DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age & Definitive Edition

Heaven Angel

MYqHsyY.png

• DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ follows the journey of a hunted Hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters. They embark on a quest taking them across continents and over vast oceans as they learn of an ominous threat facing the world. 
  • DQ XI brings a massive, gorgeous world to life in a style that blends stylistic cel-shading with photorealistic detail.
  • Engage in a turn-based battle system that eases players into combat, featuring mechanics simple enough for novices but with enough depth to satisfy long-time fans.
  • DQ XI features tons of side-quests and mini-games, providing enough content to keep you playing for well over 100 hours.

fgwwxzm.jpg

AW8ozrA.jpg

rQ2AJrx.jpg

fwDWkOq.jpg

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and composer Koichi Sugiyama. While it is the eleventh mainline entry in the critically acclaimed series, DRAGON QUEST XI is a completely standalone experience that features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike.

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is coming to PS4 and Steam on September 4, 2018 in North America and Europe!

PSN | Steam

Edited by Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

I was waiting for this, the combat will be turn based ?

Yep.

features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike.

It is turn based but you have some freedom of movement like FFXII.

6 hours ago, Keano said:

never really got into turn based rpg combat games, this one looks interesting in all aspects except the combat :mellow: 

Never played Persona?

Summarizing the additional changes that are being made for the Western version -

1) Most ImportantDialogue is voiced in the Western version, unlike the Japanese version (Although I think the MC may still be a silent protag)

2) Game menu and UI has been changed from a simple text based one in the Japanese version to a more complex one (something like DQ8 menus)

3) Dash function has been added, allowing people to traverse terrain faster

4) A new difficulty mode has been added called "Draconian Quest"

5) Character and camera controls will be improved.

Sourcehttps://www.gamecrate.com/dragon-quest-xi-gets-release-date-its-improved-western-version/18668

Also, Switch version is very far off, and certainly not releasing in 2018 and 3DS version is cancelled it seems (Sorry if this has been stated before)

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

It is turn based but you have some freedom of movement like FFXII.

Never played Persona?

44 minutes ago, adity said:

Persona 5 is a good place to start if you wanna try turn based RPGs. The combat is quite simple at least in the first 20 hours (which is how far I've gotten so far). It's my first turn based game as well. Didn't really face any problems. It's quite fun, actually. 

I never played any of the Persona or FF games but heard many of colleagues raving about them. Like playing action RPGs and enjoy grinding and lengthy games. Persona 5 is a PS exclusive right? easy to get into the series at this point?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

DQ11 or Persona 5? I mean Persona 5 is obviously amazing, but what about the game this thread is dedicated to? Worth the pick-up?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Both are amazing games (Legendary for me personally). But I would suggest waiting on both. Persona 5 is getting a definitive edition in 2020 (Persona 5 R) with tons of new content. So wait for that. Dragon Quest is also getting a definitive edition (Dragon Quest S), again with tons of new content. Dragon Quest S is coming out this year.But it's Switch exclusive. So if you have a Switch wait for that. Otherwise, you can get DQXI now.

Do keep in mind that DQ XI is a traditional JRPG though. It will play like those JRPGs from 90s only with awesome graphics, and gameplay that you can speed up. It also has a taditional (Though Very Good) story. It's more of a comfortable game you play to relax (From what I've heard, in Japan it's literally a bed-time game that people play before sleeping peacefully).

Persona 5 is the modern revolutionary game.

Both are easily 90-100 hour games so you will definitely get your money's worth.

Hope it helped :)

Edited by roun90

Alright so I'll wait for Persona 5 Definitive Edition. I'll have to buy it new, but that can't be helped. As far as Dragon Quest goes, I don't have a switch so I'll try to get DQXI off the forum and just wait for DQ S otherwise.
Thanks!

I've heard so much about this game lol. Anyway I do hope to get it off the forum or the Definitive Edition next year.

As far as DQXI goes, I'll put a WTB sale soon as I clear a couple games from my backlog. Or at least complete RDR2.

Playing the game for past few days. I like it so far, it’s pretty relaxing to play it after work when I’m a bit tired. But I was hoping it’d be more than  that given all the praise it got, honestly felt pretty underwhelmed. Combat is just too too simplistic, so is story and character interactions. Thought it’s be a new experience for me since I never played DQ game, but so far it’s just seen that done that for me. 

Actually played detroit on weekend when I was waiting for this to get shipped, and unexpectedly liked that lot more than what I got here. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age & Definitive Edition