Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

• 3 weeks later...

Rumour: Assassin's Creed Ragnarok Is the Name of the Next Game, Will Be on Both PS4 and PS5

Rumours have long been swirling about Ubisoft's follow-up to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Thought to be all about vikings, the supposed codename for the game is Kingdom. However, according to new scuttlebutt doing the rounds online, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok will be the name of the upcoming sequel.

One or two sources have shared this information and more. Allegedly, Ragnarok -- if that's even the real name -- will take place around 800 AD, will delve deeper into the First Civilisation storyline, and will feature a map covering Scandinavia and England. A now-deleted Reddit post tells us you'll play as a male or female viking named Jora who becomes an assassin during the game. It also says the recruitment system from Brotherhood is back, and that there will be mythical locations and characters to discover. Gameplay will apparently be largely the same as Odyssey, including stints of modern day story. Finally, it's said that Ragnarok will be a cross-gen title, releasing a version for both PlayStation 4 and PS5 next year.

link

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

And super grindy might I add. Blackflag was the last AC game that was actually fun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

yeah and best thing about origins and odyssey that horse can drive itself to the location  without pressing button. ?

2 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

yeah and best thing about origins and odyssey that horse can drive itself to the location  without pressing button. ?

I remember playing Excite Bike way back when and wishing that mfsob would jump, stunt and finish without me pressing a button. Here we are 34 years later and dream fulfilled :lol:

• 1 month later...

Finished it!

I played this for like 35ish hours last year and got super burned out on it and quit. A month or so ago I went back to it and got absolutely hooked again. 70 hours in and I am finally completely done. Main storyline done, mythical creatures done and the Cult done. 

Now I kinda want more lol.

Is the season pass worth it?

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

I only played the second episode (the Atlantis one) and thought it was great!

It's pretty much more of the same with a few good changes here and there but the three new settings are fantastic and manage to keep things fresh.

Elysium, especially, is absolutely f**king gorgeous!

The first episode is apparently pretty bland and shitty though. So if you don't care about the story chronology, I'd say start with the second episode first so you don't get burned out again. Or you could even skip the first episode entirely like I did :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

First DLC Pack (Legacy of the First Blade) is very much worth it. It's heavily story and character focused and shows how Odyssey is actually related to Origins and the Creed as a whole. Story was decent and there is a new cult. So it was worth it.

Haven't played Atlantis yet (Little burnt out of AC, plus Sekiro is taking more of my gaming time attention) but from what I've seen it's worth it - it gives beautiful new areas to explore, focuses a lot on Isu (Old Civiliations - if you like that stuff) and some bosses along the vein of mythical beasts (Based on what I've seen from the trailer, as I've said - I've not played Atlantis yet - though I have it in my PS4 library)

Best of all - you get the AC3 Remaster, which by itself costs 2500 on PSN India/ 2000 Rs on Steam (While the Season Pass itself is Rs 1665 on PSN India currently, 2000 Rs on Steam) - so you are recouping your cost then and there.

Whatever people say about Ubi, they did support the Season Pass owners with a hell of a lot of content.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

First DLC Pack (Legacy of the First Blade) is very much worth it. It's heavily story and character focused and shows how Odyssey is actually related to Origins and the Creed as a whole. Story was decent and there is a new cult. So it was worth it.

Haven't played Atlantis yet (Little burnt out of AC, plus Sekiro is taking more of my gaming time attention) but from what I've seen it's worth it - it gives beautiful new areas to explore, focuses a lot on Isu (Old Civiliations - if you like that stuff) and some bosses along the vein of mythical beasts (Based on what I've seen from the trailer, as I've said - I've not played Atlantis yet - though I have it in my PS4 library)

Best of all - you get the AC3 Remaster, which by itself costs 2500 on PSN India/ 2000 Rs on Steam (While the Season Pass itself is Rs 1665 on PSN India currently, 2000 Rs on Steam) - so you are recouping your cost then and there.

Whatever people say about Ubi, they did support the Season Pass owners with a hell of a lot of content.

Sounds good. No discount on US PSN though so I think I will wait for that cause I bought my game from there. 

• 2 months later...

New Assassin's Creed Reveal Date Teased By Industry Insider

According to prominent, reliable, and respected industry insider, Shinobi602, the reveal of the new installment is "almost there." Unfortunately, no further details are divulged, but "almost there" suggests a reveal will be coming in the near future.

The tease came after a Twitter user asked if the leaker had any news to share about the unannounced Assassin's Creed game. As you can see, Shinobi602 didn't have any news to share, but apparently Ubisoft is getting to ready to share official news itself, presumably at either a games reveal event for PS5 or Xbox Series X.

link