Onrush

Heaven Angel

19 minutes ago, Walker said:

I spent some more time with it last night and @mango_man is pretty much spot in. Game is a lot of fun but needs more work in terms of tracks. Every vehicle has different powers, strengths etc and team play is good.

Also @mango_man how the heck level 26 already 

Lol its almost +1 level per match. 

Game is like an idle clicker. Its sad really. Just keep Gas and boost pressed+ hit jumps+ hit ultimate around opponents occasionally- boom MVP. There is no real or clear car on car takedown mechanic and crashing into others is glitchy and a bad strategy for win anyways. Only your ultimate ability is the real ACTIVE offensive/strategic tool and they happen too far off, everything else is stupidly passive. What a huge missed opportunity! 

Anyway after a few more hours with the game I have to say it is still a lot of fun. Especially when the team youre on is smart enough to choose across classes, and according to the game mode.

There's a strategy once you meet like minded individuals and everything just clicks into place. Last night we won almost 6 matches in a row simply by playing as a team. For instance in overdrive I chose the buggy that is especially good at the overdrive mode and so here I was boosting my way across the map when I realised both tanks from my team were taking turns in providing me  and a biker, a shield so we could keep building rush, while the interceptor did his best to keep the opponent's off our tail. When this happens the game is really fun. 

Of course you need to be in a team that's actively trying to play together. The vehicles still feel like they have no weight at all, takedowns aren't entirely satisfying and I still wish there were special power ups to be found on the tracks. From what I've seen it's not a $60 game, $30 would be about right, but if you can play with friends or a good team it's really fun.

Also hope there's other modes than just the overdrive mode and the timed mode. A team death match mode would be epic, or a a tag-you're-it mode etc. Game definitely has potential.

Yea it is fun. Thats why I said its a missed opprtunity. Its sooo shallow and has very passive gameplay. All this fun gameplay and wide tracks but nothing much to do. I mean almost 50% of the buttons on the controller arent bound to anything! The concept is good the core gameplay is catchy and pace is exhilirating..but thats it.. and even if they NOW in a hurry add a proper takedown mechanic and some side bash abilities with some powerups thrown in there then it can be saved. But they wont. $60 lol

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews out.

OpenCritic: 76/100

• ONRUSH tries a number of new things with its team-based driving mechanics, and some aspects of this gamble pay off better than others. Its speed and mechanics are sound, but those looking for something a bit more traditional best approach with caution.
  • A stupidly fun arcade racer that confounded our expectations, Onrush is the perfect game for those seeking something immediate, accessible and effortlessly entertaining.
  • Onrush is a fast, fun and entrertaining game. By scraping a little it's surface, we discover that it is more subtle than it seems and therefore has more depth than one might think. The range of action is wide enough for everyone to find his account. But there are some bugs that are hard to forgive, even if they are not very serious. Let's hope that future patches will both correct them and evolve the game so that we can continue to ride for a long time.
  • When blazing along smashing everything in sight or assisting others in a rare team-based racer, Onrush is an absolute blast to play. I wish it handled its "stampede" a little more cleanly when managing respawns and had enough content to truly justify its price point, but we can only hope future updates and community management will lend it the hand it deserves in building a committed playerbase.
  • Onrush takes the team-based multiplayer of Overwatch and combines it with a blend of Motorstorm and Burnout, creating one of the most unique and fun arcade driving games of this generation.
  • Codemasters gives us a fun game but we'll have seen everything it has to offer in a matter of hours unless you're addicted to unlocking cosmetic customization elements.
  • OnRush is an exhilarating, old-school arcade racer... with both its feet firmly planted in the new "online multiplayer" millennium. It needs more depth in its class system and more modes, but it's fun as hell!
  • Onrush makes a bid to revive the arcade racing genre with this wonderfully unique title. It's a little bit Motorstorm, a little bit Burnout, a little bit SSX. It's a beautiful game, with a selection of amazing tracks full of jumps, drops, and takedowns. Onrush is at times too chaotic and busy, but in the end it's damned exciting.
  • This is a light package that never reaches the heights of Evolution Studio's previous games, but for those seeking an arcade racer offering quick thrills, it does the trick.
  • OnRush is a brilliant and original title, but not as deep as other competitive alternatives. Now that there's the base of the strutcture and it's clearly good and intuitive, developers have the responsability to bring continuosly new elements to support to their, hopefully, growing creature.
  • There's a little bit of everything in Onrush, from racers to shooters, from destruction derbies to sports games. If you were expecting a sequel to MotorStorm, Onrush won't be for you, but give it a chance and its clever blend of different genres can draw you into its unrelenting vehicular action.
  • ONRUSH is definitely not the typical arcade racer you might expect from the people that brought you the MotorStorm series: it's a weird, fascinating and imperfect alternative take on the genre, one that says no to the finish line in favor of team work and mechanics taken from different genres. Despite its limits it certainly works, but not for everybody (and probably not at 70€).
  • Onrush could use some refinement when it comes to its modes but its core is strong, and the foundation is set for a great arcade racer. I'm anxious to see how it evolves and if people will really pick up on the class-based system enough to explore it past the first few weeks of launch, but for now I'm happy boosting off of a cliff and doing sweet flips on a motorcycle to earn points.
  • If you're looking for a standard arcade racer to play alone, it's probably not for you, but if you're looking for something different and have a few friends willing to team up, ONRUSH feels wholly new and chaotically fun.
  • Original ideas are delightful, but there isn't too much of content. And we're going to be bored very quickly.
  • The main features missing from Onrush (traditional racing games modes and deep vehicle customization options) keep it from being truly amazing. What's being offered here is still a solid and memorable experience that should be taken for a spin.

Cool. 

• 1 month later...

I'm on the fence. I enjoyed the beta a lot. I'm not sure if it allows friends to form teams etc. Also with our luck so far I'm a bit skeptical about PSN strict nat issues causing bs problems.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

It does allow teams afaik. 

Nice. I might get it soon. Only thing holding me back right now is the shut luck we've had in the past with Driveclub and GTSport.

Game is flashy. Looks great.
Its great fun when you start playing. Its new and seems amazing fun.

After 1-2 hrs into the game, its so damn boring. God , u are doing the same thing over and over and over again.

SP / MP everything you are doing the same thing repeatedly..

They screwed up by not adding a racing mode. Tracks are good, put in plenty of cars and add regular racing and game will be so much better..

Overall , definitely not worth buying. Might buy for 10$ in some sale.

If they add racing mode, i might get n urge to buy it

1 hour ago, adity said:

OK. The game is not good at all. I dunno why I liked it yesterday but it really isn't good. 

The maps are too spread and very little emphasis on team work. I don't have much to say except that just stay away from the game. 

:lol: 

I know right.. Starts off amazing, u feel its super fun.
2 hrs and feels very boring..
Sometimes u are just driving, dont even know what you are doing and whats happening..

8 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Game is flashy. Looks great.
Its great fun when you start playing. Its new and seems amazing fun.

After 1-2 hrs into the game, its so damn boring. God , u are doing the same thing over and over and over again.

SP / MP everything you are doing the same thing repeatedly..

They screwed up by not adding a racing mode. Tracks are good, put in plenty of cars and add regular racing and game will be so much better..

Overall , definitely not worth buying. Might buy for 10$ in some sale.

If they add racing mode, i might get n urge to buy it

It's like the fortnite all over again....felt the same there too :P

25 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

But that was free .. This is 60 $ :lol:

60? :O I just clicked 'try free demo' part in psn.....I never saw the price tag......without racing how the hell is this worth 60 bc 

Archived