Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

Starting this tomorrow. Got the gold edition for 2.5k. 

Really loved origins and it's dlc when I played it 2yrs back. Hopefully this would be better. Also slightly OT but this music from AC2 is the reason why every 2yrs I play whatever AC games I've missed :rofl:

Was so f**king memorable. AC2 :majesty:

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Which platform? If you're on PC then refund it.. epic has it for 1k right now. Gold edition

PS4. I paid 1.25K, sharing it with my friend. 

Edited by rAgHaV

Ya grinding there but if you mix up main missions with side then you don't feel the grind as side missions give huge xp and majority of them are quite good.

Main lining story bad idea as after certain point you will not be high enough to complete certain missions. You have to mix it up.

15 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Is there any way to level up fast in this game? Beside doing side quests.  Gameplay is good but this grinding sucks. 

Look for user made missions that give you tons of XP and money for little grind. Ubi constantly deletes these because they obviously want to peddle the XP boost bullshit, but new ones keep popping up every week.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started it a day back, played for 3hrs or so. Game looks gorgeous on a 4K HDR Monitor. although don't know why but I am not enjoying it at all :P Loved origins and its DLC (I f**king loved syndicate, unity, black flag too :fear: ). Hopefully this one picks up after few hrs. :scratchchin:

Edited by rAgHaV

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

What you mean "Black Flag too :fear:"? Black Flag was fantastic. 

that :fear1: was for the other AC games. I even liked AC3 till uPlay deleted my save on ps3. Black Flag is the only game in the series that I enjoyed playing more than AC2. 

Anyway played 2hrs of odyssey more today, I was overdoing the side stuff I guess. Playing with that completionist mindset will make it super boring so now will mix stuff.

Edited by rAgHaV

Black Flag was really well done. I wouldn't mind replaying it at all and definitely any day over Origins and Odyssey. 

AC 3 snow setting helped a lot. Unity visuals were so good that it broke other stuff. 

At least all those games felt like AC game in some way. Now it has become generic open world game. Tedious. 

5 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Anyway played 2hrs of odyssey more today, I was overdoing the side stuff I guess. Playing with that completionist mindset will make it super boring so now will mix stuff.

Yup. This is a game where you have to actively try to prevent yourself from getting burnt out :lol:

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Unity visuals were so good that it broke other stuff. 

Unity wasn't really broken when I played it. I really enjoyed it too. It's one of the few AC games I've played to completion.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

26 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yup. This is a game where you have to actively try to prevent yourself from getting burnt out :lol:

Unity wasn't really broken when I played it. I really enjoyed it too. It's one of the few AC games I've played to completion.

I was under the impression Unity is trash.

My friend recently bought it, and he supposedly hated it. So he gave it to me, and told me that he never wants to see the game again.

Although he does want me to play it, so that we can bash Ubisoft together.

I'll take a free game anyday :) 

Edited by Chirag2001

I'm playing Unity right now. It's absolutley gorgeous. Best looking AC game I've played yet. So much crazy detail. 

The gameplay itself is really boring though. I have to force myself to play it and then in 1 hour I get bored and close it. 

13 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I was under the impression Unity is trash.

My friend recently bought it, and he supposedly hated it. So he gave it to me, and told me that he never wants to see the game again.

Although he does want me to play it, so that we can bash Ubisoft together.

I'll take a free game anyday :) 

There seem to be mixed opinions on it. But since you already have it, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot :P

Also, I'm not sure to what extent the PS4 version has been fixed. I didn't run into any problems when I played it on PC a few years ago.