Big Boss

God of War

On 5/28/2020 at 12:59 AM, VelivolusDas said:

About the game, it's sooooo much better in terms of how the narrative is paced, compared to previous GoW games. I have never liked any of the previous games (tried playing multiple times over several years but just can't play post 2-3 hours of the first game).

Seems like I'm in the minority who liked both the old games as well as this one. It might be because of the phase of life while playing. Was in my early 20s and enjoyed the mindless violence of the old games. And now liking how GoW and Uncharted 4 has changed the tone...feels like the games are growing with me :)  

9 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Well, well, well... 😊

This is so cool!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: (Jealous)

Just now, Bauji said:

Seems like I'm in the minority who liked both the old games as well as this one. It might be because of the phase of life while playing. Was in my early 20s and enjoyed the mindless violence of the old games. And now liking how GoW and Uncharted 4 has changed the tone...feels like the games are growing with me :)  

Na ur not, except ascension whinc was a mediocre game, every single GOW game is a master piece, each of it has a story, and all tie up nicely.

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Cory is super active on twitter. He even replied to me one time. Really cool guy. Gives a lot of random tidbits and insights about game development. 

18 hours ago, AtheK said:

Na ur not, except ascension whinc was a mediocre game, every single GOW game is a master piece, each of it has a story, and all tie up nicely.

I said minority :) Have seen lots of posts from ppl who never cared for GoW earlier, liking this game and at the same time ppl who liked older games, not liking this one much.

No doubt regarding the games being exceptional though, considering what they have achieved on the platforms they were originally released.

Even Ascension I would say could be called mediocre only when compared with other GoW games, it was decent otherwise. Had too much expectations I guess. It looked exceptionally good, gave competition to early next gen games. Had much better combat system, time bending mechanic was cool and worked well with the puzzles and had great boss fights too. The opening section was amazing like all GoW games.

17 hours ago, adity said:

Really cool guy.

He is indeed. All his interviews are a joy to watch because of his sense of humour. Few days prior to the release of GoW(2018), for several hours, he was reading posts on Era and was tweeting funny replies, adding to the hype which was already off the roof at that time. Man, that was a good day!! :D 

Started this yesterday, it's not bad as such but i miss the high-energy combat of earlier GoWs.

World-building, atmosphere, environments wise this is a 10x improvement over previous GoW's, also like the focus on lore now with the codex section.

I also like that they have a story now and characters rather than GREEK GOD BAD TITAN BAD KILL EVERYTHING REEEEEEEEEE.

Combat is ok like i said, but nothing ground breaking, and definitely a downgrade from earlier GoW's fun hack n slash combat.

Combat is good and engaging once you progress further. Parry the enemy attack in this game helps a lot soon you will know why.  There are some great abilities that Kratos can pull off but for that you need to do some grinding but not as much as odyssey thankfully. 😅

GoW3 feels more like a aggressive game and this one is not like that. And this game is not on the same level as GoW3 because GoW3 boss fights itself sets the benchmark/standards very high. This game only lacked that otherwise it’s a great improvement on every other aspect. Throwing the axe and getting it back is oddly satisfying. Didn’t feel boring at all. 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Started this yesterday, it's not bad as such but i miss the high-energy combat of earlier GoWs.

World-building, atmosphere, environments wise this is a 10x improvement over previous GoW's, also like the focus on lore now with the codex section.

I also like that they have a story now and characters rather than GREEK GOD BAD TITAN BAD KILL EVERYTHING REEEEEEEEEE.

Combat is ok like i said, but nothing ground breaking, and definitely a downgrade from earlier GoW's fun hack n slash combat.

Combat is a lot more versatile than previous games. You start unlocking new combos at a very healthy pace and it's really fun to string them together. It also needs some strategy this time around rather than just square square triangle. 

The thing about previous GoW games is that your most used combo, square-square-triangle and square-square-square-square-slowmo-triangle is available right off the bat. New Gow is pretty much bares bones for first couple of hours.  

I did the favours for the Dwarf bros and two favours for the spirits, now i'm swimming in XP and unlocked most of the axe and shield/barehanded abilities.

Combat is much more fun now :D

Also thank god for them giving the [ B O I ] the runic attacks

The BOI is 10/10, he randomly chokes guys with this bowstring, then i do the cleave move on them :rofl:

I wish his AI was aggressive in shooting arrows but.

I have to manually command him to shoot specific dudes to get them away from me

I'm in that thamur's corpse level, and the past chapter (inside the mountain, summit etc) has been nothing short of spectacular .... also, that dragon fight was perhaps the first decent boss fight thus far.  Truly matches the scale that we've come to expect from this series.  I'm a sucker for games having good lore, and with the talking head, the game has really got my attention now (played for the past 3-4 hours at a stretch, breaking only for lunch :P )

Edited by Ne0

Just got back from Helheim from the second time, completed the dwarven favors questline , freed all dragons. :D

It feels so good having blades of Chaos again :wub:

wonder why couldn't they give the axe also such simple and effective combos from the start 

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I'm in that thamur's corpse level, and the past chapter (inside the mountain, summit etc) has been nothing short of spectacular .... also, that dragon fight was perhaps the first decent boss fight thus far.  Truly matches the scale that we've come to expect from this series.  I'm a sucker for games having good lore, and with the talking head, the game has really got my attention now (played for the past 3-4 hours at a stretch, breaking only for lunch :P )

More such moments in main story, also just some time after this magic chisel questline you will unlock blades of chaos :devil:

It has all of the glorious combos from the past games right off the bat, and some of the others now come in the form of skills and runic attacks.

Because of it's faster attack speed it is very good against those enemies with clubs and unblockable attacks and also trolls.

The axe tho  has better runic attacks + you feel like infinity war Thor throwing the axe.

Just finished the main story/journey :majesty:

Nice to see Kratos is finally a normal guy now, mostly.

Now off to kill the Valkyries, Musphellheim and Niflheim already killed 5 Valkyries till now.

They should have made valkyries the story minibosses, they provide a nice challenge compared to lol trolls and those gorilla like enemies.

45 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Just finished the main story/journey :majesty:

Nice to see Kratos is finally a normal guy now, mostly.

Now off to kill the Valkyries, Musphellheim and Niflheim already killed 5 Valkyries till now.

They should have made valkyries the story minibosses, they provide a nice challenge compared to lol trolls and those gorilla like enemies.

Yeah they should've made it part of the game and level scaled so that you don't have to grind to fight them. 

Just killed the Valkyrie Gondul.

So easy :rofl:

Meanwhile i was struggling against the previous 5.

I mean seriously the kill 100 enemies challenge was harder because they spawn so slowly :rofl:

fully upgraded the Blades of Chaos tho :devil:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Niflheim and Musphelheim Gold trophies done, 8 valkyries killed, now onto Sigrun :nerves:

Ho jao ready... She is the toughest boss of the game.