God of War

Big Boss

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

Any news on New Game Plus? Also How to start a new game now? Want to try to play it on the hardest settings?

Just select new game from title menu..

This is f**king insane. First, I am too f**king busy, and have played this game in between travels, and other work stuff, so immersion wasn't great, and I've been under-sleeping just to get enough time to be able to enjoy this game. Then tonight, after a break of a few days, when I'd figured I'd get to spend a good, nice time playing, these fukcing random power cuts are f**king me up. Grrr :ranting::rant: 

I just don't f**king believe it. I can't get time to play, even when I moved the A/V into my room temporarily. FUKC you garib desh and you random f**king power cuts :rant: 

8 minutes ago, achilles said:

This is f**king insane. First, I am too f**king busy, and have played this game in between travels, and other work stuff, so immersion wasn't great, and I've been under-sleeping just to get enough time to be able to enjoy this game. Then tonight, after a break of a few days, when I'd figured I'd get to spend a good, nice time playing, these fukcing random power cuts are f**king me up. Grrr :ranting::rant: 

I just don't f**king believe it. I can't get time to play, even when I moved the A/V into my room temporarily. FUKC you garib desh and you random f**king power cuts :rant: 

Buy a good genset/ inverter. :P

Edited by Playstationdude

1 hour ago, achilles said:

I feel you bro. Power cuts have started here as well. At least 3-4 hrs in the morning and random cuts between 10 mins to a few hours in the evenings. I have an invertor but since I can never know when the power will be back I switch off the PS4, only for the power to be back as soon as i've got it all shut down.

12 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Buy a good genset/ inverter. :P

We do have two heavy duty inverters, but the PS4 loses power between the time it takes for the inverter to provide back-up. This was weird, as no other electronic appliances connected to the inverter exhibit this behaviour, including the fridge, TV, LED lights, STB etc. Hence I had to get a UPS, and that UPS also can't be connected to a supply that is backed up by inverter because the PS4 cuts off in the switch-over time. 

Anyway, these basics shouldn't be required. Will the govt. let me deduct the money I have paid for basic needs like the inverter, batteries, or even a silent generator from my payable taxes? No they f**king won't. Sometimes I feel the rise of power back-up companies puts the govt. at ease, rather that speeding up power delivery efforts. 

11 hours ago, Walker said:

I can never know when the power will be back I switch off the PS4, only for the power to be back as soon as i've got it all shut down.

All the more infuriating. I had to shut down the PS4 three (!) goddamn times yester-night, only for the power to be back 10 mins later. One of those times it was in the middle of a boss fight. Totally kills the vibe. Yeah, if you're going to cut the power, keep a fixed time so I know when this shitfest will go down. 

I really got worked up yesterday because I'd specially kept that time to play the game. 

23 minutes ago, achilles said:

We do have two heavy duty inverters, but the PS4 loses power between the time it takes for the inverter to provide back-up. This was weird, as no other electronic appliances connected to the inverter exhibit this behaviour, including the fridge, TV, LED lights, STB etc. Hence I had to get a UPS, and that UPS also can't be connected to a supply that is backed up by inverter because the PS4 cuts off in the switch-over time. 

Anyway, these basics shouldn't be required. Will the govt. let me deduct the money I have paid for basic needs like the inverter, batteries, or even a silent generator from my payable taxes? No they f**king won't. Sometimes I feel the rise of power back-up companies puts the govt. at ease, rather that speeding up power delivery efforts. 

Try living in Haryana. I stay in a reputed society by Omaxe which has a separate transmission grid and all. Yet the electricity goes out atleast 20-30 times a day. Luckily the society has complete power backup yet it takes time to switchover to genset so it's a pain in the a*s. The row houses across my society hardly get power for 7-8 hours a day. I shudder to think what it's like living in them. 

Shifted from Delhi to Haryana(Faridabad) last year and let me tell you Delhi is a heaven compared to this sh*t.

14 hours ago, achilles said:

Hahaha I can feel your pain

Wow I live in a Tier 2 City without power cuts. If there is going to be any repair, then they send message that power will be out from so and so time. This too happens once in a while. 

I feel like these electricity board ppl keep watching on me and as soon as I start or specially in an interesting point the electricity goes off..  I am scared when ever it's cloudy outside or when there is cool breeze outside coz here these people don't hesitate to cut the light when even a single leaf of tree waves with wind lol 

FINISHED !!!!!!!!

My only rant was I played so much since day 1 launch and then I took a break due to travels, today picked up to find out only less than 2 hrs was left in main campaign after that [emoji854][emoji854] kinda lost the momentum but the ENDING made it up for it !!

Off to spoiler thread now [emoji83]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, achilles said:

Get a Sine Wave inverter, yours are probably square wave, thats why there is no smooth switching when power goes out.

I have a single Sine wave inverter, and I run my PS4 on it all the time, and their is no outage while switching.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed
Typo

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Where exactly are you having these power outage? There is hardly any downtime here in Mumbai. 

/Touches wood. 

Yeah, one of the reasons Mymbai keeps pulling me back. 

5 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Try living in Haryana. 

Shifted from Delhi to Haryana(Faridabad) last year and let me tell you Delhi is a heaven compared to this sh*t.

Yeah, my place, my folks’ place is in Haryana. :lol: 

Though that society’s situation seems grim from what you’ve typed. Rapid progression should have its cost, but basics should be covered always. 

5 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Wow I live in a Tier 2 City without power cuts. If there is going to be any repair, then they send message that power will be out from so and so time. This too happens once in a while. 

That’s why DISCOMS and power should be privatised. We have reliance in Mumbai. Zero problems. 

1 hour ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Get a Sine Wave inverter, yours are probably square wave, thats why their is no smooth switching when power goes out.

I have a single Sine wave inverter, and I run my PS4 on it all the time, and their is no outage while switching.

Will look into that. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

What's a powercut?

Exactly how it should be. 

Edited by achilles

^Now, having said all of that, just completed the main story. I’d give this a solid 8. Honestly, I would’ve probably enjoyed it a lot more if I could’ve played it without breaks but then too, I feel the game is just slightly too long. 

My gripes pretty much remained throughout, with the biggest one being field of view. I don’t like the way I had to rely on external cues, other than enemies’ movements themselves to see what’s going on. 

The UI is kind of a mess. I’m still confused between talismans and enchantments, and what they exactly do. The UI for everything feels like it was designed by android guys from 2011: “Yeah, this works”. 

The HUD is best left switched off. 

The sound effects are superlative. I urge you to play this with a decent speaker set if you can. The light-light-light-heavy axe combo ends with this frost and ice breaking kind of sound which is amazing to hear. Every. Single. Time. Infact I tried making that combo in game just to hear this again and again. Which brings us to the combat: 

Not really great. It was good, but overall the combos and movement left me wanting more. 

The platforming. Oh my god. What a f**king joke. He’s a motherf**king GOD. And yet, you make him pussyfoot around, all hunched over like Drake? That’s just nasty. 

It’s still very fresh, but I can’t think of one, one boss fight that would serve as a memorable experience. Not nearly as much as the colossus in GOW2, or Poseidon and Hades in 3. They went for more cinematic appeal, while reducing the interactive part. 

The credits were very well done. The whole thing of a static screen with rolling credits is so 90’s movies. This was great, and I expect many more games to follow. 

Overall, a solid 8. 

Edit: I have to say. The game is absolutely gorgeous. 

Edited by achilles