God of War

Big Boss

34 minutes ago, AnK said:

Can’t really be considered a “fraction” as it’s almost the entire PS4 gen Sony library. 

I’m sure now that even TLOU 1+2 & GoTsu will also follow the moment they are 4-5 years old. & just in time for their sequels.

Infact they should release TLOU 1 remaster already. 

I said the entire Sony library, which encompasses Playstation 3 as well. There are still a lot of games from that era which have the potential to be ported which enhanced visuals and still haven't aged as badly as the rest. The ones they are releasing are their premium best selling titles. They still have a lot more in their arsenal from the PS4 library. Off the top of my head; Shadow of Colossus remake, The Last of Us franchise, The order 1886, Gravity Rush series, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Gran Turismo, Killzone Shadowfall, Until Dawn, inFamous second son and first light, Ratchet & Clank etc. 

They can easily bank on these titles and if they do decide to port some of their older generation exclusives at a good prices, those still can be spaced out over a period of time and they can make money off it. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

Final Fantasy VII isn’t really Sony property & I’m sure it will come to PC at some point when exclusive deal ends. 

Talking about PS3 games….it was developed on cell architecture & PC ports would require full redevelopment process & probably the biggest reason they were never remastered for PS4 either.

It only comes down to the financial viability of redeveloping a game from scratch & if it would even make a significant profit for going through the trouble. 

B grade games like The Order,Shadow Fall or moderately good ones like Second Son,Gravity rush again would not really gather any significant attention. 

Ratchet & Clank & Shadow of Colossus again have a good chance of being ported to PC just like Bloodborne & Demon Souls.

The whole idea is to give PC audiences something they are craving for & something that only Sony has been offering lately,story driven cutting edge AAA stuff. 

Something like GranTurismo is not really what PC or GamesPass  audiences are missing dearly.

Lol, when Death Stranding and Detroit made it to pc, the fans were like "those are not 1st party. When Horizon came to pc, it was "cuz of using the same engine as Death Stranding so it only made sense". When Days Gone came, it was cuz it was 2nd tier. Oh, how the time has changed.

Horizon on pc after 3 years.

Days Gone on pc after 2 years.

gow AFTER 4 years.

And since they have started releasing major 1st party on pc only since 2020, hence this 4 year wait for GOW, and longer wait for older titles. All of these games are gonna sale gang-busters on pc, and console sales won't be affected at all. MS releases day 1 on pc and still have already sold 6-7 millions Series X/S so far, and that too without a single exclusive AAA release this gen so far.I don't see future ps5 games releasing more than 2, 3 at most years later, which is not a biggie. In fact, i won't be surprised if they start releasing their games barely a year later in the future. MS has shown them the way. PC FTW :punk:

They have Nixxes and Bluepoint now that can handle the remasters/remakes. If the plan is just to bring their crème de la crème titles, then they'd need to space it out significantly as they'd run out of it rather quickly. They won't risk bringing PS5 exclusives early, so if they are really serious in PC investment, they'd need to revive some last generation titles. 

We never know how receptive the PC audience will be to what's considered niche or even B-tier titles per Sony's studio standards. Then again, the point on financial viability that Ank mentioned also comes to light considering how much time and resources need to be put into a franchises porting efforts. If they can gather more porting resources, it could be doable. 

It's a good testing phase at the moment to see how the PC users are adopting these 2-3 year old titles. If it's above their expectations, then it provides a window of opportunity to ramp this up. They are facing a lot of competition now in terms of gaming accessibility with cloud and mobile markets invading the scene. This is a good time to diversify and branch out to a new audience. 

Death Stranding & Detroit were always advertised as console exclusive to begin with hence the 6-1 year PC release.

Days Gone came after more than 2 years & even that’s too much for something that didn’t sell or receive as much recognition as other Sony Games. 
Uncharted is coming after a whooping 6 years lol.

Expecting games like Returnal,Demon Souls to release before two years & games like Horizon FW,R&C RA before 3 years is a far fetched Idea. 
Games like GoW~R & TLOU2 before 4-5 years is sort of blasphemy. 

