mythical quests, wind and the animals guiding you. Mythical quests are really fun too. 

Customisation in the game is insane. So many different looks for Jin and so many build possibilities.

Just a few things I wish were different. 

1. A way to build custom presets for armour, cosmetics, charms, etc. 

2. Get rid of the tailing missions. I don't think they were ever enjoyable in the history of video games. 

3. Traveller's armour should've been a skill tree. Gets cumbersome to swap again and again. 

The game is shaping up to be up there with spiderman in terms of fun factor for me. I had force myself to stop playing it today. 

Act 2 is even more beautiful. Spent around 1.5 hours in Serene forest today just clearing stuff. 

Brutes are a nice addition in Act2. Omi Village looks my my :wub:

Again. Combat is just :majesty:

Edited by hope

4 minutes ago, hope said:

Act 2 is even more beautiful. Spent around 1.5 hours in Serene forest today just clearing stuff. 

Brutes are a nice addition in Act2. Omi Village looks my my :wub:

Again. Combat is just :majesty:

What do mean by brutes addition in Act 2? They were in the game since the beginning. 

30 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

9.3 user score is also the result of the TLOU2 BAD crowd review bombing.

but positive review bombing this time lol.

Not necessarily. Ghost of tsushima is a pretty straightforward game with no big political messages or anything. So there is nothing for people to get offended over and take away from the awesomeness of the game. 

9.3 is a very fair rating for the game tbh. It's really good. One of the best games of the generation I'd say and I'm not even halfway through yet. 

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sadly, I wasn't an employee :P 

Edited by Ichigo Uzumaki

5 hours ago, adity said:

Not necessarily. Ghost of tsushima is a pretty straightforward game with no big political messages or anything. So there is nothing for people to get offended over and take away from the awesomeness of the game. 

9.3 is a very fair rating for the game tbh. It's really good. One of the best games of the generation I'd say and I'm not even halfway through yet. 

Oodly enough there are a few side quests where you meet people from the LGBTQ community.