Sign in to follow this  
adity

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Finished it last night and man I'm blown away by the quality. Happy to report it looks and runs way better than Yakuza 6 on the base PS4. Gone is the screen-tearing and the fuzzy low resolution look. The world now feels so crisp and the frame rate is stable.

As for the game itself, well, It kicked off from Chapter 2 in Sotenbori city.  All too familiar for me as the map and the layout remains exactly the same from Yakuza 0. The controls remain the same, so it was easy to work with. Most of the game mechanics are almost intact, so people who have played the current generation remaster/remakes would be right at home. 

I only managed to try 1-2 side quests, which were basic. Hit the Karaoke bar and sang to some sh*tty tune (hope there are better tracks). Hit Gandhara and paid to watch 2 "recreational" videos, which turned out to be audio only and the camera just shows Kiryu's reaction to the video. BOO! Where are my Jap AV babes? :fear:

Anyhoo, didn't explore much and headed right off to the main mission and it was pretty much filled with cut-scenes with barely any gameplay. I guess they just wanted to give a really small sneak preview. But I'm impressed by the quality. This engine has a lot of potential. I'll hold of on all purchases for these games on the console, now that we have a legitimate PC releases lined up. 

• Like 1

Finished it last night and man I'm blown away by the quality. Happy to report it looks and runs way better than Yakuza 6 on the base PS4. Gone is the screen-tearing and the fuzzy low resolution look. The world now feels so crisp and the frame rate is stable.

As for the game itself, well, It kicked off from Chapter 2 in Sotenbori city.  All too familiar for me as the map and the layout remains exactly the same from Yakuza 0. The controls remain the same, so it was easy to work with. Most of the game mechanics are almost intact, so people who have played the current generation remaster/remakes would be right at home. 

I only managed to try 1-2 side quests, which were basic. Hit the Karaoke bar and sang to some sh*tty tune (hope there are better tracks). Hit Gandhara and paid to watch 2 "recreational" videos, which turned out to be audio only and the camera just shows Kiryu's reaction to the video. BOO! Where are my Jap AV babes? :fear:

Anyhoo, didn't explore much and headed right off to the main mission and it was pretty much filled with cut-scenes with barely any gameplay. I guess they just wanted to give a really small sneak preview. But I'm impressed by the quality. This engine has a lot of potential. I'll hold of on all purchases for these games on the console, now that we have a legitimate PC releases lined up. 
Does the save carry forward to the full game? And dang Gandhara :O:D

1 minute ago, Monokuma said:

Does the save carry forward to the full game? And dang Gandhara :O:D

Nope, it doesn't. Unlike Yakuza 6, which kicked off from the start, the progress transfer here wouldn't make sense as it's from the second chapter. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I played for 30 mins or so, ate at afew restaurants, bought stuff the vending machines, beat up a afew people, drank some boss coffee. The only disappointment at this time is the Gandhara vids, dat some booollshhhheettt....

I played for 30 mins or so, ate at afew restaurants, bought stuff the vending machines, beat up a afew people, drank some boss coffee. The only disappointment at this time is the Gandhara vids, dat some booollshhhheettt....
Maybe they wanted the file size for the demo to be less. Maybe the full version will have the vids :naughty: