Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Unity wasn't really broken when I played it. I really enjoyed it too. It's one of the few AC games I've played to completion.

Was pretty bad at launch. I remember that face glitch which went viral. :lol:

Visually was stunning though. The interiors mainly. 

On 6/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Joe Cool said:

Was pretty bad at launch. I remember that face glitch which went viral. :lol:

Yup. The game is quite infamous for those glitches :lol:

I think I played it a whole two years after launch though, by which time pretty much all of that was fixed.

Played for 7hrs straight today. Couldn't f**king stop. Game looks so bloody gorgeous on PRO + HDR :wub: Think it might beat all games except BF & AC 2 for me. Setting is f**king amazing. 

So glad that I went with the Kassandra. Watched a 10 minute voice acting comparison before making that decision :lol:

Edited by rAgHaV

• 2 weeks later...

50hrs In. In terms of the main story I am only at Episode 4 of 9 but side stuff I've done so much that I am already Level 54 or so (good thing main quests auto scale)

Really in love with this game now. They really made a HUGE mistake by including that B grade random quest generator, I was doing those quests too in the first 10hrs and the minute I stopped doing them, I started enjoying the game twice as much. There is no shortage of actual side missions (gold icons) so doing such 3min quests makes no sense. Now I simply accept everything at the notice board but my main focus is always the gold side quests, once I've cleared the map of all gold quests then I'd resume the main story :P

Enjoying it as much as Origins now, humour in this game (not sure of guy but I play as Kassandra) always keeps stuff interesting :happydance:

9 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

50hrs In. In terms of the main story I am only at Episode 4 of 9 but side stuff I've done so much that I am already Level 54 or so (good thing main quests auto scale)

Really in love with this game now. They really made a HUGE mistake by including that B grade random quest generator, I was doing those quests too in the first 10hrs and the minute I stopped doing them, I started enjoying the game twice as much. There is no shortage of actual side missions (gold icons) so doing such 3min quests makes no sense. Now I simply accept everything at the notice board but my main focus is always the gold side quests, once I've cleared the map of all gold quests then I'd resume the main story :P

Enjoying it as much as Origins now, humour in this game (not sure of guy but I play as Kassandra) always keeps stuff interesting :happydance:

Dialogue is the same for both afaik :lol:

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Dialogue is the same for both afaik :lol:

Before picking Kassandra I watched a 10 minute youtube comparison video. Alexios sounds way to dull in most of the quests to be honest. Certain scenes (there are ton) are instantly twice more interesting as Kassandra as her voice acting was done much better than Alexios (many videos on YT comparing it all)

Humour is all about the delivery not the dialogues :P

Edited by rAgHaV

17 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

what impact do choices have in this? 

3  characters will live or die depending on your choices, i mean you get literal option to kill them off if you wish.

once game main campaign is done, these 3 plus one more become your crew on your ship, they are all golden rarity crew members, and have all special perks relating to the ship, plus fight very well too when boarding other ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Done with the base game finally. Total 95hrs, this game is considerably bigger than Origins, that took 70hrs for base game + all DLC as per my Ubisoft Club stats. After 10hrs of playtime I started to ignore the Question Mark icons, stopped taking 2rs auto generated quests and ignored the 2rs bounties. Game became super fun after that, took me just 2-3hrs more (after finishing the main story) to get the platinum trophy as only few underwater caves were left. 

I loved the last 2 AC games, Origins and Odyssey. Enjoyed them equally but somehow Kassandra has quickly become one of my favourite characters this gen. I will be playing both DLC episodes and the Additional Feats Quests sometime later this year once I'm done with TLOU2, Ni No Kuni 2, RDR 2. (Maybe next year then :rofl: )

Really wish that they bring the older Black Flag Naval stuff back into the series (don't remember it much but it was leagues ahead of naval stuff in Odyssey). I remember they released some Pirate AC game for older gen consoles back when Unity released for next gen consoles. That's probably the only Main series AC Game that I've never played. 

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah Kassandra is GOAT, it feels like they made the game with her and suddenly remembered 'hey we need to give gender option for our dudes too', called in the voice actor and did all the lines in 2 days.

That's exactly what came to my mind when I watched a few Voice Acting comparison videos before making my choice (10-20mins from the initial 3-4hrs of main storyline). The difference in the delivery of protagonist dialogues (since the other is antagonist) is almost next gen/last gen :rofl:

Slept with so many ppl as Kassandra, not even funny. At one point I was like bitch tera imaan nahi koi? then I realized it's me who is doing all this :fear1:

Edited by rAgHaV

6 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

I didn't really check which character is better... Didn't think it would be such a big difference. LOL...

Why doesn't the game just give an option to try out both or just change? :|  

Lol. One should pick Kassandra simply because its ancient greece. Playing as the girl is probably much more spicy like @rAgHaV said

Still need to get back to this game, its been in my backlog for months xD

I don't know what you mean by spicy there... LOL

Anyway, god damn.. Sokrates can get irritating with his philosophy... haha wanted to punch him in the face....

I haven't played the game for a couple of days now.. I finished chapter 4 and was clearing out all the missions in Attika.

It is fun to try to spot all the differences compared to the actual locations and sometimes say heyy i have been there. Hehehe.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally met *SPOILER* during the campaign. 

Spoiler

Alexios.

Thank god I didn't choose him as a character. Something is really off about his voice. Feel like it belongs to much a bigger bulkier character. Weirdly deep voice. Kassandra's voice is great. Matches perfectly. 

Edited by dylanjosh

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Finally met *SPOILER* during the campaign. 

Reveal hidden contents

Alexios.

Thank god I didn't choose him as a character. Something is really off about his voice. Feel like it belongs to much a bigger bulkier character. Weirdly deep voice. Kassandra's voice is great. Matches perfectly. 

Had the same reaction when I met him. He sounds like a big, stupid oaf.