God of War

Big Boss

I've been playing since yesterday. Put almost 6 hours. Amazing game, then again not surprised, it was meant to be.

I am playing on balanced mode. And I have selected "Favor resolution" on pro. How about you guys?

45 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

New 1.12 update is out

And Finally it lets you change the text size :) 

Thanks for the tip. I wanted to increase the text size badly.

Funny my PS4 hasn't updated to 1.12 & only to 1.11

14 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

Yep. That's one bunch but I won't be surprised to see some dyed-in-wool fans wish it was the same emo character and the same emo drama (which turned me off completely).

Never played previous GOW games before picking up the remastered one for PS4 and personally I hated the fixed camera and the unnecessarily over the top stoic vibe the game had. It was just trying to be brutal at every thing redundantly.

34 minutes ago, hope said:

The people who haven't played the game right now and haven't seen the Reviews.

I would say even after playing the new one, a minority would still like the older games for a some good and valid reasons.Similar to how a minority prefers the older Tomb Raider games(especially those PS1 ones) over the new ones.You just need a wait a few weeks or so until people are brave to admit they liked the older GoW games because if they said it now they might get sh*t on(similar to ROTR).

52 minutes ago, adity said:

I guess the demographic was different for the previous games. I was 15 when I played those and loved every part of those games. Angry dude beating the sh*t out of everyone for no reason at all f**king up literal gods with unnecessary tits thrown into the mix. 

I genuinely loved the story of those games and even Kratos. 

Now? Not so much. 

The demographic is not different. The fans grew up. 

Ascension clearly showed the same formula is tired. 

Edited by Vip3r

8 hours ago, Clenched_Balls said:

The game hasn't been completely launched in India yet, since LE and CE are on hold. So, you can expect more than a few to not have played the game just yet. So, it's better to keep the thread spoiler free until atleast a week after the limited and collector's editions come out. Then, what you just said could fit in the frame :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

This

Please guys wait for the other guys to get the LE/CE :P

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

I would say even after playing the new one, a minority would still like the older games for a some good and valid reasons.Similar to how a minority prefers the older Tomb Raider games(especially those PS1 ones) over the new ones.You just need a wait a few weeks or so until people are brave to admit they liked the older GoW games because if they said it now they might get sh*t on(similar to ROTR).

But unlike the TR reboot which became a dumbed down uncharted wannabe (which I personally didn't mind much TBH), this one still very much feels like a GoW game even with all its changes. They've retained the essence.

I could be wrong but I actually think the vast majority of fans will still love this.

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I didn't notice it much with Horizon but my Pro spins up so fast that it seems like it wants to leave the Earth, everytime I play GOW.

Yeah, mine sounds like a plane about to take off. Oddly, it does this more in the main menu than during actual gameplay.

22 minutes ago, AnK said:

Comparing to old GoW is not right 

it’s like comparing old side scroller Mario to the Wii Mario 

that era saw its time & grew old 

this day & age those games can’t make an impact 

even if you talk about Uncharted....if the next one is rince repeat formula 

even that will look stale 

I think Cory did the best possible thing to the franchise for this day & Age 

Mixing Souls & Tlou under the same GoW progression design 

This was the best possible way to go 

& it shows on the Critic tally 

spot on,  idiots would compare the two games, The story that game wanted to tell(And for a reason), it did and ended. Ascencsion was fan service and not required.

I have played this game for an hour, and i still fnd the core of the game very close to the old one, Kratos and Pandora, anyone...Every formula gets stale, you either reinvent or perish trying, UC4, ahem ahem.

If anything the devs should be applauded, and if the old fanboys don't like it, they can stick to the previous 6 games. No one will blame them, and they don't deserve a simialr game after ascension.

Edited by AtheK

49 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

But unlike the TR reboot which became a dumbed down uncharted wannabe (which I personally didn't mind much TBH), this one still very much feels like a GoW game even with all its changes. They've retained the essence.

I could be wrong but I actually think the vast majority of fans will still love this.

Yeah, mine sounds like a plane about to take off. Oddly, it does this more in the main menu than during actual gameplay.

Same with me, I went through entire 2 hrs, it was relatively quite, then I stated to change screen calibration a bit and it reved up.

Edited by kunjanp

2 hours ago, slackerninja said:

Yeah mine's a bloody jet engine. Sony's aware of the situation and has asked me when it happens in-game. Have replied to them but I'm not expecting a solution any time soon.

Yep. This pretty much. Reminds of a conversation I had with someone the day before reviews hit:

Him: What do you think of the new God of War?
Me: It's bloody epic. But...

Him: What?
Me: Fanboys are going to be divided on this because they usually hate change.

It's pretty arbitrary for me, like I played the game for continuous 2hrs and it was relatively quiet but on the screen where HDR calibration is available, it accelerated and decelerated in such a small span of time that I was sure it was gonna go dead.

Edited by kunjanp

People got tired of the old formula. You can't continue to make same game again and again with the same formula, especially if the formula itself is pretty repetitive. While i haven't played the new game yet, i can only assume that this one is better looling at the reception and how average the old games were.

Edited by Sach4life

4 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

No. The new Tomb Raider is 100% Uncharted Wannabe. The criticism is deserved. They have changed the core of the game.

With this game going in the opposite direction still retains the old gow vibe. Kratos is Kratos here 100%. Gow is gow here. 

I don't think its possible to critique this game below 9. It would be a click bait only.

Getting the feels of GoW,RE4,MGS3,UC2,Tlou when I played them for the first time 

it’s an entirely new & fresh take on the genre that it belongs to 
keep playing man.. just keep playing and dont let anything or anyone spoil it for you..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk