DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age & Definitive Edition

Heaven Angel

12 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Not finished it. But have progressed a lot as far as story is concerned. I think i am at the half way mark

8 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It is one of the best. Very very enjoyable. 

I see. Been putting it off since its very time consuming, but might as well. 

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Rather this over 5 short games. World is immersive enough and characters and storyline is cool enough to keep you hooked in. 

You can also wait for XIS: Definitive Edition though. 

I already own the game, so I think I'll hop into this. I played the first arc I think, the one where we climb the mountain with the possible love interest?

But thats about it. If you've got any tips to progress faster or get better, would appreciate. Will start only on Sunday though, busy day tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I already own the game, so I think I'll hop into this. I played the first arc I think, the one where we climb the mountain with the possible love interest?

But thats about it. If you've got any tips to progress faster or get better, would appreciate. Will start only on Sunday though, busy day tomorrow. 

That is just a tutorial kind of a mission. Don't read too much into it. Main game starts after that.

48 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Rather this over 5 short games. World is immersive enough and characters and storyline is cool enough to keep you hooked in. 

You can also wait for XIS: Definitive Edition though. 

Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition is a downgrade graphically though. It has more content, but it's built ground-up for the Switch and it seems it shows. So it's a trade-off, not a definitive upgrade

dragon-quest-xi-s-upgrade.jpeg?resize=15

From SourceSince the visuals are downgraded, a twitter user has compared the original game to the newly announced PS4, PC, and Xbox One version and there is indeed a difference in the visuals. Geometry is simplified while texture quality is reduced. The game will run at a much higher resolution and frame rate on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC than the Nintendo Switch version.

Sourcehttps://twistedvoxel.com/dragon-quest-xi-s-free-upgrade-ps4-pc/

• 1 month later...
Just now, Joe Cool said:

Did you try it?

Yes, I did. Haven't played the original so can't talk about the visual comparison.

It's kinda slow at the start (maybe Genshin has spoilt me), but I kinda liked it. Just played the bit until the protag goes back home and meets his mother after the climb.

Okay so far. I read somewhere that the demo is 10 hours long. So, still have a long way to go to finish it.

Wow, 10 hours long demo? That's nice.

Starting is little slow but picks up as you progress. Story and characters are cool. 

I enjoyed the game a lot and Definitive Edition on GP makes it an easy replay choice. ?

• 4 weeks later...

OpenCritic - 92 average - 98% recommended

• If you've never played a Dragon Quest game before, this is the best introduction to the series you could ask for. If you're a Dragon Quest fan and haven’t played it yet, then you need to get on this. This game made me re-approach how I view not just past Dragon Quest games, but every RPG I play from now on. Dragon Quest XI S is a near unrivaled masterpiece, one I wish I could erase my memory of and re-experience for the first time. Having said that, this second time through has been special in its own way. Going back and playing older Dragon Quest games has only increased my appreciation for it. This final version of the Definitive Edition of one of my favorite RPGs is a great send-off as we await the anticipated release of Dragon Quest XII.
  • It's easy to say a game is amazing because you simply enjoy it. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition on the other hand backs up that statement by providing one of, if not the best JRPG titles of all time. With so much added content and quality of life improvements, it's mind-blowing to me that a game so intricately designed could be made any better. Square Enix proved that no matter how good something is, it can always be better.
  • If you’re anything like me, your first (and only) experience with the Hero comes from playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If the Hero has appealed to you in any way in that game as a Fighter, you owe it to yourself to play Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition. I can’t help but feel like the Switch version of the game would be my preferred choice of platform, simply since I could play the game anywhere, even if for just a few minutes at a time. However, the PlayStation 4 version comes highly recommended if you’re looking to take in the incredible visuals awaiting you in the world of Erdrea.
  • Being a port of the Switch version, the graphic compromises have remained almost unchanged, but this time the title compensates for its artistic shortcomings with a double frame rate, almost zero loading times and a resolution finally in 4k, which consequently guarantees top-notch performance. If we add to these the presence of the superb Japanese dubbing and all the improvements devised last year for the "S" edition, this third version of Dragon Quest XI may not fully embody the concept of "Definitive Edition", but overall it has turned out to be an excellent alternative to the original, especially in case the consumer wants to use it in 4k. At least for Xbox users and Game Pass subscribers there is no valid reason why they should not finally dive into the world of Erdrea and accompany the Shiner on one of the most epic adventures conceived over the last decade.
  • Even if the original version was already one of the best PS4 titles, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition brings enough improvements to become, in fact, the definitive version of the title. This is a mandatory JRPG for fans of the genre and just shows that, regardless of the version, it is a true masterpiece.
  • Dragon Quest XI is the debut of the saga on Xbox, and does so in the best possible way. One of the best JRPGs of the last years arrives to Microsoft consoles with a Definitive Edition that suffers from some graphic problems but is still essential.

:clapping: