God of War

Big Boss

16 hours ago, AtheK said:

Its nothing mate, ur just old :P

I will melt your face :chair: 

19 hours ago, hope said:

Best Tip i can give is Use Atreus all the time. Listen to Atreus. He points from where enemies are coming  when you are in danger.

15 hours ago, Gautam said:

Switch off the threat indicators and listen to Atreus warn you about where the attacks are coming from.

Yeah, that's the thing. I was taking it too literally where I wouldn't want my kid to be in harm's way, and try and keep him away, and never use him. I will try and get used to this way, of using Atreus as an equal, but that still doesn't improve the camera issues. 

I guess I'm having a hard time letting go of how satisfying it was to murder and destroy in the old games. This GOW plays completely different, and so far, it's not as, for a lack of a better word, fulfilling. If Kratos moved slightly faster in combat, and the camera was panned out, it would've worked. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. 

I switched off the HUD completely a third of the way through the game and my combat improved so much. You're forced to pay attention to Atreus and enemy placements. I'm so much more aware of where the enemies are and where the attacks are coming from.

I switched it off right around the first boss fight, but then I thought I might miss something important, or some game elements which I was sure would be revealed, but I'm going to switch it back off now. It does play a lot more immersive that way. 

9 hours ago, sobbii said:

stop playing it like old god of wars

Yeah, but it's GOW. It's been a part of us growing up. It's hard to let go :P

31 minutes ago, waveking said:

Every time Kratos opens his mouth I burst out laughing, sounds so flat and dumb I thought something was wrong with my headphones. 

Definitely not seeing the 10/10s so far but I am super early so maybe it will become much more enjoyable later on. Or maybe its just another overrated ps4 exclusive like UC4 and Horizon. 

aNvHuj8GilvW1SHxmjhwmW6DgTdMtHJMrY5hrkCe

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It's better than UC4 and Horizon trash combined. Keep playing.  

UC4 and Horizon are trash? I can understand someone calling them overrated (every single highly rated game is overrated for someone) but how are they trash? 

3 hours ago, waveking said:

Every time Kratos opens his mouth I burst out laughing, sounds so flat and dumb I thought something was wrong with my headphones. 

Definitely not seeing the 10/10s so far but I am super early so maybe it will become much more enjoyable later on. Or maybe its just another overrated ps4 exclusive like UC4 and Horizon. 

Its still better listening to Xbox one turn on chime. 

• Haha 1

Completed : God of War

Kratos, who still feels like Kratos only wiser and more characterized is back after a long exile to be found in unknown lands: a Norse setting, a world he doesn't understand.

The focused narrative storytelling has been given up for a personal cinematic saga which I am not a big fan of and it did hurt my experience in the first quarter.

None the less, the story of a father and son capturing all their emotions and the development their relationship goes through in the 20 hour long journey with the right pacing, past references, the same twists and turns and moments of brilliance is still interesting and sets up the future games very well.

Understandably, a fresh approach was needed on the combat front.

The Leviathan Axe does the job to change it for a more slow strategic system along with a closer camera, helped with on-screen visual warnings as well as Artreus's calls of the direction of incoming attacks.

The ranged throw and recall attack which works amazingly well is arguably the most satisfying projectile attack in the genre but it can't be the main focus in a hack and slash game or should I still call it one ?

An action rpg would be more suitable and a good one at that with more focus on combat than stats.

Combos which are still fluid lack variety and somewhat make up for it with its depth, the inclusion of Artreus although refreshing feels underutilized and parrying is sweet.

The final blow causing demolition of the enemy is still present as scripted moves but without the quick time events reducing the sense of conquest which didn't make sense at all.

The game showcases Kratos's godly nature by continuing its tradition of epic main boss battles. Although heavily short on number are still fast in spite of the slower combat system.

Shift from the linear yet gripping level design to a beautiful wild open world on par with the top open world games with graphics that show the pinnacle of gaming draws one in eventually but not enough to explore beyond the main campaign.

