Generation Zero

Heaven Angel

• SURVIVE IN A HOSTILE OPEN WORLD - Explore a vast open world, rendered with the award-winning Apex engine, featuring a full day/night cycle with unpredictable weather, complex AI behavior, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics and a dynamic 1980’s soundtrack.
  • GET READY. THEN FIGHT BACK. - Experience an explosive game of cat and mouse set in a huge open world. In this reimagining of 1980’s Sweden, hostile machines have invaded the serene countryside, and you need to fight back while unravelling the mystery of what is really going on. By utilizing battle tested guerilla tactics, you’ll be able to lure, cripple, or destroy enemies in intense, creative sandbox skirmishes.
  • 1-4 PLAYERS SEAMLESS MULTIPLAYER - Go it alone, or team-up with up to three of your friends in seamless co-op multiplayer. Collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies, support downed friends by reviving them, and share the loot after an enemy is defeated.
  • STEALTH AND STRATEGY. CO-OPERATE TO LIVE. - All enemies are persistently simulated in the world, and roam the landscape with intent and purpose. When you manage to destroy a specific enemy component, be it armor, weapons or sensory equipment, the damage is permanent. Enemies will bear those scars until you face them again, whether that is minutes, hours or weeks later.

5K89XMb.jpg

nG838zO.jpg

qIZUf3Y.jpg

XdJPF6O.jpg

Generation Zero will be coming on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One in 2019.

Edited by Heaven Angel

19 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

hostile machines + unravelling the mystery of what is really going on + guerilla

Reminds me of another game :P

Joking apart, it sounds cool.

Edited by b!T

2 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Seems to be basically State of Decay but with machines.

That location seemed too beautiful to shoot things up in and destroy.Made me feel bad.That location deserves an action/adventure like TLOU.

4 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

That location seemed too beautiful to shoot things up in and destroy.Made me feel bad.That location deserves an action/adventure like TLOU.

TLOU is a completely different level. Avalanche can’t meet your demand. Only Naughty Dog can do it. 

• 1 year later...

So this game had a free week on Steam and I decided to give it a whirl. Only played it for a couple of hours but I really enjoyed it.

The atmosphere is f**king incredible and is definitely the highlight of the game. The visuals and sound effects are all fantastic! The gunshot sounds, especially, are thunderous and deafening! A nice and stark contrast to the uncomfortably eerie silence which pervades the game for the most part.

The game is tough as nails too (maybe a bit unfairly so because the enemy robots are annoyingly accurate even at great distances). I had to swallow my pride and reduce the difficulty to Normal because it was ridiculously difficult on Hard. Even on Normal, the basic grunt robots can absolutely shred you within seconds. Having a co-op partner made things a little easier and also more fun because you can distract and flank enemies better. And it's always funny to see your friend get chased through the woods by a giant, hulking robot :lol:

Speaking of those robots, they are quite menacing. At one point in the game, my friend and I ran away from a bunch of them and hid out in a barn. Then one of those robots came running inside and started scanning the place with some kind of lasers, looking for us. It was very cool!

Of course, there are quite a few very apparent flaws, which can be deal-breakers for some. The inventory management is a downright bitch, the aiming can be sluggish (not sure if it's because I'm using a controller though) and the missions so far have just been "Go from point A to point B". Not sure how long that will hold my attention.

But the game is dirt cheap on the Argentinian store right now and I feel it is more than worth that, especially if you have a co-op buddy or two. 

Some screenshots:

Lo9SS7I.jpg

8PVzI6v.jpg

IogBIro.jpg

WEVK2Ut.jpg

a9yJPaP.jpg

ivN5jB6.jpg

oCxqgPm.jpg

• Like 1