Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

Kind of? They didn't get rid of it completely but also don't focus on it too much. In Curse of the Pharaohs DLC,

Bayek gets it and gives the apple to Sutekh in the end.

AC1 and Origins had the same Apple wielded by Bayek, Aya and Altaïr. From the looks of Odyssey, we will see it again in the upcoming game. 

• The game is about how the Pieces of Eden came into the men's hands before the whole Assassin vs Templer came into play.
  • Gear is not random in most cases, it's deliberately placed within the world.
  • They based the game world, as usual, on historian advice and locale visits.
  • The game will feature 7 different kinds of biomes.
  • Dynamic weather is in.
  • Sailing is not the main focus, less than Black Flag, but systems will be in place in case people want to go deeper.
  • There are sharks.
  • The game has MORE content than AC Origins.
  • Modern Day is not optional but it can be expanded based on your choices.
  • All editions will have reversible covers.
  • The "triangular" design philosophy of the AC franchise is based on the Illuminati.
  • You can pet dogs.
  • While the game "includes" the canon story, the real canon is in the novel, in which Kassandra is the protagonist.
  • You can respec at any time but not every skill is unlockable.
  • There are no usable shields.
  • There are references to old AC games.
  • No camels, of course.
  • Tomb puzzles are back.
  • The brotherhood mechanics are back with your ship crew.
  • "Fantastical" abilities are not mandatory. You can play the game as realistic as you want.
  • Dialogue impacts the ending.
  • The lead writer is Melissa MacCoubrey, writer of ACIV: Freedom Cry.
  • While the map is bigger than Origins', half of it is the sea.
  • No graphic sex scenes/nudity.

___

Common features in Assassin's Creed games:

PRIAjX2.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

• 2 weeks later...

Offer: Pre-order Assassin's Creed: Odyssey standard edition and get FREE upgrade to Omega Edition 
Buying link bit.ly/AssassinsCreedOdysseyatGTS

Physical content: The Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey game.
A 32 page Artbook: Featuring the artworks from Ubisoft Quebec artists that led to the creation of the game.
The world map: Explore the world of Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey with this hand-drawn artistic representation.

Digital content* The Digital Omega pack includes the Kronos pack, 1 temporary XP Boost and 1 temporary Drachmas boost. The Kronos pack contains 5 epic pieces of armour, 1 epic weapon & 1 epic mount. Time is of the essence when you put yourself at the service of Kronos.

• 1 year later...

Competed Final DLC - Judgement of Atlantis.

Fantastic DLC with great satisfactory ending. It also answers lot of questions about Isu that iam sure hardcore AC fans would love to know.

Absolutely play for AC fans. 

This was the last major DLC content for the game.  From now there will be no more content updates. I will uninstall AC Odyssey after unlocking my final achievement for last free quest for Lost Tales of Greece.

Easily one of the best games of generation for me. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Competed Final DLC - Judgement of Atlantis.

Fantastic DLC with great satisfactory ending. It also answers lot of questions about Isu that iam sure hardcore AC fans would love to know.

Absolutely play for AC fans. 

This was the last major DLC content for the game.  From now there will be no more content updates. I will uninstall AC Odyssey after unlocking my final achievement for last free quest for Lost Tales of Greece.

Easily one of the best games of generation for me. 

Though I did not play the DLC, this was indeed one of the best games of this gen, topped only by god of war i suppose. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

DLC answers all about Isu. Sucks you have to play DLC to experience it.

Dont care too much about it, I loved the main game itself. Though Ya more answers would have been better. Kassandra and Ezio are the one I will always remember AC for. 

21 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

DLC answers all about Isu. Sucks you have to play DLC to experience it.

Have the game and season pass. But the game is far too long. By the time I was ending Legacy of the First Blade, I got too burned out. Took a (quite big) break, but when I tried coming back - found I was not used to the combat anymore and was dying frequently or attracting too much crowd. So shelved the game once again. Would love to see the Isu story once I am in the mood to play it again.

But one good thing they have done is they are finally carrying forward the modern day story as well. At least they brought Desmond's successor in Layla Hassan and her story here progresses quite a lot (Unlike in origins, where she was there for 2 minutes and forgotten). Did not like playing the faceless Abstergo Employee/Assassin thing they had going on in Black Flag/Unity/Syndicate at all.

f**ckin finally platinumed it after missing the Hermes homie trophy for 2 days. Took me around 105 hrs. Still a bunch of outposts, forts etc to clear but I've had enough. It's much much better than origins, which was pretty sh*t with no memorable characters tbh. This has a better story, better mythos, more variety, characters, far better combat etc. Want to play the Atlantis dlc but I think I'll just YT it. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, KnackChap said:

f**ckin finally platinumed it after missing the Hermes homie trophy for 2 days. Took me around 105 hrs. Still a bunch of outposts, forts etc to clear but I've had enough. It's much much better than origins, which was pretty sh*t with no memorable characters tbh. This has a better story, better mythos, more variety, characters, far better combat etc. Want to play the Atlantis dlc but I think I'll just YT it. 

I preferred the setting of Origins. But yeah, characters and gameplay are much more interesting in this one. 

2 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I just got AC Odyssey, havent even played through the main story yet. But is there a sale on the season pass right now?

I just checked, no point getting the Atlantis DLC separately, the Season Pass is on sale for basically the same price and a lot more content. Thanks for the heads up @WhiteWolf

10 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I just checked, no point getting the Atlantis DLC separately, the Season Pass is on sale for basically the same price and a lot more content. Thanks for the heads up @WhiteWolf

Enjoy. We will see you next year coz that's how long it will take you to finish everything lol. 

Don't rush story .Do side stuff, explore and liberate forts. If u rush then you will remain under level. 

Focus on Assassin build. Kill from shadows 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

Enjoy. We will see you next year coz that's how long it will take you to finish everything lol. 

Don't rush story .Do side stuff, explore and liberate forts. If u rush then you will remain under level. 

Focus on Assassin build. Kill from shadows 
If it's gonna take that long no point getting the Season Pass immediately, I'm sure we'll have a sale later in the year and the price will be similar if not less.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk