God of War

Big Boss

I did the favours for the Dwarf bros and two favours for the spirits, now i'm swimming in XP and unlocked most of the axe and shield/barehanded abilities.

Combat is much more fun now :D

Also thank god for them giving the [ B O I ] the runic attacks

The BOI is 10/10, he randomly chokes guys with this bowstring, then i do the cleave move on them :rofl:

I wish his AI was aggressive in shooting arrows but.

I have to manually command him to shoot specific dudes to get them away from me

The Hraezler Dragon boss fight reminded me of the old GoW set pieces, and this Magical Chisel drop the Hammer part too.

Off to fight Magni & Modi now, Kratos looks like an absolute boss now with the Tyr set. :D

I'm in that thamur's corpse level, and the past chapter (inside the mountain, summit etc) has been nothing short of spectacular .... also, that dragon fight was perhaps the first decent boss fight thus far.  Truly matches the scale that we've come to expect from this series.  I'm a sucker for games having good lore, and with the talking head, the game has really got my attention now (played for the past 3-4 hours at a stretch, breaking only for lunch :P )

Edited by Ne0

Just got back from Helheim from the second time, completed the dwarven favors questline , freed all dragons. :D

It feels so good having blades of Chaos again :wub:

wonder why couldn't they give the axe also such simple and effective combos from the start 

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I'm in that thamur's corpse level, and the past chapter (inside the mountain, summit etc) has been nothing short of spectacular .... also, that dragon fight was perhaps the first decent boss fight thus far.  Truly matches the scale that we've come to expect from this series.  I'm a sucker for games having good lore, and with the talking head, the game has really got my attention now (played for the past 3-4 hours at a stretch, breaking only for lunch :P )

More such moments in main story, also just some time after this magic chisel questline you will unlock blades of chaos :devil:

It has all of the glorious combos from the past games right off the bat, and some of the others now come in the form of skills and runic attacks.

Because of it's faster attack speed it is very good against those enemies with clubs and unblockable attacks and also trolls.

The axe tho  has better runic attacks + you feel like infinity war Thor throwing the axe.

Just finished the main story/journey :majesty:

Nice to see Kratos is finally a normal guy now, mostly.

Now off to kill the Valkyries, Musphellheim and Niflheim already killed 5 Valkyries till now.

They should have made valkyries the story minibosses, they provide a nice challenge compared to lol trolls and those gorilla like enemies.

Just killed the Valkyrie Gondul.

So easy :rofl:

Meanwhile i was struggling against the previous 5.

I mean seriously the kill 100 enemies challenge was harder because they spawn so slowly :rofl:

fully upgraded the Blades of Chaos tho :devil:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Niflheim and Musphelheim Gold trophies done, 8 valkyries killed, now onto Sigrun :nerves:

Ho jao ready... She is the toughest boss of the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Guys, easy on the spoilers pls, some of us are still playing the game !

Anyway, the game looks gorgeous on a 50" TV,  the summit looks so fantastic on a large TV, i think the game deserves to be played on a TV and not on a monitor.  Also, what is up with the backtracking, makes an otherwise really awesome game so repetitive, I think this is the third time

I'm climbing up the summit

:doh:

10 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

^^ Guys, easy on the spoilers pls, some of us are still playing the game !

Anyway, the game looks gorgeous on a 50" TV,  the summit looks so fantastic on a large TV, i think the game deserves to be played on a TV and not on a monitor.  Also, what is up with the backtracking, makes an otherwise really awesome game so repetitive, I think this is the third time

Hide contents

I'm climbing up the summit

:doh:

It's all optional content, nothing story related.

backtracking is because they have transformed the game into open-world action RPG.

30 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's all optional content, nothing story related.

backtracking is because they have transformed the game into open-world action RPG.

Not sure if we can call it open world when the areas are so small.   If I've to compare,  I think the quest structure is kind of like soulsborne games (limited open areas), without the shortcut unlock.   But having to go through the same path again and again , just facing a different kind of enemy kinda distracts from an otherwise awesome game.  

Also, I love the puzzles in this game, as compared to the previous ones.  The first god of war had the best puzzles, but at times it was a bit trying to figure it out on your own (especially since it came in the pre-broadband era).  Here the puzzles are not too difficult but not so straightforward either, strikes the right balance.

Edited by Ne0

9 hours ago, hope said:

Woah never saw this. This is gold

Also interesting theory here

Hide contents

Janab you realize that.

Spoiler

Kratos dies all the time right? probably this time will burn all of Hel and bust right out :rofl:

You literally can't keep the guy dead, he's almost comic book superhero in terms on un-killability

Cory Barlog can't try the same stunts that a certain other studio has :lol:

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah when his own mythology got canned, he f**ked off to an entirely different mythology. Dude is more resilient than God. 

He canned his own mythology lmao :rofl:

All this because Ares and later Zoos just had to be assholes.

So, just when the

bridge to jotunheim opens up, kratos and artreus are sent back "again" to helfeim, only to "again" find their way back to the summit.  All kratos seems to do is to climb the summit, get down, repeat !

.... the preceding cut scenes were awesome, but the backtracking is really putting me off.  Also, didn't know baldur was a character from norse mythology !

Edited by Ne0