The Division 2

Heaven Angel

jdvVZG6.jpg

We're thrilled to announce that  we are working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and that development will be led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Bucharest. The Division 2 will be powered by an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that enables us to realize our ambitions for the sequel, but more importantly, we're also taking everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right. 

Part of that means recognizing your commitment to The Division. With that in mind, we're adding a new type of achievement called "Shields" to the game. Earning them will unlock special rewards in The Division 2 when it launches

On behalf of all the teams at Ubisoft, we thank you for the support you've given us over the past two years, and we hope that our continued work will earn that support for many years to come. We can't wait to show you what we have in store for The Division 2 at E3 2018 in June. See you then!

-Ubisoft

Edited by Heaven Angel

So its a service based game that you continue to earn money from until you can't, then you announce a sequel and the cycle continues. So it is a traditional AAAA cyclic based revenue except it also apes the benefits of GaaS (aka Destiny model). Gotcha.. 

Just traditional MMO model, except with 2-3 year life cycle. These days dev can't keep up going with 5-10 years of service without sub fee and people don't want to pay a sub fee. So new game every couple years. 

Division 1 had issues at launch but over time it got way better and currently, it's solid. Hopefully, they will not make the same mistake twice.

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Just traditional MMO model, except with 2-3 year life cycle. These days dev can't keep up going with 5-10 years of service without sub fee and people don't want to pay a sub fee. So new game every couple years. 

Division 1 had issues at launch but over time it got way better and currently, it's solid. Hopefully, they will not make the same mistake twice.

Everyone said the same about Bungie and Destiny and look where we are now. Besides, the devs couldn't fix many vanilla issues cause it was deep within the code.

Just make traditional sequel based games if you're going to make traditional sequel based games instead of making a big song n dance about GaaS like Ubisoft did last month. Its already bad enough that we get annual sports game that are the most prime candidates to implement GaaS model and move away from sequelitis but they don't because fk you give me money.

3 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Everyone said the same about Bungie and Destiny and look where we are now. Besides, the devs couldn't fix many vanilla issues cause it was deep within the code.

True but looking at Division 1 now and at launch, they feel like two different games. The way Ubisoft is going lately gives some hope. 

Division 1 will also be receiving couple more updates along with Xbox One X patch in coming months. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

F2P games are anyway making more money with itemised purchases, premium content, premium time etc.

And if it a traditional 'AAA' title you get additional DLC (Season Pass which does not cover all bonus content) and microtransactions. I mean who are you trying to kid at this point? 

Yes, gaming studios need to generate revenue but after a point, if that revenue is not directly going to affect the product we get, why should we foot it? 

The way Division 1 shaped up since lauch, gives me immense hope that the sequel will be a great game too.

I had the game around 2~3 months after launch and had been playing it on and off till patch 1.7.

After patch 1.7, all I play nowadays is the Division. I have lost interest in BF1 & FIFA because of this game.

Somehow this game got the right mix of the setting, good graphics & the RPG loot element which has had me hooked. I don't like the skyrim type of RPG with magic n all.

Also I don't think any other game in this genre had the kind of Dev support that this game has for almost 3 years now.
They have  listened to the community and actively made changes based on the feedback with a few hit n miss here and there like the missing anti-cheat system.

However I have very high hopes from the sequel !
Also I very much like the timing of this. I'm hoping an early 2019 launch which gives me enough time to fully grind through the current game and go out on a high.

12 hours ago, Keano said:

Division 1 enemies are bullet sponges and their AI is a joke. Will not touch this after I look at user reviews. 

The bullet sponge mechanics are there to facilitate the fact that it is an ARPG and not just a shooter. 

12 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

F2P games are anyway making more money with itemised purchases, premium content, premium time etc.

Not true. Only the popular ones are making enough. Even with that, they have to constantly put updates and refresh store content. It's just easy for bigger studios to make a new game than making F2P games and work on in-game items. 

1-2 month fall behind schedule and F2P games just fade away. 

Season Pass which does not cover all bonus content 

Division 1 season pass contains pretty much everything. All the 3 expansions along with the cosmetics. Apart from that, you also get few tokens for in-game cosmetics. Pretty much every season pass out there contains every post-launch content except for few. 

The season year of additional content was FREE of charge. 

Yes, gaming studios need to generate revenue but after a point, if that revenue is not directly going to affect the product we get, why should we foot it? 

It is affecting the product though? Otherwise, they wouldn't have bothered with constant updates to make the game what it is today. If there was not enough revenue, they would have just dropped 3 expansions and done with it.

The first game is still going to receive more updates/content.

