Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Another big gripe I have with the game. The game doesn't help you out enough with  environmental awareness. 

You literally can't hear enemy footsteps. :ranting:. Many a times, the enemy just appears from nowhere and lands a devastating blow. Also, are there no weapon specific sound effects when you are being hit? The sound when you get meleeed and/or when you get shot at with the rifle feel/sound similar. It's difficult to react if you don't know the source of damage. 

Never faced any of the issues listed above. Actually, most of the gripes you've listed in this thread seem to be affecting only you? Maybe you need to play more to get used to the game.

PS - There's an enemy radar at the bottom left. Even if you're unable to hear the enemy, you can most definitely see them coming.

Edited by TRMNTR

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Even @Vaibhavp was concerned about the sound of footsteps (or the lack of it). 

I've set the console to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and can hear footsteps. There's usually a lot of stuff going around in Halo so you really need to listen for them. Go in the training mode and give it a try.

Edited by TRMNTR

3 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I've set the console to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and can hear footsteps. There's usually a lot of stuff going around in Halo so you really need to listen for them. Go in the training mode and give it a try.

Hmm, maybe I am not focusing on footsteps when enemy approaches.

I can clearly hear team mate's footsteps whenever I am looking for that sound.

5 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Hmm, maybe I am not focusing on footsteps when enemy approaches.

I can clearly hear team mate's footsteps whenever I am looking for that sound.

Could be due to the hectic nature of Fiesta. Best way to tell is to go into training mode and put the Play Fighting setting on.

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yeap. Sometimes they appear out of nowhere. As if they are camouflaged. However you don't get that power in the fiesta mode. 

It's possible it's an issue but personally, I've not encountered it. In my experience, I can hear the footsteps when I'm looking for them but can't if I'm not.

Just had an awesome match where we were on the very brink of defeat until I luckily managed a fantastic clutch play by going on a killing spree with the energy sword and winning the match for my team.

The xbox game bar somehow didn't record the last 10 mins (as it often does). I then thought I could go into theater mode to record the game, but it's not giving me the option to spectate from my own viewpoint!

When I view the last few minutes from some other player's perspective, I can see myself sliding around backwards like a statue and killing everyone. f**k this sh*t! :rant:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Just had an awesome match where we were on the very brink of defeat until I luckily managed a fantastic clutch play by going on a killing spree with the energy sword and winning the match for my team.

The xbox game bar somehow didn't record the last 10 mins (as it often does). I then thought I could go into theater mode to record the game, but it's not giving me the option to spectate from my own viewpoint!

When I view the last few minutes from some other player's perspective, I can see myself sliding around backwards like a statue and killing everyone. f**k this sh*t! :rant:

Yeah. Theatre mode can be glitchy AF sometimes.