Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

Not that origins is bad wrt the Assassin's creed standard. (More of the same actually but not being able to get into it)

Maybe, after odyssey you can't play any more.

Level gating here is even more prominent, I just started and already 3 to 6 levels below the main mission and impossible on easy.

Didn't have such problem on odyssey on normal until mid game when I was level 25 or more (as bounty hunters used to give plenty of xp anyway) and was fun actually.

I don't know the combat feels the same but don't know why I can't get it, not able to evade/block and something just isn't feeling right.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Man, 2-3hrs in and I'm already feeling the boredom creep in.

I had initially loved Origins but I eventually got burnt out on it and Odyssey just feels like more of the same so far. Considering it's been almost 2 years since I played Origins, I thought that Odyssey might feel fresh now. But nope.

Kassandra does seem like a good character though. I'll probably give this a couple more chances till my free uplay+ trial expires to see if it suddenly clicks with me at some point. 

But with Gears MP being so much fun, I'm not able to bring myself to even start this :|

• Like 1

Welcome to Ubilol's copy-pasted crapola. Everything starts off well till you reach a certain point where you get burnt out because of their copy-pasted boring stuff. 

keuxwfcwcjl31.png

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Haha 4

On 9/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Joe Cool said:

Welcome to Ubilol's copy-pasted crapola. Everything starts off well till you reach a certain point where you get burnt our because of their copy-pasted boring stuff. 

This is very true and I feel the fatigue nowadays. Decided to stay away from Ubisoft open world games for some time because I feel tired even thinking about starting one.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so the game is kinda growing on me now. It's gotten quite better after leaving Kephallonia. The story has taken an interesting turn and the gameplay systems have also opened up.

I do realize though that whatever there is, is going to be repeated ad infinitum and I'll probably get bored again sooner rather than later.

But I'm quite enjoying it at the moment and I'm actually glad I gave it another chance.

Here are a few photo mode pics I took. They're all heavily compressed though :\

Spoiler

iotuVB1.jpg

QxsH98m.jpg

KJfDJcc.jpg

Bb18prO.jpg

66pwID1.jpg

Spoiler

p6WgVqa.jpg

gs7y4iQ.jpg

VILfIEY.jpg

m7k0tQh.jpg

8sG7UbT.jpg

• Like 2

If you just stick to main quests, its less repetitive. There is decent variety in the quests and locations, and plot is pretty engaging throughout the game. 

Try not to care about levels too much, you can comfortably complete mission with much less than recommended level thanks to slow time at dodge + a weapon with elementals. 

And stay away from the notice board quests at any cost. Or even random stranger encounter. 

Edited by KyoyaHibari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KyoyaHibari said:

If you just stick to main quests, its less repetitive. There is decent variety in the quests and locations, and plot is pretty engaging throughout the game. 

Try not to care about levels too much, you can comfortably complete mission with much less than recommended level thanks to slow time at dodge + a weapon with elementals. 

And stay away from the notice board quests at any cost. Or even random stranger encounter. 

Yeah, I have this nasty habit of trying to complete as many side missions as I can.

But I realize that that is only going to get me burnt out soon with this game. So I'm trying to let go of it.

And yeah, those notice board and random stranger quests are just copy/paste filler quests, which I'll try to avoid.

Don't do timed/hour glass icon quests unless you need resources or orichulums.  These are infinite quests for resources similar to Skyrim Radiant quests. 

If you want good side quests then look for gold/black exclamation marked quests. These are story quests with cutscenes nd all. Not all good but majority of em are good and some even tied to main storyline. Many side quests are tied to cult leaders storyline. 

Explore every island, do main quests mixed with gold side quests. You will hit a wall if u rush it as they don't want you to ignore 50% of side stuff and just do story quests.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Done with the main campaign!

Took me around 60hrs with a fair number of side quests sprinkled in. Surprisingly, I'm still not burnt out and I have to say I really enjoyed the game. It does have a lot of repetition like almost every open world game but there is still a lot to like here. 

The story, the characters and the setting kept me hooked. I'm glad though that I didn't go for every side quest I laid my eyes on and only did them sparingly.

I played it on Hard difficulty with auto-leveling enabled and still I never faced a problem with level-gating.

Will start the Fate of Atlantis DLC next. I only have 5 days left in my uplay+ sub. So I'm gonna skip Legacy of the First Blade. Most seem to agree that it is quite mediocre.

A few (heavily compressed) photo mode screenshots:

Spoiler

2hXrCzP.jpg

hLqAIka.jpg

DHRADYW.jpg

nlXndbi.jpg

ig1axjj.jpg

Spoiler

K30Mbjc.jpg

Hnk0Sj5.jpg

ipbc04P.jpg

8bxGeGT.jpg