God of War

Big Boss

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Well, you seem to play like a scardy cat and that’s not canonical at all. Real Kratos is so fast and ferocious that no puny Draugr can touch him at all, let alone Kratos dying from 2 hits from a Draugr. Devs have included “Give me a Story” so that old people with low dexterity and skills like you can also play the game and feel good about themselves :giggle:

Massive cope. Kratos was never a speedster, except maybe for that time when he had Hermes's shoes. I get that some people play on the hardest difficulties so that they can feel like they achieved something in their otherwise mediocre lives, but to think that the difficulty where Kratos, who single-handedly destroyed the whole pantheon of Greek gods including Zeus, dies in two hits is somehow canon is laughable.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Massive cope. Kratos was never a speedster, except maybe for that time when he had Hermes's shoes. I get that some people play on the hardest difficulties so that they can feel like they achieved something in their otherwise mediocre lives, but to think that the difficulty where Kratos, who single-handedly destroyed the whole pantheon of Greek gods including Zeus, dies in two hits is somehow canon is laughable.

Real Estate GIF by RateperSQFT.com

i agree on both, Kratos may be fast but his core ability is strength. Put this way that he also has a mastery in combat so playing as him needs good reflexes otherwise you're no match. But he getting down in 2 to 3 hits isn't acceptable. 

Dude has killed Titans single-handedly. No way he's out in few blows. 

On 9/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Kumar123 said:

as I said it’s literally physically impossible for you to beat Give Me God of War mode because your fingers, eyes and brain aren’t young enough for the reflexes and focus that’s required to beat this difficulty. Only way you can beat it if you pay someone younger to do it on your behalf :rofl:

I agree about you canon point, Kratos shouldn’t go down in 2 hits. But Kratos is a playable character which the player fully controls.

It is actually your pathetic reflexes and skills which makes Kratos go down in 2 hits from Draugr. You make Kratos ‘not’ canon. You are the one who is laughable.

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

as I said it’s literally physically impossible for you to beat Give Me God of War mode because your fingers, eyes and brain aren’t young enough for the reflexes and focus that’s required to beat this difficulty. Only way you can beat it if you pay someone younger to do it on your behalf :rofl:

I agree about you canon point, Kratos shouldn’t go down in 2 hits. But Kratos is a playable character which the player fully controls.

It is actually your pathetic reflexes and skills which makes Kratos go down in 2 hits from Draugr. You make Kratos ‘not’ canon. You are the one who is laughable.

Amusing to see you type parts of your reply in bold as if those make any more sense than your other ramblings.

Nah, it's the non canon difficulty the devs designed that's actually making Kratos go down that easily. According to canon, he should be able to take a thousand of those hits and not break a sweat. So obviously, the Give Me A Story difficulty is the closest thing to that experience. Don't let it bother you though. Keep playing your fan fiction. Go die to Sigrun a hundred times like Kratos totally would.

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Jesus, play how you want and at what difficulty you want. It’s not a competition and everyone needs to calm the f down

Except it is a competition - not at what level the game should be played . But who can insult other more while pretending to utter words of wisdom :P

• Haha 1

Finally, the magnum opus is here! SIGRUN, the Valkyrie Queen beaten on Give Me God of War difficulty. Probably the hardest battle I’ve ever fought, required pin-point focus and perfect reflexes non-stop and it gets exponentially harder towards the end. At least 5-10x harder than any other Valkyrie ???

So, we reach the end of this exciting journey and conclude the entirety of the Give Me God of War saga. See you in Ragnarok!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, Kumar123 said:

Amusing to see you type parts of your reply in bold as if those make any more sense than your other ramblings.

Nah, it's the non canon difficulty the devs designed that's actually making Kratos go down that easily. According to canon, he should be able to take a thousand of those hits and not break a sweat. So obviously, the Give Me A Story difficulty is the closest thing to that experience. Don't let it bother you though. Keep playing your fan fiction. Go die to Sigrun a hundred times like Kratos totally would.

https://blog.playstation.com/2019/02/01/how-santa-monica-studio-created-god-of-wars-greatest-challenge/

During one of our playtests, a player started fighting Sigrun in the late morning. I remember leaving for lunch and coming back to find this same player still fighting her a few hours later. When he finally beat her, we interviewed him about the experience. I expected him to be extremely frustrated, since that’s usually what happens when someone spends three hours on a single fight. You might even say I expected his day to be… Sigruined. 

Instead, he said that fight was his favorite part of the game. What we didn’t see during those three hours was how he was improving with each try. Every time he died, he would remember what he did wrong and make a mental note of what to do next time. Each time he retried, his muscle memory got better along with his knowledge of the fight. He was mentally engaged in learning the fight throughout that entire three-hour session. When he finally defeated her, the satisfaction of the win was even greater because he knew it was his own built up experience that paid off. This is the kind of fun that Sigrun aims to give players: the fun of leveling up your own skills as a player to overcome an immense challenge. That kind of personal leveling is always more rewarding than just leveling up your in-game avatar.

48 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2019/02/01/how-santa-monica-studio-created-god-of-wars-greatest-challenge/

During one of our playtests, a player started fighting Sigrun in the late morning. I remember leaving for lunch and coming back to find this same player still fighting her a few hours later. When he finally beat her, we interviewed him about the experience. I expected him to be extremely frustrated, since that’s usually what happens when someone spends three hours on a single fight. You might even say I expected his day to be… Sigruined. 

Instead, he said that fight was his favorite part of the game. What we didn’t see during those three hours was how he was improving with each try. Every time he died, he would remember what he did wrong and make a mental note of what to do next time. Each time he retried, his muscle memory got better along with his knowledge of the fight. He was mentally engaged in learning the fight throughout that entire three-hour session. When he finally defeated her, the satisfaction of the win was even greater because he knew it was his own built up experience that paid off. This is the kind of fun that Sigrun aims to give players: the fun of leveling up your own skills as a player to overcome an immense challenge. That kind of personal leveling is always more rewarding than just leveling up your in-game avatar.

Lol bruh, I have no disagreements regarding the satisfaction you get after beating games on harder difficulties. Beating Vanquish on hard mode is something that I still cherish. I get it. All I was saying was that, according to the canon, the easiest difficulty was probably the most accurate. Especially, when you find out from the prequel comic to the game that Kratos had been practicing to hold back his rage/strength and that's the reason he seemed to be struggling at certain parts of the game when he could have probably obliterated most of his enemies with one blow. This means he was even stronger than he looked and there was no chance that he would have ever died to anything he faced in the game except maybe the gods. So yeah, congrats on beating GMGOW, I'm sure it was a great experience for you but canonically, most of the game must have been a cakewalk for Kratos. It was the emotional bits that probably took a greater toll on him.

Edited by Kumar123

• 4 weeks later...