Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

23 minutes ago, doors said:

I have never played any AC games before. Would this be a good game to start the series, or should i try to get the ezio collection first. Does this game require me to know the story of previous games. I kinda like whatever i heard about this one so far.

You don't have to play previous AC games to understand the story. You can start this one right off the bat.

The reason people will play previous AC games is because they're interested in the locales.

So for example, if you're interested in ancient Egpyt, you might want to check out AC origins. If you're interested in renaissance Italy you want to check out AC2 etc 

49 minutes ago, doors said:

I have never played any AC games before. Would this be a good game to start the series, or should i try to get the ezio collection first. Does this game require me to know the story of previous games. I kinda like whatever i heard about this one so far.

lol story. 

You can start any of the modern AC games and good to go. 

Edited by Joe Cool

4 hours ago, doors said:

There are some story elements which are connected with Origins but overall its pretty much a standalone story

• 3 months later...

Finally finished this game . The visuals , story , gameplay enjoyed everything from start to finish . Killed all the cultists , legendary beasts and mythical creatures . Didn't like the grinding part as you just couldn't take on tougher boss fights or higher level missions without being near to their level. 

Wanted to try DLC too but at 1665 bucks (50% discount from original price of 3300 something)  it doesn't seem worth the price as both DLC episodes add like 7/8 hours of gameplay only (main quests ) and have no interest in playing Assassin's creed 3 . 

Edited by Krazyniks

2 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Finally finished this game . The visuals , story , gameplay enjoyed everything from start to finish . Killed all the cultists , legendary beasts and mythical creatures . Didn't like the grinding part as you just couldn't take on tougher boss fights or higher level missions without being near to their level. 

Wanted to try DLC too but at 1665 bucks (50% discount from original price of 3300 something)  it doesn't seem worth the price as both DLC episodes add like 7/8 hours of gameplay only (main quests ) and have no interest in playing Assassin's creed 3 . 

I played all DLCs and they are good. Worth the price. New locations, enemies and abilities and lot of sh*t to do in hours long DLC missions. 

Odyssey one of my favourite AC games

45 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I played all DLCs and they are good. Worth the price. New locations, enemies and abilities and lot of sh*t to do in hours long DLC missions. 

Odyssey one of my favourite AC games

How long would you say each of the campaigns are ? Main missions only . 

Edited by Krazyniks

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

How long would you say each of the campaigns are ? Main missions only . 

8-10 hours for main story and if you go for 100% then around 20 hours or more of each DLC content. Fate of Atlantis is very good. Meaty content in DLCs.

You get lot of powerful abilities as well 

36 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

8-10 hours for main story and if you go for 100% then around 20 hours or more of each DLC content. Fate of Atlantis is very good. Meaty content in DLCs.

Ohh okay thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, WhiteWolf said:

Finished the DLC and had an absolute blast . Fate of Atlantis was very good indeed , the locations were brilliant and new abilities (the enhancements ) were really cool.  Yeah took me 35 hours to finish everything in both DLC's . 

Will definitely play AC3 later sometime 

• Like 1

Finished the DLC and had an absolute blast . Fate of Atlantis was very good indeed , the locations were brilliant and new abilities (the enhancements ) were really cool.  Yeah took me 35 hours to finish everything in both DLC's . 
Will definitely play AC3 later sometime 

Fair warning, AC3 is the weakest game of the entire franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a copy brand new, and its been on the shelf for so long that I listed it for sale. But after reading this I feel like playing it.

Perhaps its good it hasn't gotten sold haha 

my addiction to apex takes away time for any other games tbh

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

I would say skip it. Its not very fun. 

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Fair warning, AC3 is the weakest game of the entire franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah even I wasn't interested much.  Just want to get more bang for my buck which I spent on Season pass so will play it later . Will play without much expectations

32 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Does it really matter what true AC is when it's fun as f**k

Ya that's why i tell people to play Odyssey. Its fun.

Syndicate is also great and under appreciated AC game. Its true AC game with Hitman style systems.