Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

He has the same skin now :threatenlumber:

But yea, as it's been said multiple times before, the progression is dog sh*t. I genuinely feel like I've gotten worse at the game since I've started focusing on the challenges. I'm going out of my way to play weapons that I'm not comfortable with to boost levels, etc

On the other hand though I'm also tempted to pick up the battle pass now  :mellow:

40 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

This is the best multiplayer games to come out in years. I haven't had this much fun since the first 2 years of overwatch after which it went to sh*t. 

I can see the game giving serious competition to the top played games. 

The gunplay is damn near perfect with a yuuuge variety of guns with wildly different capabilities, the maps are tight af and you have to be constantly moving. Best part is it doesn't rely on shitty bottlenecks for generating action. 

The sound design is also f**king awesome along with the ost. The net code is perfect too. It's probably the only MP game I'm recent times where I didn't get any disconnect at all due to server issues, etc. And that's when the game is in beta. Obviously, the game needs playlist, crossplay toggle, etc but that will happen in due time. 

The only bad thing and it's a massive con is the progression system which is just utterly dogshit. 

It's not just the fact that challenges actually f**k the teamwork. @El Tigre Chino was literally not killing people to get the assists challenge to unlock his shitty skin. 

It's also the fact that it's ridiculously padded out in the worst way. Some of the tiers grant challenge swaps or XP consumables which basically means the reward for completing a level is more levels. 

As it stands, the system needs a complete overhaul. Heck, I'll take overwatch lootboxes over this dogshit. At least that game gave extra rewards for playing the objective, playing as per your role, etc. 

But that aside, it's an absolute 10/10 experience. Played a bunch with the scam gang as well as trigger and waveking who were far more mild mannered than expected. 

If we're comparing to overwatch then I want to bring up the menu UI too. Overwatch menu navigation is so simple and clean. In halo I keep getting lost and have to keep searching for stuff. Idk maybe i need to get used to it. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's not just the fact that challenges actually f**k the teamwork. @El Tigre Chino was literally not killing people to get the assists challenge to unlock his shitty skin. 

But that aside, it's an absolute 10/10 experience. Played a bunch with the scam gang as well as trigger and waveking who were far more mild mannered than expected.

:rofl:

Now that TF2 is dead, I guess we can (properly) resume the recurring scam gang sessions?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

If we're comparing to overwatch then I want to bring up the menu UI too. Overwatch menu navigation is so simple and clean. In halo I keep getting lost and have to keep searching for stuff. Idk maybe i need to get used to it. 

The UI can get confusing at times but I think I've built the muscle memory for it now.

Edited by TRMNTR

19 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

We used to do scam gang MP sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday post 10:30pm but whatever works for everyone, I guess.

It still happens, just the games keep changing ;)  Forza and Halo going on right now..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

I swapped the challenge and then got that map :ranting:

Challenge grinding is the worst sh*t and needs to die. No wonder I'm not progressing as I'm completely ignoring it. There's no way in hell I'll let 343 dictate how I play the game. :P

• Like 1