God of War

Big Boss

• 1 month later...

Finished the story last night! Really liked the story progression. 

Gameplay was so different than the previous games and it actually put me off last year when I played it on the PS4. 

Picked it up again on the PS5 and I am glad I did. Changed from resolution mode to performance mode at about 20% in to the story. 

Going to try Muspelheim and Niflheim realms now. Neat little feature I hadn't notice till now, In the realm travel room, the color of the light on the controller changes as you switch to different realms. 

EqDQh8SXEAEzqUZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by ayush12ice
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Going to try Muspelheim and Niflheim realms now. Neat little feature I hadn't notice till now, In the realm travel room, the color of the light on the controller changes as you switch to different realms. 

Definitly go for the other two realms, real challenge lies there and track and kill all the Valkyries too, real boss fights are those . once you are done with these you are kinda close to PLAT then achieve that as well :D 

11 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Finished the story last night! Really liked the story progression. 

Gameplay was so different than the previous games and it actually put me off last year when I played it on the PS4. 

Picked it up again on the PS5 and I am glad I did. Changed from resolution mode to performance mode at about 20% in to the story. 

EqDQh8SXEAEzqUZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

How was the experience on the 5 in performance mode? Can’t wait to run through one more time but Sushma hai line mein. 

40 minutes ago, adity said:

1080 60. Nothing to write home about. They didn't do any ps5 patch. 

I meant the way Sushma plays and looks even more awesome than on the Pro without any official enhancements. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

kill all the Valkyries

I stubbornly finished the game on Give Me God of War mode and somehow defeated 2 easiest Valkyries but now next 7 are too difficult so I left the game :cry: now I don't have the skills to start playing again ever. Muspelheim and Niflheim are too difficult also on this difficulty to finish fully. I can't reduce the difficulty and don't want to play the full game again

Just now, 0verlord said:

I stubbornly finished the game on Give Me God of War mode and somehow defeated 2 easiest Valkyries but now next 7 are too difficult so I left the game :cry: now I don't have the skills to start playing again ever. Muspelheim and Niflheim are too difficult also on this difficulty to finish fully. I can't reduce the difficulty and don't want to play the full game again

there’s a member here who beat all the valkyries with just melee na? No damage also. I heard it on the IVG podcast. Man that’s some god level dedication and skill. 

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

there’s a member here who beat all the valkyries with just melee na? No damage also. I heard it on the IVG podcast. Man that’s some god level dedication and skill. 

These 2 guys do this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/c/FaraazKhanChubDaddy/videos

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHappyHob/videos

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Definitly go for the other two realms, real challenge lies there and track and kill all the Valkyries too, real boss fights are those . once you are done with these you are kinda close to PLAT then achieve that as well :D 

Muspelheim completed. Started niflheim, still trying to understand how that works. There is a Valyrie here as well. LOL run into her yet. Although now she is marked on the map, but most of the map remains fogged up. Did the first 2 favors. Opened a couple of the legendary chests in center chamber. Going to try to finish it tomorrow. 

I think I have cleared every other trophy already. Valkyrie (Only the one in this realm is left out of the 8), Axe and Niflheim trophy only left. Not sure if there is a fight coming after I place all the 8 helmets but the last couple of them are building towards a fight. 

10 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Yeah, I think it was a combination of different things. In one it was no axe or blades. 

58 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

How was the experience on the 5 in performance mode? Can’t wait to run through one more time but Sushma hai line mein. 

Game looked great in 4k for a 2018 game. But once I switched to performance mode, I didn't even think of switching back. Made the game much better for me. 

17 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

LOL. Not going to even try that...  I mainly wanted to play the game for the story and fun. Playing at highest difficulty will become a chore and I would rather start playing another game. 

22 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

Muspelheim completed. Started niflheim, still trying to understand how that works. There is a Valyrie here as well. LOL run into her yet. Although now she is marked on the map, but most of the map remains fogged up. Did the first 2 favors. Opened a couple of the legendary chests in center chamber. Going to try to finish it tomorrow. 

There is an armor which can withstand the fog so you don’t die it from it even after the time has run out.. Ivaldis Mist or something, go with full set of that and you are good. Keep farming the mists you need a lot so you can unlock those chests in the above area, this has a trophy too..

17 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

There is an armor which can withstand the fog so you don’t die it from it even after the time has run out.. Ivaldis Mist or something, go with full set of that and you are good. Keep farming the mists you need a lot so you can unlock those chests in the above area, this has a trophy too..

Yeah! I got the the whole deadly mist set which adds stats to Strength, Runic, Defense and Vitality. Used up all the mist Echoes I had. Now I need to get them again to start opening the Chests and realm tears in the center chamber.

I am able to stay in the map much longer now. I ended up in the Valkyrie area and I have to say this one was the easiest till now. I almost didn't get any damage in this one. In the previous ones, I had to use the resurrection stone in a couple of them. 

One time I died standing on the platform by the crushing wall thingy. LOL. I guess I was standing near the edge. Lost like 5k or 7k mist echoes. :(  

Aaaaa. Game never asked me to grind till now. In complete run, clearing out all fighting arenas, I only get a maximum of about 9k mist echoes. 

I cleared out the most expensive realm tear and opened up all the chests. Still need another 25k mist echoes for the remaining 2 realm tears. 

I should have done this realm before Muspelheim, getting great gear in this and a lot of hacksilver and resources which would have made the trials relatively easier.