E3 2018 - General Discussion and News

Crackdown clearly went through development hell, so they clearly not done finishing it. So they not gonna anymore till very close to release. 

Gears 5 will be more Gears and that game is not going through development hell. So they gonna drop lot of media footage next year around e3.  They did same with Gears 4 and last gen Gears games. 

6 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

Zodka logic: Gears has to be like every other game to get people to play it, while Halo: Infinite actually looked like Halo CE so that's ok. 

Considering the X360 era had one Gears every two years that was ok, but one Gears game in the 5 years of the Xbox One is a problem. 

Most of the Halo 5 leads left 343i. No sh*t they're far off in development.

Which could have been greenlit if they didn't fire everyone at Lionhead - who pitched a new take on Fable that wasn't Fable Legends. Xbox management logic:

1. Greenlight the wrong Fable game.

2. Cancel it after prolonged development despite it looking good (I played every beta and at events).

3. Kill off the studio that wanted to work on another Fable game to begin with.

4. Palm off the IP to someone else when they see how much $$$ Horizon Zero Dawn made.

I don't know what's worse, the Xbox team's management this generation or Zodka's hot take on all things Xbox.

:rofl:

MS raped there.

Damm somebody post this on resetera.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Dude is an insurance agent in real life, talk about stuck in a completely wrong job :lol:

I dunno. I kinda feel work and hobbies are better off not having any relation to one another.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

I dunno. I kinda feel work and hobbies are better off not having any relation to one another.

Yeah, but at some point he should consider expanding on that. Dude has serious talent when it comes to sarcastic humor. That last line about Manchester :rofl: If people stayed where they are content with their hobby we wouldn't get Miyazaki and Stephen King. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah, but at some point he should consider expanding on that. Dude has serious talent when it comes to sarcastic humor. That last line about Manchester :rofl: If people stayed where they are content with their hobby we wouldn't get Miyazaki and Stephen King. 

I guess you have a point there.

11 hours ago, KnackChap said:

yeah, very excited to see the gameplay. the closed door showing has pretty much blown everyone away. must be something really special. 

I remember, how much these "journalists" were raving over the closed theater/door showing for Final Fantasy Versus XIII for years. Looking at those old articles, you would think that the World's best game was about to land. And then we got Final Fantasy XV, which was not anything special.

I would take anything shown over closed doors as over-hype, until they can show something tangible to all audience. Right now, there is nothing except the theme and the name "CDPR". There must be some clause that all journalists must rave and rant over closed door showings, if not for legal purposes, then for the mysterious "We saw something the whole World did not see!! It was the absolute best-est ever!! Read our article, feel jealous and give us those clicks"

14 hours ago, roun90 said:

I remember, how much these "journalists" were raving over the closed theater/door showing for Final Fantasy Versus XIII for years. Looking at those old articles, you would think that the World's best game was about to land. And then we got Final Fantasy XV, which was not anything special.

I would take anything shown over closed doors as over-hype, until they can show something tangible to all audience. Right now, there is nothing except the theme and the name "CDPR". There must be some clause that all journalists must rave and rant over closed door showings, if not for legal purposes, then for the mysterious "We saw something the whole World did not see!! It was the absolute best-est ever!! Read our article, feel jealous and give us those clicks"

Well CDPR is known for its Witcher fame. Firstly it has the experience to make enriched open world enivornment, smooth gameplay etc. Secondly the game isn’t out for at least 2 years hence there will be more time for them to show the public the gameplay like they did with Witcher 3. You need to be patient. It’s not like Andromeda. 

Obviously there is some trouble going on at Square Enix’s internal studios and many games like KH3 and FF7 remake have been delayed. This trend has been going on since FFXIII. 

After seeing massive W3 visual downgrade. Im not gonna trust CD Red reveal trailers anymore. I know final game will have downgraded graphics.

Those who don't believe me then watch this -

So yeah im gonna wait for final game before going crazy over E3 footage of Cyberpunk.

Archived