But as someone pointed out,it’s an ever changing market scenario since the mobile & cloud infrastructure is growing rapidly. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Personally, as a PC gamer and someone who has yet to own a Sony console, Insomniac's Spider-Man games are my most craved titles, followed by the Naughty Dog games. 

Spiderman is def soon. maybe just before spiderman 2. Even tlou is possible just before or after the show. 

One title that should def come is dreams, can't even imagine what people will do with a mouse and keyboard with no limitations. ?

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Everything will come sooner than later ,its just extra money . Jim ryan already said it in the last interview console player base is not growing .

Everything will come as & when it makes sense from business point of view 

It’s evident that they are in no mood to risk their current market holding & software royalties that follow ,in pursuing some witch-hunt demographic that doesn’t exist at the moment. 

Edited by AnK

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Everything will come as & when it makes sense from business point of view 

It’s evident that they are in no mood to risk their current market holding & software royalties that follow ,in pursuing some witch-hunt demographic that doesn’t exist at the moment. 

Do you remember ?

Death stranding is the only game that will be available on PC because Sony couldn’t say no to Kojima :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was the only game that was available in a simultaneous window.

If you consider that same as games coming out 3-6 years down the line then all I can say is “bauhahahahahahah” 

Might as well consider Alan Wake & SunsetOverdrive being poised to come on PS as the same thing too :giggle: 

Edited by AnK

On 10/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

It's a decent strategy to include a neutral platform for release. It's not like PC gamers who never intended to buy a console would suddenly get swayed by all these releases and run to get a console. At this point, I don't know if such a crowd even exists given the absurd PC hardware prices and they'd probably have at least one current gen console. Regardless, they (PC gamers) will at least get a taste of Sony exclusives without the need of buying the console.

Some of the PC gamers I know have waited for the console's life cycle to end, buy it at a decent price, play just the major exclusives and sell it off. So they don't really want to be a part of the console eco system, just want to try out the exclusives. 

For the people who are already attached to console gaming, this move shouldn't even make a difference. It's not like they have released the entire Sony library on the PC, these exclusives hardly make up even a fraction of the entire line-up. They cherry picked these titles to show the absolute best visual and technical fidelity to the PC market. I think it's one of the reasons why they didn't bother releasing the previous Uncharted games or the original God of War saga titles as some of them would feel very dated. 

I'd say Spider-Man would probably be next and of course the fan favourite Bloodborne. It's win-win for Sony. Salty fans are already loosing their minds on Twitter, which is a cesspool now anyway. So no point in holding onto emotional exclusive attachment. :P 

Most PC gamers already have consoles. 

The GOW will be sold to the people mostly who gonna double dip. Like how lots of people bought HZD again on PC because of more fps and better graphics...that's all.

26 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Most PC gamers already have consoles. 

The GOW will be sold to the people mostly who gonna double dip. Like how lots of people bought HZD again on PC because of more fps and better graphics...that's all.

Honestly, IMO if you have a PS5, you wouldn't need to double dip. It already looks great and plays perfectly. For PS4 users, it would probably make sense seeing as how this game was notorious for heating up the console like crazy. I still remember how awful the noise was when playing this and Monster Hunter. It was so weird playing a God of War game on 30 frames. :P 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Honestly, IMO if you have a PS5, you wouldn't need to double dip. It already looks great and plays perfectly. For PS4 users, it would probably make sense seeing as how this game was notorious for heating up the console like crazy. I still remember how awful the noise was when playing this and Monster Hunter. It was so weird playing a God of War game on 30 frames. :P 

I agree.. on ps5, GOW is already 60 fps and 4k...so there's no point.

For HZD it was different case because at that time PS5 wasnt there so no option for high fps...

Playing this. I just crash landed in what I think is Asgard(Edit : turned out to be helheim). Had to stop there. This ties my previous number 1 game so far. Anyways, I'm having this problem on the PS5 with GoW. The game keeps crashing when I put the PS5 in rest mode. The PS5 itself is fine but the game has crashed every time I tried putting it in rest mode. Anyone else have this problem? Is it something to worry about?

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn