Shadow of The Tomb Raider

Heaven Angel

Not a great gameplay trailer. It's been there done that from ROTR. The set pieces shown at the end seems intriguing. 
Well uncharted has been doing the same thing for 4 games so I don't mind this either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Well uncharted has been doing the same thing for 4 games so I don't mind this either.

Well I don't mind either. Just the trailer is okayish. UC trailers is a different level of how to properly show off its gameplay. What really set UC apart is the graphical improvements. 

Also there were similarities in the story in the original and ROTR in which I don't see in UC series.. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Well I don't mind either. Just the trailer is okayish. UC trailers is a different level of how to properly show off its gameplay. What really set UC apart is the graphical improvements. 

Also there were similarities in the story in the original and ROTR in which I don't see in UC series.. 

Agree with the first paragraph UC trailers are super cool but second?

All games have the exact same story with a different location, stealth session to begin, find a super important thing to reach the final location, have the bad guy come and take it from you. Reach the final location anyways. Have things there turn to zombie. Kill the bad guy, blow up the place, loose the treasure you played 12 hours to achieve rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

What a joke, just completed the Nathan drake collection, the games have the same basic plot, right down to the end, i_rock put it nicely in the above post.

On 12/06/2018 at 12:18 AM, Mysteryman said:

We both played different UC games I guess. 

Other than graphics and story , all UC games are pretty identical to each other. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

You gotta be kidding. Every UC game has looked much better than the one before. 

If that is the best you can say then yeah they arent that different. :P

Which is fine TBH. If something works you, then just refine it. UC does that pretty nicely. 

The problem with this series is, they have no niche. UC has its set pieces and writing and even if everything falls apart, that carries the game for them. This on the other hand (the first two games definitely and looks like the third one as well) has literally nothing that it can call its own. 

Mysteryman said the trailer was okayish and that word describes this pointless trilogy perfectly. Its ok. All the parts work. It looks nice. Controls well. Runs well. And its ok. And that is all it is.

There is nothing offensive about this game and there isnt anything memorable either. Its just ok. I played and finished the first two games and I honestly coudnt tell you one stand out moment from it. Not one character, not one set piece, not one level. Even bad games leave an impression. This one? Nothing. 

This game is a really good argument against games being art. 

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, adity said:

That's the problem I've had with ROTR. Just so generic there is nothing memorable about it. Game mechanics are solid but there is no context to it. Just you keep going on killing people. Even that could work if the gameplay was a standout but its not. 

True when u compare to uncharted I can remember tons of scenes from uncharted but I can't remember any iconic scene from tr or rotr ....game mechanics though are indeed solid 

12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

If that is the best you can say then yeah they arent that different. :P

Which is fine TBH. If something works you, then just refine it. UC does that pretty nicely. 

The problem with this series is, they have no niche. UC has its set pieces and writing and even if everything falls apart, that carries the game for them. This on the other hand (the first two games definitely and looks like the third one as well) has literally nothing that it can call its own. 

Mysteryman said the trailer was okayish and that word describes this pointless trilogy perfectly. Its ok. All the parts work. It looks nice. Controls well. Runs well. And its ok. And that is all it is.

There is nothing offensive about this game and there isnt anything memorable either. Its just ok. I played and finished the first two games and I honestly coudnt tell you one stand out moment from it. Not one character, not one set piece, not one level. Even bad games leave an impression. This one? Nothing. 

This game is a really good argument against games being art. 

Even if there was not one standout memorable moment in first two games,they were still very solid games throughout the entire SP campaign. Solid enough that they were almost praised universally and liked by most even though comparisons with UC was inevitable. Shadow will be great throughout as well even though again i don't think there will be any standout moments . Tomb raider series is a kind of game that you really enjoy while you're playing it but don't remember or recall much of it a few days after you're done with it. It doesn't have to be memorable to be good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Bruh whats the point of the bow when I get a silenced pistol alongside it?

Like, here is the bow. Hard to aim, awful fire rate and I have to manually make arrows for it. And then there is the pistol, never runs out of ammo cause you can just pick it up for free, has perfect aim and excellent rate of fire.