SgTQEb2.jpg

It's either $60 + season pass for every 2-3 years or $60 + monthly $10-20 sub fee + $40-50 expansion fee like MMO games for 5+ years.

F2P games are all nice and dandy till it becomes a job to get an item. Sit and grind and grind and wait for updates... 3ErySUD.png  

17 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

The way Division 1 shaped up since lauch, gives me immense hope that the sequel will be a great game too.

I had the game around 2~3 months after launch and had been playing it on and off till patch 1.7.

After patch 1.7, all I play nowadays is the Division. I have lost interest in BF1 & FIFA because of this game.

Somehow this game got the right mix of the setting, good graphics & the RPG loot element which has had me hooked. I don't like the skyrim type of RPG with magic n all.

Also I don't think any other game in this genre had the kind of Dev support that this game has for almost 3 years now.
They have  listened to the community and actively made changes based on the feedback with a few hit n miss here and there like the missing anti-cheat system.

However I have very high hopes from the sequel !
Also I very much like the timing of this. I'm hoping an early 2019 launch which gives me enough time to fully grind through the current game and go out on a high.

Same. Having high hopes for the sequel and with the way Ubisoft is going lately, doubt they will mess it up. Can't be worse than Destiny 2 anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Not true. Only the popular ones are making enough. Even with that, they have to constantly put updates and refresh store content. It's just easy for bigger studios to make a new game than making F2P games and work on in-game items.

Surprisingly, I do not see any 'major' F2P developer going, Oh! This is too much work, we cannot put out so much content.

And on top of that, better release schedules, faster patches, a yearly touch up with more consistent follow-ups.

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The season year of additional content was FREE of charge.

I think they did it more out of obligation to the audience that decided to tag along for the ride. Oh! And it had microtransactions and lootboxes.

38 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

F2P games are all nice and dandy till it becomes a job to get an item. Sit and grind and grind and wait for updates... 3ErySUD.png  

Congratulations, you just described every premium GaaS, Destiny, The Division, Wildlands. I mean what is left to do after you hit the proverbial 'end game'. Grind, grind for all the 'extra' content. 

41 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The first game is still going to receive more updates/content.

It's either $60 + season pass for every 2-3 years or $60 + monthly $10-20 sub fee + $40-50 expansion fee like MMO games for 5+ years.

The 'global events' listed there are done on a weekly basis in F2P titles, so...

Or you know, just accept it that you want to make a MMO and build one instead of constantly bilking your player base. Just saying.

• 3 months later...

Dive into The Division 2's transformed Washington D.C. and free its streets from vicious enemy factions trying to seize its control.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is an online open-world, action shooter RPG experience.

Available March 15th, 2019 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC

I somehow didn't get that feel from the reveal trailer.. Was expecting a lot more from it.. Even the division 1 trailer was far better than this..

But the gameplay video looks good.. Hoping they don't downgrade it like before :P 

XjaZFJX.jpg

Washington D.C. is on the brink of collapse. Lawlessness and instability threaten our society, and rumours of a coup in the Capitol are only amplifying the chaos. All active Division agents are desperately needed to save the city before it's too late.

You are a member of the Division, an elite group of civilian agents charged with being the last line of defence. With D.C. at risk, it's time to gear up and use your unique skills to take on this new threat.

Unlike anything before it, The Division 2's Washington D.C. is a 1:1 representation of the real city, making the game world more authentic than ever. The game's map offers up-close-and-personal views of landmarks, natural landscapes, neighbourhoods, and enemy hideouts.

Various factions, vying for power in the wake of the crisis, are aiming to claim D.C.’s future for themselves. Only Division agents are equipped to take on these new threats and protect the civilians that remain.

End Game

The Division 2's brand-new endgame presents added challenges, game modes, and high-end rewards, offering new ways to play and further upgrade your Agent.

Upon reaching level 30, Division Agents will be able to activate one of several specializations. Each one unlocks a unique signature weapon and additional skills that offer new ways to play.

SURVIVALIST | DEMOLITIONIST | SHARPSHOOTER

ENDGAME FEATURES

• PVP - Take on other players to prove your skills and earn powerful high-end gear.
  • NEW CO-OP ACTIVITIES - Embark on brand-new missions that offer some of the greatest challenges the Division has faced yet.
  • CLANS - Agents are more powerful together, so take advantage of new ways to not only play with, but connect with other players.

AN ALWAYS-EVOLVING ENDGAME - New content will be added regularly to The Division 2, and players will have access to a full year of free story-driven missions, map expansions and new game features.

AND 8 PLAYER RAID!

rrohr5A.png