Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

31 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

:wOOtjumpy:

What about Origins?

No news on that yet. But seeing as how Odyssey was in such a high demand for a frame rate boost and it's finally getting one now, I assume they will do the same for Origins eventually.

27 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

What? Kassandra is good character. Mr AC hater and Odyssey is really good.

Ezio good but way too overrated. 

For me, it's Ezio = Evie Frye > Edward > Jacob Frye > Bayek > Kassandra + Alexios

Dead Last = The personality-less blob called Eivor

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Chances are AC: Odyssey might come to PS+ next month

9 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hope it holds the resolution too. The engine is extremely taxing even on PC. So I'm guess it would probably be 1440p or somewhere in that range. 

Its the worst, man.

I was playing AC Syndicate few days ago. Stupid thing is pushing my RTX 2060Super to 100% usage. (1080p, Very High, 60fps). Its a 6 yr old game ffs. 

18 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

god bless you if comes true

Hopefully it does. The game is discounted. Ubi's main money-maker is AC: Valhalla. They are also pushing for the next AC to be live service. So why not just take Sony's money and put it for free on PS+? Those who are interested have already bought it.

Another big profile game that I hope comes is TLOU2. That game is also permanently discounted, and the main revenue from that will come is from MP. So why not promote sales of PS+ by giving the SP section for free?

Of course both will not be on same month. But I hope it happens.

Edited by roun90

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Its the worst, man.

I was playing AC Syndicate few days ago. Stupid thing is pushing my RTX 2060Super to 100% usage. (1080p, Very High, 60fps). Its a 6 yr old game ffs. 

Syndicate performed decently for me, if memory serves right. It used the same engine as Unity I think (AnvilNext?). I do remember some stuttering issue that plagued the game while riding the horse carriage, but thankfully some bloke on YouTube showed a nice fix, which helped eliminate that issue. Apart from that, I think it ran well enough. :P 

Odyssey also ran fine for most part but it really tanked the frame rate when you'd visit densely populated areas or had way too many ability effects being rendered onscreen. It's one gorgeous looking game and definitely deserves the 60fps treatment. Good to see Ubisoft not milking it out by making us pay by releasing some now "cut" of the game. 

29 minutes ago, roun90 said:

For me, it's Ezio = Evie Frye > Edward > Jacob Frye > Bayek > Kassandra + Alexios

Dead Last = The personality-less blob called Eivor

Chances are AC: Odyssey might come to PS+ next month

Ok i will put you on ignore list for putting Bayek and all over Kassandra. :chair:

Evie good too.

Ezio, Kassandra, evie and kenway best 

26 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ok i will put you on ignore list for putting Bayek and all over Kassandra. :chair:

Evie good too.

Ezio, Kassandra, evie and kenway best 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah lol. f**k Bayek. f**king loser piece of sh*t. If I was his son, I would be glad I got kidnapped by those templars. 

The thing for me is - the VA/Model carried Kassandra. The VA was amazing. But her story was not that great (IMO). But for Bayek, the lore carried him. His story, to me was just too good. The pain of losing his son, abandoning the Medjay Code that he had lived through-out his life, to the point of betraying the Pharaoh, founding of the AC with his (former) wife who had become obsessed - all of that was great.

In contrast, the main lore of Kassandra, I remember is only people shouting Misthios again and again, and by mid-game everyone praising her to the high heavens, to the point she had become capable of influencing entire nations. Heck, even the Persians were afraid of her, as though she was a God. The only story beat that I enjoyed was that of the young girl who was with her in the beginning.

Kassandra/Alexios were never Assassins in the first place. They were generals. Bayek started as a warrior, but became an Assassin the hard way. I did not post this as she was not an MC, but I found even Aya better than Kassandra/Alexios story-wise.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion, so it's fine if you dis-agree.

Edited by roun90