God of War

Big Boss

So I'm playing this again, and I can't quite see why, but it feels way more fun than it did the first time I played it. I'm able to grasp the combat a lot better, the story is making sense, the area, map, and flow aren't a blur too. Maybe because I'm doing game+? Or maybe I'm not fighting against time, and am not sleep deprived like I was the first time. 

The camera while in combat is still idiotic, the lock on isn't great, and the RPG elements still make no goddamn sense. But by Zeus the sound, effects, and that atmospheric touch is just awesome. Worthy speakers take this game to a whole new level. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

So I'm playing this again, and I can't quite see why, but it feels way more fun than it did the first time I played it. I'm able to grasp the combat a lot better, the story is making sense, the area, map, and flow aren't a blur too. Maybe because I'm doing game+? Or maybe I'm not fighting against time, and am not sleep deprived like I was the first time. 

The camera while in combat is still idiotic, the lock on isn't great, and the RPG elements still make no goddamn sense. But by Zeus the sound, effects, and that atmospheric touch is just awesome. Worthy speakers take this game to a whole new level. 

Yup.

And the Axe recall never gets old

6 hours ago, achilles said:

It's always like that for all the games you love, you always play fast the first time, as you want to see the story then actually the game play. It's the second time you actually enjoy it way more, I need to do the same for spiderman. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, AtheK said:

It's always like that for all the games you love, you always play fast the first time, as you want to see the story then actually the game play. It's the second time you actually enjoy it way more, 

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I really didn’t like it that much the first time. I guess I was still hungover from the original games and their style. Plus like I mentioned, I wasn’t getting enough time to play. I took more than a month to finish it. 

But this game bro. This game.
I didn’t really want to play it again but I just put it in to see what the new system brings to this quality of game AV ( ;) ). 
The journey has been truly epic. I keep wanting to play more. That did not happen during my first play through. I mean, in the last three days I put in fifteen hours! 

Also big lesson: do not start a game like this if you’re short on time. 

After enjoying each and every god of game and being the all time favourite vidoe game series for me, this game wasn't a pleasant experience and don't think replaying it will give me anything better,

although a friend in the same boat told me a similar thing.

(Except the valkyrie fights, they were amazing)

This bitch Sigrun is making me appreciate the nuances of the combat system. 
Dammit man I’m a god. And she’s whooping my a*s. 

I’m ready to move on from this game now. Besting her will be the perfect send off. 

Also, I think she, and maybe all Valkyries scale up to the level Kratos is. I’m almost level 11 and the moves, combos, and chain attacks she’s making while fighting me aren’t there in videos even at the “give me GOW” difficulty. 

Four hours last evening and I managed to see her purple eyes only twice. I’ll probably have some PTSD by the time I see this through. 

Pray for me lads :p

1 hour ago, achilles said:

This bitch Sigrun is making me appreciate the nuances of the combat system. 
Dammit man I’m a god. And she’s whooping my a*s. 

I’m ready to move on from this game now. Besting her will be the perfect send off. 

Also, I think she, and maybe all Valkyries scale up to the level Kratos is. I’m almost level 11 and the moves, combos, and chain attacks she’s making while fighting me aren’t there in videos even at the “give me GOW” difficulty. 

Four hours last evening and I managed to see her purple eyes only twice. I’ll probably have some PTSD by the time I see this through. 

Pray for me lads :p

I know the feel man. I was in a similar situation and was fighting her in Balance mode. I spent a better part of a day and the previous night finishing her off. I had to try a few combination of runes to see what would work the best. Once she got a few hits in, I was almost as good as dead. She literally wipes a large chuck of your HP and is damn aggressive to boot.

Level 10 or 11 is high though unless you are on hard.

It takes around 10 or 12 tries at level 7 on normal without the resurrection stone.

Hard mode wouldn't be very bad at level 10 or 11 but I never reached level 8 before her, so don't know.

On easy like this one, it's mostly the second try (just spam your runic attacks)

Edited by GunnerY2J

Okay, so it’s NG+ Sigrun that can’t keep calm. I’ve figured every move except one where she launches off like her a*s was shooting burnt jet fuel and stomps on Kratos, which would be fine if she’d do it once, or twice. She does that sh*t five times. Five goddamn stomps in one move. What’s more, she launches very randomly, chaining that move after any move before that. The stab, the scythe, the fire balls, the  ice crystals, the winged sweep, whatever. 
I haven’t been able to figure the dodge timing for these stomps. And they lose me the match. 

