God of War

Big Boss

1 hour ago, rAgHaV said:

Just finished the main story. Only game that tops witcher 3 for me. f**king breathtaking vision, best series revival ever. 2 more games are so gonna happen. Love the ending. Only Valkyrie stuff left, rest have been doing side missions as they popped up. Will try to mop everything up after a day or so otherwise maybe I'll revisit it post gow ps5 announcement. :P

But why haven't they announced any new one yet. It's been 2 yrs now. Also just checked no DLC ever got released for this game. Was it intentional or some cancellation sh*t happened? 

Did you go back to the house after the ending?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Did you go back to the house after the ending?

Just did. Holy sh*t. :panic:Guess everyone must have missed it initially  Perfect build up for the sequel. Haha can't wait. 

Also just couldn't resist. Played for 8 to 10hrs today. My longest gaming session in like 4yrs, after story did all Valkyries and Challenges. Now have all the trophies except the collectibles ones. Those I would do 2 to 3yrs later just how I did them for uc4. :P

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, AnK said:

It was a very fresh attempt at something new 

so obviously it did come with its problems 

so reviewers just decided to ignore it all together 

as if it’s not part of the package 

Sam revieved it at 7 without considering MP.

Ascension was a very good game but it just didnt match GOW3.

The Snake train was epic :panic:

Ascension had really fun gameplay, I loved the changes but thing was that it became really hard to connect with the story since GOW3 was so so epic.

Heck, even GOW ps4 ain’t got sh*t on GOW3 boss battles, obviously I wasn’t expecting any major battles too since this game can only be compared with original ps2 gow1 and it delivered on every level imaginable.

Now GOW 2 Boss battles will define the series. They should make it PS5 exclusive that way they won’t be restricted by PS4/Pro non sense :P 

Edited by rAgHaV

Ascension wasn't fresh at anything in campaign, a bad god of war game but still a top quality game : a very high bar set by the other parts.

Combat wasn't as fluid with a slight delay in response time of block and also a tad defensive than other parts, parry was also different.

Even the most basic God of war combos were only available in rage mode.

They added side weapons - no other main weapons and not a single one of them was fun or effective.

Only the end game boss battles were too quality and story catched up as well at the end.

My favourite is the first part.

Bought this game on the discount sale that ended last week.  Played the previous games in the series and the new Viking setting seems like a welcome change. In chapter 2 now, but, is it just me or have they amped up the difficulty compared to the previous games ? Axe still getting used to, miss the blades of chaos badly though.  Crowd control is not that easy especially when the game keeps throwing waves of enemies at you.... and the axe can only do so much damage ! 

The troll boss fight was disappointing, stranger was ok.  But I guess nothing could top the intro boss fight of gow3.  

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Bought this game on the discount sale that ended last week.  Played the previous games in the series and the new Viking setting seems like a welcome change. In chapter 2 now, but, is it just me or have they amped up the difficulty compared to the previous games ? Axe still getting used to, miss the blades of chaos badly though.  Crowd control is not that easy especially when the game keeps throwing waves of enemies at you.... and the axe can only do so much damage ! 

The troll boss fight was disappointing, stranger was ok.  But I guess nothing could top the intro boss fight of gow3.  

Yeah, nothing would beat the intro for GOW3. The Axe would take some time getting used to but after a while, you will really really appreciate it once you open up various moves.

Use the boy's arrows for crowd control as well

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

The game is harder because you don't have all the movesets at the beginning. Once you unlock all the sh*t (and there's a lot to unlock), on NG+ run even harder difficulty becomes a cakewalk.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Boss fights are not good in this game. Otherwise nice game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

The troll is not a boss but a mini boss fight like the cyclops or medusa from the old games. There are some decent boss fights esp If you take on all the Valkyries but you're still not enemies with the gods yet so there aren't many big ticket fights like GOW 2/3

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The troll is not a boss but a mini boss fight like the cyclops or medusa from the old games. There are some decent boss fights esp If you take on all the Valkyries but you're still not enemies with the gods yet so there aren't many big ticket fights like GOW 2/3

Cory removed many boss fights from first game purposely. Expect plethora of them in the 2nd game. 

GOW 3 opening :majesty::majesty: 

1 hour ago, hope said:

Cory removed many boss fights from first game purposely. Expect plethora of them in the 2nd game. 

GOW 3 opening :majesty::majesty: 

Can you please give us some more inside scoops after your last zoom call with Cory. 

14 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Ya the intro boss of gow 3 is untouchable, but just play on, you will keep Falling in love with the game, the ace is an amazing weapon, and that sound of returning of axe. 

I can do it all day.....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AtheK said:

OK I thought you got another one recently after 2 years :p

Actually i have very recently. But due to Sony's strict policies, i cant reveal much at the moment.

• Haha 1

Valkyries were the best fights in the game. They were fast, intense and had so many different moves to learn, counter, defend, dodge. For me, the best fight was with Sigrun. She was my ultimate boss in this game for me. 

Campaign boss fights included disguised QTEs which made it look childlike hence, for me due to campaign boss fights made it not at par even though it had appreciable combat moves as compared to Valkyries. But, as Valkyries is way beyond nichè.

Even though the boss fights in this don't quite match the ones in GOW3 in scale, I thought this was a much better game overall.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I personally think GOW3 is the weakest of the mainline GOW games.

For me,

GOW 2018 = GOW 2 > GOW 1 > GOW 3