God of War

Big Boss

1 hour ago, hope said:

Better extend till a week more. We want to discuss everything in this thread. We can wait for others to finish :P

Even if it is extended till next week or month, we will not be discussing story spoilers and plot twists here. That's what the spoiler thread is for.

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

@slackerninja I also second the request to extend the spoiler bans. Many of us have received the game just 2 days ago, and have not had much time to play it yet. And there is a dedicated spoiler thread for discussing spoilers. Many thanks for considering this request.

i pretty  much avoided this and the other thraed as much as possible, finish the game and come back, anyway nothing useful will be posted here.

I have no idea where or how far I am in the game but I can already see I'm going to be doing a lot of exploring once I'm finished with the story. I've explored so much  but there seems to be so much more exploring to do.

Is this the best God Of War? 

I'll throw caution to the wind since I'm not done yet and say "Heck yes"

Anyway see you guys in a week. Should be done with the story by then.

I just can't seem to enjoy the combat. Maybe I'm going into areas that my level isn't suited for (is that even possible here?), but the camera just doesn't cut it for combat. Only big areas with enemies right in front kind of work. I spent three minutes yesterday trying to figure out where the fire projectile was coming from, and it was coming from on top of a boulder around the "arena". This is irritating. As Kratos, the God of FUKING WAR, I want to be able to fukc motherf**kers up like it was no one's business. Multiple enemies are just annoying at this point. I can take a single troll out no problem, but when there are these 

Spoiler

flying around things, and the lizard things who bore, and the disappear-rers who cast a spell on these other regular dudes in one small space together,

and I can only see Kratos in the frame, it becomes terribly annoying. As an example,

Spoiler

the soul-eater

wasn't difficult at all, because I could place the guy, and his position was obvious all the time. But even with three regular enemies, I mentally prepare for a tough time. It just isn't working for me. Grrrr..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, achilles said:

I just can't seem to enjoy the combat. Maybe I'm going into areas that my level isn't suited for (is that even possible here?), but the camera just doesn't cut it for combat. Only big areas with enemies right in front kind of work. I spent three minutes yesterday trying to figure out where the fire projectile was coming from, and it was coming from on top of a boulder around the "arena". This is irritating. As Kratos, the God of FUKING WAR, I want to be able to fukc motherf**kers up like it was no one's business. Multiple enemies are just annoying at this point. I can take a single troll out no problem, but when there are these 

Hide contents

flying around things, and the lizard things who bore, and the disappear-rers who cast a spell on these other regular dudes in one small space together,

and I can only see Kratos in the frame, it becomes terribly annoying. As an example,

Hide contents

the soul-eater

wasn't difficult at all, because I could place the guy, and his position was obvious all the time. But even with three regular enemies, I mentally prepare for a tough time. It just isn't working for me. Grrrr..

Lower the difficulty or Understand the combat. Use everything you got.

Best Tip i can give is Use Atreus all the time. Listen to Atreus. He points from where enemies are coming  when you are in danger.

See the indicators on screen, it shows at what attack stage enemies are. Color changes as per attack and distance.

You can even use Axe as a ranged weapon untill you have found out the enemy attacks or can play the game like that entirely. There are so many options in combat. 

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

the soul-eater

Its nothing mate, ur just old :P

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

the soul-eater

Switch off the threat indicators and listen to Atreus warn you about where the attacks are coming from. I switched off the HUD completely a third of the way through the game and my combat improved so much. You're forced to pay attention to Atreus and enemy placements. I'm so much more aware of where the enemies are and where the attacks are coming

from.

For the spoilered enemies, you should take care of with ranged axe attacks and Atreus. Create space from the more slower enemies and take down these pesky ones first. Atreus will warn you if someone is about to attack you from off screen.

Also, the game looks so good without any HUD elements, no Kratos or enemy health bars, no noisy threat indicators. Been playing on hard and really enjoying the combat.

7 hours ago, achilles said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

the soul-eater

Facing the same issue. Idk why. :(

i thought it it was just me who’s having hard time in killing enemies in this Gow. It just it feels so tough  to evade, counter, check where the

spells coming from

the camera angle during combat 

specially when your aim is locked I meant when you press R3  I find it difficult to move and evade. Quick turn doesn’t help either. It’s just I  can’t focus on one enemy while  killing him. Those fireball (or whatever it’s called) throwers are so annoying coz of that reason.  

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Do not lower the difficulty as the combat was more fun at give me a challenge. Minor combat spoilers for the ones finding the game to be difficult.

I felt the enemies were brutal in the first quarter of the game because of the lack of skills for Kratos. Always remember to Dodge the projectiles and unblockable attacks, Block/Parry the attacks that you can. Keep an eye out for the three three threat indicators(White, Yellow and Red) and react appropriately. Upgrade Atreus' skill tree as much as possible as he can keep many enemies busy while you take care of the enemy that needs to die first. Keep an eye out for enemy levels and their health bar color. If they are two/three level above Kratos' level - backout and visit the area after you gain few levels. You can do the sidequests/favor in any order and they are available even after finishing the story. Try completing as many sidequests as possible as they reward you with good loot/XP. 

Do not hesitate to spend all the XP and HackSilver as you earn a sh*t ton by the time you reach the final third of the game

Edited by Keano

Facing the same issue. Idk why. [emoji20]

i thought it it was just me who’s having hard time in killing enemies in this Gow. It just it feels so tough  to evade, counter, check where the
  spells coming from

the camera angle during combat 
  specially when your aim is locked I meant when you press R3  I find it difficult to move and evade. Quick turn doesn’t help either. It’s just I  can’t focus on one enemy while  killing him. Those fireball (or whatever it’s called) throwers are so annoying coz of that reason.  

stop playing it like old god of wars use your shields parry attacks.. will make the combat much more fun..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We are continuing to investigate an issue where selecting the “New Game” option from the main menu without closing down the application first may result in missing dialogue and possible progression blockers. To avoid this in the meantime, please close down the application before starting a new playthrough.

???

Edited by VelivolusDas