Five stomps. Ugh. 
But then I equipped the witch time Talisman. Just a few tries with that talisman so far but I think I’ll have bested her by tonight. 
Hopefully. 

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Okay, so it’s NG+ Sigrun that can’t keep calm. I’ve figured every move except one where she launches off like her a*s was shooting burnt jet fuel and stomps on Kratos, which would be fine if she’d do it once, or twice. She does that sh*t five times. Five goddamn stomps in one move. What’s more, she launches very randomly, chaining that move after any move before that. The stab, the scythe, the fire balls, the  ice crystals, the winged sweep, whatever. 
I haven’t been able to figure the dodge timing for these stomps. And they lose me the match. 

Five stomps. Ugh. 
But then I equipped the witch time Talisman. Just a few tries with that talisman so far but I think I’ll have bested her by tonight. 
Hopefully. 

Good luck bro.

I couldn't beat even 2 valkyies  :P

YASSSSS. BRO. I MURDERED THAT BISH. OH MAN. OH, MAN. 

Finally, I just started using my normal attacks, instead of waiting to use Runics all the time. I got engrossed, kept waiting, kept hitting. I got really close a couple of times but jumped the gun. 

Nevermind, and never better. 

Wow. 

Part of the reason this moment got personal for me was because I started doubting myself, on whether I was still the gamer who could do the difficult stuff, or were those days behind me. 

Well *beep* you Sigrun. Imma have a replica helmet made and hang it over in my den. Mwahahahaha. 

And with that, bye for now God Of War. Waiting for the next one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, achilles said:

YASSSSS. BRO. I MURDERED THAT BISH. OH MAN. OH, MAN. 

Finally, I just started using my normal attacks, instead of waiting to use Runics all the time. I got engrossed, kept waiting, kept hitting. I got really close a couple of times but jumped the gun. 

Nevermind, and never better. 

Wow. 

Part of the reason this moment got personal for me was because I started doubting myself, on whether I was still the gamer who could do the difficult stuff, or were those days behind me. 

Well *beep* you Sigrun. Imma have a replica helmet made and hang it over in my den. Mwahahahaha. 

And with that, bye for now God Of War. Waiting for the next one. 

:good:

Now I feel like playing it again too. When I played it, quickly lost interest in doing the side content, once the main campaign ended.

16 hours ago, Bauji said:

:good:

Now I feel like playing it again too. When I played it, quickly lost interest in doing the side content, once the main campaign ended.

Doing side content actually made me hate the game a little bit. The main story missions have tight pacing and action sequences. All the slower interactive elements with excessive animations like rowing in boat, for climbing, opening/closing doors, teleportation etc smoothly blends into action in gameplay. But when you do side missions post game all these interactive elements seem like a chore repenting same slow animations again and again. Moving around the map is also a bit cumbersome. There’s not much variety in the side missions, the puzzles and collectibles aren’t that fun either. Only Valkyrie fights are top notch. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KyoyaHibari said:

Doing side content actually made me hate the game a little bit. But when you do side missions post game all these interactive elements seem like a chore repenting same slow animations again and again.

Yup, when I was playing through the main campaign I was planning to try to get my first ever plat. Dropped the game when it asked me to kill 100 enemies in one of the Muspelheim trials.

13 hours ago, KyoyaHibari said:

Only Valkyrie fights are top notch

+1. But sadly can't do it without grinding through Muspelheim and that foggy realm with puzzles.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:16 PM, KyoyaHibari said:

Doing side content actually made me hate the game a little bit. The main story missions have tight pacing and action sequences. All the slower interactive elements with excessive animations like rowing in boat, for climbing, opening/closing doors, teleportation etc smoothly blends into action in gameplay. But when you do side missions post game all these interactive elements seem like a chore repenting same slow animations again and again. Moving around the map is also a bit cumbersome. There’s not much variety in the side missions, the puzzles and collectibles aren’t that fun either. Only Valkyrie fights are top notch. 

Yep. Couldnt agree more.

• 1 month later...