Avengers Infinity War Spoiler thread.

WhiteWolf

Saw it today, its a fun watch no doubt and starts with a bang with loki being bumped off even before the opening credits roll. Rdj getting stabbed was shocking but more shocking that he didnt die and healed himself almost immediately. After that sequence i dont think anyone will take the half the guys are dead ending seriously esp when it includes spidey, bp, dr strange etc. even if they dont appear in the sequel i’m sure someone from team avenger will end up with the time stone and fix this mess. 

saw it today to a full pack theater

awesome audience, full whistling, claps and all (your's truly included)

at wakanda, when the huge a*s structures couldn't break the shield, how can these minions simply tear through it? awful thinking 

funny bits were awesome, all giggles n shitz in the theater 

overall, THE MOVIE DELIVERED 

wasn't happy about the ending tho

the ending was pushy...lel, like, it pushed the Second part onto the viewers :P 

post credit scene was also like, WTF did just happen? what was that logo, so many questions, then i came here now and read through all the posts, now i get it, lulz

On 5/4/2018 at 3:57 AM, achilles said:

Oh, man. What a hokey, cliche´ ridden, pandering to all minorities and the oppressed, boy scout-ish, feel good, good-y two shoes, dumbf**k of a film. And it was amazing fun, and the action scenes are just f**king retarded at this point.

My question now is, since they've shown Thanos like this, who could f**king beat him? He is so far beyond anyones' reach either separately or together, that if the reason for his fall doesn't turn out to be amazing, it would be so disappointing. 

What am I thinking? It's Marvel, ofcourse it will be some lame hokey feel good reason so everyone could go home smiling, and the kids could sleep peacefully at night. The brainwashing happens during the day.

Thanos becomes an Avenger :P jelly? :puspa: 

On 04/05/2018 at 10:18 AM, AnK said:

One thing is for sure 

If they don’t make Chris Pratt undo his foolishness & do something big to stop Thanos 

his career is over 

he will be the most unanimously hated MCU hero in history 

his other ventures will flop too

Wow how can people even think such stupidity

trMCIEHVC2ZJbH0sk8tqhc3a8R4wmr6BHyyR658-

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Probably captain marvel defeats him, or plays a major role. She is supposed to be the strongest hero in Marvel universe.

If that happens, it will prove that Marvel is just pandering to women and minorities and are not faithful to storytelling or interested in making a good movie. It will piss me off.

The entire point of having 6 stones/gems is that it makes you a god that can do whatever you want. It makes a person the absolute master of all the domains of the stones. Having the entire set on the infinity gauntlet enhances the gems' power by a lot, on a scale far greater than what a single stone can give. A single mutant/superhero or all the superheroes in existence together is  supposed to be useless.

If that happens, it will prove that Marvel is just pandering to women and minorities and are not faithful to storytelling or interested in making a good movie. It will piss me off.

The entire point of having 6 stones/gems is that it makes you a god that can do whatever you want. It makes a person the absolute master of all the domains of the stones. Having the entire set on the infinity gauntlet enhances the gems' power by a lot, on a scale far greater than what a single stone can give. A single mutant/superhero or all the superheroes in existence together is  supposed to be useless.
by that magnitude of power the mcu is basically done.. do you think they will kill the whole universe and stop making further movies..??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It's not MCU , but Marvel comics that has established Captain Marvel as one of the most powerful heroes. 

29 minutes ago, sobbii said:

by that magnitude of power the mcu is basically done.. do you think they will kill the whole universe and stop making further movies..??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That order of magnitide of power was what the stones had in the comics. Thanos was essentially omnipotent with the 6 stones.The universe still survived. Cannot post spoilers from mobile (how do you get spoiler tags on mobile chrome site)? But be assured that the way Thanos was defeated in comics was very awesome and innovative.

@Playstationdude The same comics also established that superheroes cannot directly go against the 6 infinity stones together, no matter how powerful the hero is or their numbers. Or was that changed in recent issues, much like the new Thor title going a woman and Captain America and Spiderman becoming African-Americans?

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Cannot post spoilers from mobile (how do you get spoiler tags on mobile chrome site)? But be assured that the way Thanos was defeated in comics was very awesome and innovative.

@Playstationdude The same comics also established that superheroes cannot directly go against the 5 infinity stones together, no matter how powerful the hero is or their numbers. Or was that changed in recent issues, much like the new Thor title going a woman and Captain America and Spiderman becoming African-Americans?

I'm just talking about a general power level that was establiahed. 

But I do agree that Marvel comics has gone overboard with their PC bullshit, and the movie industry is indeed fulfilling social justice agendas more than making movies.