The world can't transfer it's quality to the puzzles, an essential element in the God of War formula which individually have been more thoughtful than ever but lack the wholeness of gigantic mechanisms being unlocked slowly part by part or the new treasure puzzles which felt more like chores.

The question was : How do you better an already flawless classic video game experience?

This game could be a close answer :

Expanding, modernizing as a game borrowing a lot from the likes of The Last of Us,Souls series and at the same time respecting its roots, an improvement over a range of segments from the Original God of War formula and even if a considerable amount of these are in parts which aren't my first priority or what God of War had been known for,the game does stand out in a way.

An overall better game? Yes.

A better God of War game uh,No!

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[mention=21544]GunnerY2J[/mention] You didn't give a score.
Hate giving scores, some game might give a better experience but have a lesser score.draws a lot of comparisons. This was more of my experience than a review.
Still to give it a score : 9 as an overall game having no prior expectations
As a God of War game maybe 8
So a combined 8.5 ..what do you think about the game?

9 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hate giving scores, some game might give a better experience but have a lesser score.draws a lot of comparisons. This was more of my experience than a review.
Still to give it a score : 9 as an overall game having no prior expectations
As a God of War game maybe 8
So a combined 8.5 ..what do you think about the game?

Well i didn't like it at all. I would give it a 7-7.5 maybe and i am being generous here.

Biggest let down for me was the Combat. It didn't lack depth,you have so many options at your disposal but i missed the fluid blade square square triangle type combat. Without bothering about upgrades i could just breeze past the game. Axe is slow and boring :yawn:

I didn't like the story as well. Whole father son bond was executed perfectly but i prefer the no holds barred approach of previous games. 

I didn't like graphics as well. Its the best looking game ever but i miss the old greek dark world. There is too much colour here. Yes,my favourite film is Black also.

Overall its a servicble game which nails every aspect of gaming but nai mujhe toh nahi jama bhai.

Hope Sequel is Better :)

Edited by hope

Well i didn't like it at all. I would give it a 7-7.5 maybe and i am being generous here.

Biggest let down for me was the Combat. It didn't lack depth,you have so many options at your disposal but i missed the fluid blade square square triangle type combat. Without bothering about upgrades i could just breeze past the game. Axe is slow and boring :yawn:

I didn't like the story as well. Whole father son bond was executed perfectly but i prefer the no holds barred approach of previous games. 

I didn't like graphics as well. Its the best looking game ever but i miss the old greek dark world. There is too much colour here. Yes,my favourite film is Black also.

Overall its a servicble game which nails every aspect of gaming but nai mujhe toh nahi jama bhai.

Hope Sequel is Better [emoji4]

Yes, completely understand you, but the combat had to be changed, it had to be..I did platinum chains of Olympus again recently and it seemed a change was definitely needed.
Surely can't replace the chains but the axe was satisfying in the end.
I didn't purchase any Armour ,or upgraded runics and demolished the final boss although I was playing only on normal.
Graphics and puzzles reminded me of prince of Persia forgotten Sands style.
can't fault out the game really but experience was shallow compared to God of war 1 which I consider to be the benchmark for all God of war games.
I do think most people aren't enjoying it as much but are influenced by the 10/10 scores.

14 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, completely understand you, but the combat had to be changed, it had to be..I did platinum chains of Olympus again recently and it seemed a change was definitely needed.
Surely can't replace the chains but the axe was satisfying in the end.
I didn't purchase any Armour ,or upgraded runics and demolished the final boss although I was playing only on normal.
Graphics and puzzles reminded me of prince of Persia forgotten Sands style.
can't fault out the game really but experience was shallow compared to God of war 1 which I consider to be the benchmark for all God of war games.
I do think most people aren't enjoying it as much but are influenced by the 10/10 scores.

You didn't upgrade at all? :ko:

How gow3 was colorful? It was only red and black? Are you referring to pits of tartarus? 

Edited by hope