God of War

Big Boss

On 4/22/2018 at 2:33 AM, slackerninja said:

Krados is banned for a week for his inability to read and excessive salt. The reason for removing his initial post was explained to him in depth so his shitposting is unwarranted.

Quoting you on CC's post was sh*tty indeed. But what I'm most disappointed for is to argue over a stupid post...its so in-your-teens-behavior(no matter, what I think about that moderation). Would have definitely gifted myself perma-ban in that state of L3+R3, without the ban.

Regarding the game, just cant get enough of it. One of the best games I've ever played.So much content packed into the game. Between this, Infinity Wars and finally Game of Thrones, last two weekends were pure bliss. 

Bought the book and the book is quite good too -

1JjhfDK.jpg

• Like 1

Alright kids, relaxed spoiler rules as per the OP are into effect. The last couple of weeks were...amusing to say the least. For the rest of you, cya in the spoiler thread.

tumblr_oyv611sbJz1wqlzh2o2_500.gif

i say dont relax it for another week..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay, not super thrilled about the combat so far. The field of view is too small, or rather, the camera is too up close to Kratos for this to be a good action, or hack and slash game. The dodge normally doesn't offer a better perspective. I guess that's why they had to implement the arrows showing attack direction? I liked the fluidity and the combo magic of earlier games in arena style combat. Kratos has become kind of slow, and heavy. Doesn't help that I played a bit of Bayonetta 2 right before I started this. 

What I do like are the deathly sound effects, specially with the heavy attack, and when the axe is commanded back. Goddamn. 

Other than that, I had to put the controller down for food. That's all for tonight folks. More tomorrow. 

Edit: The controls need work too. One, I've switched to the classic square and triangle and that feels much better to use frequently. Two, I want the axe return command to be the same button while aiming. It'd be so much more convenient to throw the axe and bring it back with the same button, just while aiming with L2. 

Edited by achilles

ZK2lVzL.gif

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Two, I want the axe return command to be the same button while aiming. It'd be so much more convenient to throw the axe and bring it back with the same button, just while aiming with L2. 

You can, its one of the skills. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

That's a weird thing to keep being a skill tree. 

How else will you get the joy of unlocking stuff :P

Lots of basic stuff is in the skill tree, like parry, basic combos and finishers. But you'll start unlocking it pretty quickly.