Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

Former 343 employee clarifies his words on Halo Infinite

The former 343 employee who spoke about the development of Halo Infinite has put out a video clarifying his comments, which were taken out of context. I highly recommend watching it. I'll be editing this comment with points in the video.

1. He states he is worried that 343 will take action against him, and future employers will see him as a liability because people ran with a couple of out of context sentences.
  2. The guy also claims the video was NOT meant to be a source of Halo news, he is not a source of Halo news, and nobody should take the former experience of one employee to be representative of the entire studio, or where it is now. The video was him reflecting on his time in the gaming industry in general, not specifically about Halo.
  3. He says he had a genuinely good experience working at 343, and if it was as bad as the media was portraying it to be, he wouldn't stay for 8 years
  4. The 343 baggage that was mentioned was simply him knowing that he couldn't work on new IPs at 343 (obviously cause it's a halo studio), and he wanted to try out something new
  5. He still believes that the game was overly ambitious, but that's just his opinion. He doesn't want people to see the cut content as a negative, because every game and project ever has cut content.
  6. IMPORTANT - His words on 'don't expect a masterpiece' was him saying we live in an age where games get massively hyped up, and fans have unrealistic expectations, especially when the game is trying something brand new for the first time in the series. Go into it with an open mind. It can still be a good game. MY WORDS - This is the burden 343 has to carry, people are expecting the game to be on par with the original games.
  7. His words on the engine being 'defective' is wrong, because it's a brand new engine, and it still needs updates, as does every new engine.
  8. MEGA IMPORTANT - The crunch. He says this was massively overstated. There was no constant crunch. People crunched for different reasons, and that was their personal choice. People wanted to go the extra mile. Artists tend to get into the 'zone', and just want to keep going. Working from home was part of this, as it was more difficult to focus with kids running around, doing dinner etc, so he would often start working later than usual, which explains the 'early hours of the morning'. If he was constantly crunching, how would he be able to run his two art channels he uploads content to? 343 also allowed people to take days off to re energise
  9. No media outlets that covered the story attempted to reach out to him, and when he reached out to them and tried to explain the situation, no one got back to him. I wonder why that is??

Overall, almost everything was overstated, and he was annoyed that 343 was getting slandered when for him, he had a great time working there. Remember that this is just ONE PERSON, so others may have different experiences, but this shows how the media will just run with anything, even if it's a semi-translated clip

I'd love to see Jason Schreier post the video to let people know that they shouldn't believe the semi translated stuff, but he'll probably block me if I try to get his attention, so feel free to try!

59 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The former 343 employee who spoke about the development of Halo Infinite has put out a video clarifying his comments, which were taken out of context. I highly recommend watching it. I'll be editing this comment with points in the video.

1. He states he is worried that 343 will take action against him, and future employers will see him as a liability because people ran with a couple of out of context sentences.
  2. The guy also claims the video was NOT meant to be a source of Halo news, he is not a source of Halo news, and nobody should take the former experience of one employee to be representative of the entire studio, or where it is now. The video was him reflecting on his time in the gaming industry in general, not specifically about Halo.
  3. He says he had a genuinely good experience working at 343, and if it was as bad as the media was portraying it to be, he wouldn't stay for 8 years
  4. The 343 baggage that was mentioned was simply him knowing that he couldn't work on new IPs at 343 (obviously cause it's a halo studio), and he wanted to try out something new
  5. He still believes that the game was overly ambitious, but that's just his opinion. He doesn't want people to see the cut content as a negative, because every game and project ever has cut content.
  6. IMPORTANT - His words on 'don't expect a masterpiece' was him saying we live in an age where games get massively hyped up, and fans have unrealistic expectations, especially when the game is trying something brand new for the first time in the series. Go into it with an open mind. It can still be a good game. MY WORDS - This is the burden 343 has to carry, people are expecting the game to be on par with the original games.
  7. His words on the engine being 'defective' is wrong, because it's a brand new engine, and it still needs updates, as does every new engine.
  8. MEGA IMPORTANT - The crunch. He says this was massively overstated. There was no constant crunch. People crunched for different reasons, and that was their personal choice. People wanted to go the extra mile. Artists tend to get into the 'zone', and just want to keep going. Working from home was part of this, as it was more difficult to focus with kids running around, doing dinner etc, so he would often start working later than usual, which explains the 'early hours of the morning'. If he was constantly crunching, how would he be able to run his two art channels he uploads content to? 343 also allowed people to take days off to re energise
  9. No media outlets that covered the story attempted to reach out to him, and when he reached out to them and tried to explain the situation, no one got back to him. I wonder why that is??

MS ninjas got to him.

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

saw the video. He looks genuinely upset about being taken out of context. :lol:

Didn't we have similar to and fro with CP2077 development multiple times?!

Later it turned out the crunch was true after all. Hard to know for sure which is true and to what extent.

• 4 weeks later...

Grain of salt and all that

coalteastwood just stated that, based on his personal "sources close to Microsoft Game Studios":

Halo Infinite will open the show with a new glimpse of the Campaign in order to show its graphical improvements over last year + Multiplayer Showcase (which will be the real focus of its presentation);

Its graphical improvement will be big compared to last year, but probably won't be enough to elevate it to the "best looking game ever" as some people expect it to be (very subjective comment mostly based on the fact tha colt dosn't like the old/new art style, which personally I LOVE compared to the H4/H5 one instead);

Halo Infinite Multiplayer will have a new mode similar to an hybrid of Battle Royale + Battlefield Conquest + Halo BTB all at the same time, with the biggest and most dense combat of the series;

Halo Infinite will release on September 2021;

An Halo Infinite Multiplayer "Demo" (or Public Beta more likely) will be released for everyone at the end of the show!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Good job @AnK in designing that calendar. :good:

You cry a river for crap spewed in the other thread only to come here & start the same?!?

Real mature ha?!?

btw I hope that calendar finally marks the release of this game 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Didn't this was going to be one of the most expensive game ever made? 

Yeah most expensive MS game ever but it doesn't look expensive visually coz most money got wasted by 343 and not used properly 

Edited by WhiteWolf

No release date yet and not much is shown from the campaign to see the improvements from last year. It seems that there is a sort of a soft reboot in the story as the old cortana is deleted mysteriously.  I’m happy with that as the Forerunner battles wasn’t great in Halo 5. 

16 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

No release date yet and not much is shown from the campaign to see the improvements from last year. It seems that there is a sort of a soft reboot in the story as the old cortana is deleted mysteriously.  I’m happy with that as the Forerunner battles wasn’t great in Halo 5. 

Same. It was such sh*t. As for Cortana, I don't think she's going anywhere. They do imply a deletion but there's no way of knowing if it went through. Could the new AI be the reset version of Cortana though? She seemed great.

Edited by TRMNTR