Battlefield V

Mysteryman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, Masterjack said:

how active is this game on pc? iam planning to buy it .

PC is full of cheaters, and there will be no new content added to the game. If I were you, I'd pass. 

Dice announced today that there will be no more new content added after the standalone update in June this year.  They're shutting down the live service for the game 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

18th anniversary of Battlefield ?

us6h0t15pbm51.png

DICE Senior designer dropped a cryptic tweet yesterday - https://twitter.com/NiklasAstrand/status/1303298164087283712

One response stood out to me -
https://twitter.com/TEEET88318895/status/1303808636389601283

The account is brand new and replied with a gif that featured the number Niklas posted.

At the bottom of the gif some binary appears, I've taken that binary and turned it into Hex and decimal to see if we can make anything from it.

Binary - Hex - Decimal

000100111011 13B 315
001001110110 276 630
001110110001 3B1 945

010011101100 4EC 1260
011000100111 627 1575
011101100010 762 1890

100010011101 89D 2205
100111011000 9D8 2520
101100010011 B13 2835

110001001110 C4E 3150
110110001001 D89 3465
1110100010 3A2 930

Ending.

Hopefully some announcement. Come on! 

• 1 month later...

About time!

DICE is creating our next Battlefield game with never-before-seen scale. The technical advancements of the new consoles are allowing the team to deliver on a true next-gen vision for the franchise. We have hands-on play testing underway internally, and the team’s been getting very positive feedback on the game as we’ve begun to engage our community.

The next Battlefield is set to launch in holiday 2021, and we are excited to share a lot more about the game in the spring.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried this as my first Battlefield game today. The game starts in an epic way. Directly jumps into the horrors of war without even putting up the menu lol. It looked really really good.

I wanted to try out the MP. I am horrible at FPS games because of my shitty aim but I had fun in the 2 matches I played. They consisted mostly of me running around like a blind idiot and shooting anything that moves but still I see the appeal. The game has a good tutorial for beginners which really helped. It was hard to coordinate anything with randos but I can see how this would be a blast with friends, only if I had any who were into the game atm lol

Edit: IVG's search functionality is still pretty much useless. Got this thread via a Google search.

Edited by Aloy

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

I would suggest playing BF1 before this 

It was part of PSplus collection & an awesome & better campaign critically 

Is BF1 also better in terms of MP, and more active? I'm not really interested in their SP offerings. I just want to get my hands dirty with BF MP before 2042 hits.

46 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Is BF1 also better in terms of MP, and more active? I'm not really interested in their SP offerings. I just want to get my hands dirty with BF MP before 2042 hits.

That is the general consensus, yes.

39 minutes ago, Aloy said:

The maps and general vibe is much better in BF1. Also, the gunplay in BFV is super lethal, with a super short Time To Kill, which may you find to be better or worse (I personally like it more) ,so the moment to moment gameplay can be very different between BF1 and BF5. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Get a kb/mouse connector. 

I tried to connect my regular mouse but it seems to require an adapter for kb/m support(on PS5). DS is fine I guess.

52 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

That is the general consensus, yes.

46 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

The maps and general vibe is much better in BF1. Also, the gunplay in BFV is super lethal, with a super short Time To Kill, which may you find to be better or worse (I personally like it more) ,so the moment to moment gameplay can be very different between BF1 and BF5. 

I guess I'll give BF1 a chance too. 

3 minutes ago, Aloy said:

I tried to connect my regular mouse but it seems to require an adapter for kb/m support(on PS5). DS is fine I guess.

I guess I'll give BF1 a chance too. 

If you are new to fpses with controller, I would advise you to try a lot of single player fpses first. 

Else you won't have a great mp experience. Specially in games like 2042.