2018 FIFA World Cup - France Le champion du monde

Heaven Angel

It helped that England were quite average throughout. In fact the only proper shot on target was that free kick goal. As most people predicted this English team didn't deserved to be in semis and they were only there cos of their easy grouping. Croatia was flat in first half but in second and ET they got their spirit back.

Luckily for Croatia there is a 4 day rest. They can regroup, the only thing is as they aren't use to of such a big stage final they may get overwhelmed by it.

France is of course the favourite but I am supporting the underdogs as usual.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

It helped that England were quite average throughout. In fact the only proper shot on target was that free kick goal. As most people predicted this English team didn't deserved to be in semis and they were only there cos of their easy grouping. Croatia was flat in first half but in second and ET they got their spirit back.

Luckily for Croatia there is a 4 day rest. They can regroup, the only thing is as they aren't use to of such a big stage final they may get overwhelmed by it.

France is of course the favourite but I am supporting the underdogs as usual.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Exactly my feelings. 

England were lucky throughout the tournament. 

France should win it this time with the quality and cohesion they have. 

With the surprises this WC have thrown up, Croatia winning it will be the perfect ending, tusi world cup will be remembered for a long long time. 

18 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Race for third place is till open. I guess belgium and england are yet to leave for home. What a boring match that would be.

18 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Race for third place is till open. I guess belgium and england are yet to leave for home. What a boring match that would be.

True, it's like giving punishment to both the teams. Until Fifa has a rule where top three team automatically qualify for next world cup, then it would be a cracker. 

19 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Yup. No incentive to win. It's downright stupid.. who the hell wants to play for no.3 when they are emotionally broken..

3rd place gets $24m. 

Great video giving a tactical overlook of the finalists.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

3rd place gets $24m. 

That's all the incentive I would need haha. 

Finishing 3rd would still be a great achievement for the nation as a whole. I mean yeah it's unfortunate you couldn't be in the finals and all but atleast you made it this far. Might as well compete for 3rd place now.

It's a good achievement. $24 prize money + bronze medal + better ranking + chance to get/cement the golden boot as the game is often high scoring. Lukaku can still score 2+ to win the golden boot if Kane fails to get his name on the score sheet. 

England has taken part in the third-place play-off once — in 1990 — which they lost against Italy. This would be nice to win something and lay a foundation for both teams to look forward to Euros and the next World Cup.

tafgQWG.jpg

Happy days. 

22 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

With playmaker like De bryune, anyone striker other than Lukaku would be on a scoring rampage..

Pathetic first touches.. He is so overrated IMO..

True. I think he just can't be consistent. Some games, he troubles defenders a lot. Others, he barely makes a difference.

BTW, I am supporting England for this. And the players seemed a little off, in the first half. :(

First half was kinda boring, IMO. Just started watching the second half now.

Edit: That break by Belgium and dat save by Pickford. Wow! :O

Edit 2: Game. Set. Match, by Hazard.

That means, they're coming home, empty-handed.

And English fan's thought they can actually win the world cup. Every tough team they face they loose. Happy for Belgium coming 3rd they deserve it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Archived