Jump to content

Ghost of Tsushima


Heaven Angel
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:


Exactly..

 

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

 

Yep. 


I hope you do realise he was being sarcastic.

Putting that dlc behind paywall would have f**ked the numbers vis-à-vis experience royally 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

 


I hope you do realise he was being sarcastic.

Putting that dlc behind paywall would have f**ked the numbers vis-à-vis experience royally 

 


Haha … I misread… I read as charge for dlc in place of legends…

Edited by hsk_colossus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, SaiKO said:

:D

Under NDA so nothing I can say here regarding my Employer. Suffice to say, R* is actually never unfair towards fans and their own people. And we don't want you to buy the game again. Rockstar earns more from online features rather than selling copies of the old games. So what the company decides shouldn't be anything unfair.

R* is very serious about public image, gamer's support. They don't wanna jeopardise their relationship with their fans Afaik.


But Sony is being very anticonsumer recently, it's quite visible when the competitor is trying to be more consumer friendly. When 3rd party companies are giving free upgrades for crossgen games.

 

:rofl:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

I bought the steelbook edition of GoT on PS4 in March. 

 

1. What does the Director's cut add on the PS5? 

2. Is there a way for me to upgrade to it on PS5?

 


It adds :-

-Dynamic 4k @ 60fps (BC version is CB 4k)

-Haptics & adaptive trigger support 

-3D Audio 

-Realtime Cutscenes (hence Japanese lip sync)

-Story Expansion on separate Island 

 

You can upgrade your copy to PS5 version for :-$30

if you want to keep playing in BC mode then you can get just the Story expansion for :-$20

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, AnK said:


It adds :-

-Dynamic 4k @ 60fps (BC version is CB 4k)

-Haptics & adaptive trigger support 

-3D Audio 

-Realtime Cutscenes (hence Japanese lip sync)

-Story Expansion on separate Island 

 

You can upgrade your copy to PS5 version for :-$30

if you want to keep playing in BC mode then you can get just the Story expansion for :-$20

 

Thanks! :)

 

Dayumn.. 30 bucks and I will probably still have to keep the disc in the PS5 as well. 

Also, will have to put off playing the game for another month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Channu said:

How much should I expect to pay for Director's cut on PS5 if I have a PS4 disc with me (in INR) & will it reflect only post release of the game ? Preorder show for 4999. 


Somewhere around 2.5k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If i'm buying this for the PS4 is it ok to wait till the director's cut itself becomes discounted?

Or should I buy the normal version when the next sale appears?

Nvm it seems the normal GoT has been taken off the PSstore, only Director's cut is available.

 

this and TLOU2 are the only two PS4 exclusives i haven't bought/played yet.

 

Edited by PhantomShade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Channu said:

How much should I expect to pay for Director's cut on PS5 if I have a PS4 disc with me (in INR) & will it reflect only post release of the game ? Preorder show for 4999. 

 

You need to check this one and order - INR 1,664 and later from in Game you upgrade to PS5 edition, that can cost 800-1000 bucks..

https://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP9000-CUSA13323_00-GHOSTDIRECTORCUT

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

If i'm buying this for the PS4 is it ok to wait till the director's cut itself becomes discounted?

Or should I buy the normal version when the next sale appears?

Nvm it seems the normal GoT has been taken off the PSstore, only Director's cut is available.

 

this and TLOU2 are the only two PS4 exclusives i haven't bought/played yet.

 

 

If you have not played the game at all - Get the PS5 Director's Cut version. The game is mind blowingly beautiful and deserves to be played in it's full glory. It's a scam if you have the PS4 version and have to pay to upgrade. It's absolutely worth it for a brand new player of the game. Doing things like what @Assassins Creed said - will ultimately cost more in the long run. Publishers routinely discount games. I've not heard of publishers ever discounting an Upgrade patch to a game. Just like you are far more likely to find a GOTY Edition of a game on sale than finding the individual DLCs on sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

If you have not played the game at all - Get the PS5 Director's Cut version. The game is mind blowingly beautiful and deserves to be played in it's full glory. It's a scam if you have the PS4 version and have to pay to upgrade. It's absolutely worth it for a brand new player of the game. Doing things like what @Assassins Creed said - will ultimately cost more in the long run. Publishers routinely discount games. I've not heard of publishers ever discounting an Upgrade patch to a game. Just like you are far more likely to find a GOTY Edition of a game on sale than finding the individual DLCs on sale.

 

wouldnt it be cheaper to by a 2nd hand copy, and get the upgrade than to pay 5k for the directors cut?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Snake said:

 

wouldnt it be cheaper to by a 2nd hand copy, and get the upgrade than to pay 5k for the directors cut?

 

Yup, this is ideally the best path - provided 2nd hand copy is cheap. If 2nd hand copy itself is 2.5k (or above) - then it makes no sense, because it will either be the same price as a new copy or more expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...