The Home Theatre Set-Up

achilles

15 minutes ago, achilles said:

Not much idea about this segment of the market but generally I'd prefer audio specific brands like JBL. Prefer one with a separate subwoofer. Listen to it live before buying, or forever hold your peace :P

Soundbars do have a place and fulfil a different set of requirements, chief being the sleek placement below a thin and sleek TV. They also offer decent general-purpose audio.

Yeah, of course, if space and looks are a big concern. But for "decent general purpose audio", I feel they are still too expensive and not worth that much.

Edited by The Panda

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

After reading your thoughts on soundbar it seems it resonates with most redditers. For me sound quality matters nore than looks.

I am in love with Edifier M3600D but can't find it anywhere in stock. It reminds me of my creative SBS 550. And after seeing this youtube video i do understand THX certification has it's merits. Any other THX Certified 2.1 setup like this one. This is so great at 12k it's a steal.

Damn i want this

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I have Edifier R1850DB. Although I find them a little boomy for my tastes, the sound stage is f**king phenomenal!

34 minutes ago, adity said:

Ok i'll research more. Anything to recommend in the 40k range? Space and those things aren't a concern. Just want good sound for the money I'm paying. 

You can start with this list:

EDIT: If you have any queries, ask them at /r/budgetaudiophile. Very good community!

Edited by The Panda

I have a doubt. I am looking at Klipsch R-41PM. These don't require a receiver to connect to the TV. So if my TV is able to provide DTS and Dolby over the optical then these will take advantage of that right? I can't find anything regarding whether they support DTS/Dolby or not.

I have a doubt. I am looking at Klipsch R-41PM. These don't require a receiver to connect to the TV. So if my TV is able to provide DTS and Dolby over the optical then these will take advantage of that right? I can't find anything regarding whether they support DTS/Dolby or not.
Now we have to check for audio format support for speakers also, it's just sound isn't it and optical and hdmi should play all sound right?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Now we have to check for audio format support for speakers also

I don't think so. Soundbars that support Atmos/DTS-HD come with the said decoders.

For a Surround Sound Dolby/DTS experience, you will need a receiver that decodes Dolby/DTS information to get the said experience. Otherwise, it is just PCM.

30 minutes ago, adity said:

Panda so I researched with the post you linked and like the Q acoustics 3020i. What else do I need to get them working? Will they plug straight into my TV? 

They are passive speakers and in order to power them up, you will need an amplifier. Go for an amplifier that supports your TV's audio output ports. Since I do not have much idea about what amplifiers to suggest, I'd recommend checking /r/budgetaudiophile. A quick google search yielded several recommendations for Q 3020i in that sub!

Edited by The Panda

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

They are passive speakers and in order to power them up, you will need an amplifier. Go for an amplifier that supports your TV's audio output ports. Since I do not have much idea about what amplifiers to suggest, I'd recommend checking /r/budgetaudiophile. A quick google search yielded several recommendations for Q 3020i in that sub!

Klipsch R-41PM have an inbuilt amp, but I can't find at all if they support DTS/Dolby or not.

13 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Klipsch R-41PM have an inbuilt amp, but I can't find at all if they support DTS/Dolby or not.

Like I said before, you just need a receiver/device to decode Dolby/DTS information and content that is in Dolby/DTS to get the desired experience. You don't need to worry about speakers. You can even use $50 Micca speakers.

Edited by The Panda

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Like I said before, you just need a receiver/device to decode Dolby/DTS information and content that is in Dolby/DTS to get the desired experience. You don't need to worry about speakers. You can even use $50 Micca speakers.

That's what I am saying. Klipsch have a decoder and amp built in. But doesn't mention anything about any formats.

3 hours ago, kunjanp said:

That's what I am saying. Klipsch have a decoder

Where? Even the official website doesn't mention any Dolby/DTS decoding in Klipsch R-41PM. There are, however, dedicated/certified Dolby Klipsch speakers but Klipsch R-41PM isn't one of them.

On 11/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, kunjanp said:

Yes, Klipsch R-41PM should take advantage of that since your TV is doing the decoding. However, Atmos and DTS-HD work only over HDMI.

Edited by The Panda

• 1 month later...

I have Edifier R1850DB. Although I find them a little boomy for my tastes, the sound stage is f**king phenomenal!
Hiii... Heard ur name a lot
So, I was looking to buy Creative T50 but its out of stock since a Long time and the past prices are absurd.
Now looking at Edifier R1855DB. They are the same as your 1850 excpt they have a 'sub out'. Even their R2000 has no sub out.
Needs: 1. Gaming primary, movies/videos secondary
2. Neutral sounds (not too bassy)
3. Loud enuf to sound the whole floor in case of party ( I have small computer speakers, their loudness is okayish so dont want too big loud).
4. Budget 12k

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08GJCLKW3/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_5-S8FbHHW96HP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looking for Vegetation in Wraeclast

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Does anybody happen to have any experience with the Bose 700 Soundbar?

P.S. Soundbar because of space constraints.

too expensive for just a soundbar

57 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

That is indeed true.

And doesn't get you much either.

No Dolby TrueHD or Atmos, No DTS-HD or DTS-X. I'm sure it'll sound good, but is it 80K good?

8 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

And doesn't get you much either.

No Dolby TrueHD or Atmos, No DTS-HD or DTS-X. I'm sure it'll sound good, but is it 80K good?

I don't care much for those features, since they'll all be 'fake' implementations anyway with a soundbar.

But yes, the vfm factor can't be ignored. Wish there was a way to compare it with the 30-50k ones.

29 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I don't care much for those features, since they'll all be 'fake' implementations anyway with a soundbar.

But yes, the vfm factor can't be ignored. Wish there was a way to compare it with the 30-50k ones.

I'd pay 30K, tbh :D

Also, those codecs are pretty basic if you're watching HQ streaming or blu-rays. Not so much if those are not your specific use cases and if it's just games. And even with games, the new consoles can output bitstream as well as Atmos. Just things to keep in mind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...