Maybe because people are now snowflakes and you have social justice warriors around every corner ready to take up arms. :P

I remember the recent Kingdom come controversy, where SJWs were arguing with the developer over the omission of black people in the game. :rofl:

On 05/05/2018 at 11:26 PM, roun90 said:

Out of 18 or so movies, Marvel hasn't done a single female oriented movie and only one with black lead (which made insane profits), how is that pandering to women and minorities? In fact its shocking that they haven't till now considering two of the most powerful Marvel characters are both females (Capt Marvel and Jean Grey)

44 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Out of 18 or so movies, Marvel hasn't done a single female oriented movie and only one with black lead (which made insane profits), how is that pandering to women and minorities? In fact its shocking that they haven't till now considering two of the most powerful Marvel characters are both females (Capt Marvel and Jean Grey)

Am talking about the comics. Marvel comics have a really heavy pandering to minorities and SJW themes. For example,

Spoiler

They have made the original Captain America (Steve Rogers) lose his power as the serum waned. New Captain America was The Falcon (Sam Wilson). This much is fine. But they also had to go ahead and make it so that Steve Rogers was an undercover HYDRA agent all along, by giving some BS excuse. Regarding, Thor, Nick Fury says something to him, out of the blue and uncalled for, and Thor is so shocked that he loses the ability to lift Mjolnir. No one knows what it is that Nick Fury said. He relinquishes the title of Thor and just goes by Odinsson. The newest person who is worthy of the hammer and the name Thor is his girlfriend.

I don't mind progressive ideals so long as they are done right. Introduce awesome new heroes and have them be of minorities. That's a really good way to go about it. In the examples above, they just spat on old established characters to make way for minorities, which was wrong. The same will be the case if Captain Marvel is able to take on Thanos with all 6 stones. Regarding Thanos,  in the comics

Spoiler

The only one who can defeat Thanos is Thanos himself. No one else, no matter their power or numbers. And if you really want someone to deal the finishing blow, Nebula has a far better claim than anyone else, considering she is his daughter and he tortured her continuously.

Regarding the movies and progressive agendas, Marvel have got it right so far. Scarlet Witch is a female superhero done right. Extremely powerful and able to do things by herself. She also has her own name. I even loved the Black Panther characterization, although I found the movie itself dull and boring. I don't want them to mess up in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

The weirdest thing you will see on the Internet is a brown dude fighting for the right of white men to maintain their status quo of being every f**king where. :lol:

Homie if you were born in 1930 you probably would have been trying to convince the British to stay a while longer. "I dont mind Indian's being able to make their own constitution as long as its done right. Just dont replace old established governments." 

5 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The weirdest thing you will see on the Internet is a brown dude fighting for the right of white men to maintain their status quo of being every f**king where. :lol:

Homie if you were born in 1930 you probably would have been trying to convince the British to stay a while longer. "I dont mind Indian's being able to make their own constitution as long as its done right. Just dont replace old established governments." 

Are you referring to me by any chance? If so, I think I made myself quite clear. I am only interested in good lore and good stories. I don't mind people bringing up whatever progressive agendas they want, so long as it dosen't kill the lore just to satisfy various groups of people.

Otherwise good storytelling will die, as there are always some or the other groups of people who will feel offended.

As I said, I loved Black Panther and Scarlet Witch characters. Scarlet Witch may have been the most troublesome opponent in Age of Ultron (Maybe even more than Ultron himself). And she held herself up very nicely against both Vision in Civil War and Thanos in Infinity War (Although the latter was just toying with everyone). I loved the Wakandan tech and BP character. But the movie was just dull. Cannot say much about Falcon or Black Widow, as they felt more like side characters without much accomplishments.

I don't care about "White Man's Privilege" , "Black Man's Privilege", "Brown Privilege", "Women's Privilege" or any other privilege movement you can think of. I just care for good stories as I love and have loved stories since childhood. And I don't want to see it die in the process of ensuring that absolutely no person has even a minor problem with it (which will never happen, people are too diverse and someone will always get offended).

Also look at the magnitude of the comparison you made with the British Raj example you posted. You are judging people that they would be completely fine with Slavery, Exploitation and Murder IRL based on the form of entertainment they consume. I hope your statement is just a joke. It will be completely inappropriate otherwise.

18 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

this had to be a 2 parter, thanos cant die by just taking the gauntlet off his hand, that would have been a cheap ending

Thanos won't die. At least thats what i think. They shouldn't kill him off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 2:06 PM, dante77 said:

Lets start the favourite Quote discussion. There were tons. I can't think of any one particular so here are some: (was reading comments from IGN facebook page and got the idea)

"New haircut?" - Cap

"I see you've copied my beard" - Thor

"Where is Gamora?" - Quill

"I'll do you better, Who is Gamora?" - Stark

I'll do YOU one better,, Why is Gamora?"  - Drax :lol:

Thor Arrives at wakanda - "You guys are dead now!!!" - Banner

Mantis: " We kick names and take a*s." :lol: Bloody censor censored the word a*s

Stan Lee: "What's the matter, never seen a spacehsip before?"

And last but not least:

Nick Fury: "Motherf..."

Banner being out of the loop and saying,  "There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?! " :lol:

"I'm sorry, earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here." - Stark

Archived