The Esports Federation of India is screwing over Asian Games Participants and the Indian media is completely silent about it

Something not many people are aware of is that esports will be included for the first time ever in the Asian Games. The Esports Federation of India is incharge of selecting the Indian teams and is completely f**king over the participants in the process.

The qualifiers were held between closed doors and at extremely short notice of 2-3 days. The participants are expected to have all their travel documents(passports) and this is extremely difficult if someone doesn't already have it. The worst part is the contract. The people representing India are expected to:
* Bear all travel costs including insurance
* Receive no pay from the ESFI
* Can't say anything negative about the ESFI and their family/legal representative also cannot do so
* Give their image rights to the ESFI forever
* Are not allowed to sue the ESFI
* Cannot withdraw under any circumstances
* Can be fined for anything based on the ESFI's discretion and are obliged to pay in 15days Among other things.

This has received alot of flak from the international esports community and caused ESFI to to release a statement which is basically PR bullshit and no guarantee that anything will change.

Here are some sources and links to the whole drama:

R Lewis, an American esport journalist made a video about it

Bleh, who is arguably the most prominent esports figure in India

There have been posts about this in esports subs but I haven't seen anything here or in the Indian news. It's a really sad state of affairs where these players have to pay to become a contractual slave in order to represent India

22 hours ago, Walker said:

Y is anyone surprised by this? 

Is anyone surprised? Probably not.

But did anyone expected it to be this shitty seeing as it's really an Asian level event? Definitely not.

I think the best thing which the Asian head org can do in this matter is temporarily abolish their Indian branch since they themselves are responsible for appointing/choosing the people running this sh*t. It's nothing short of a scam really. If they don't take any action it's going to set a very bad precedent and have negative effects. They need to appoint/elect new people otherwise it will also affect their own reputation.

I'm disappointed with the Asian E-Sports Federation stoice silence on the matter. I mean they will have surely heard of this by now right??

Archived