Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

18 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Haven't unlocked the sandbox yet but initial impressions. 

1. Master Chief is badass. 

2. Gameplay is very fun and Master Chief feels super strong while at the same time being challenging. 

3. Gfx and level design aren't the best I've seen. Not really even close to any of the proper next gen games. 

I think MP looks much better which is kinda weird tbh. 

4. Cutscenes are 30 fps which is bs. 

All these plus Ammo seems so scarce in Campain..

The focus of character seems to be heavy only on MC and his armor.. only that stands out in cutscenes.. 

Gameplay is fun but yeah, it lacks variety. Indoor missions is just "find battery" insert it and open door. Sandbox area looks good but nothing groundbreaking. It gives the feel of Far Cry with Halo skin and gameplay on top. I get bored of Far Cry games fast so hopefully the story here would be engaging to keep me playing. Game runs smooth on 4K ultra settings on a old card like 2080 Ti so I guess they couldnt really push it to next gen level due to so many SKUs they had to optimize it for. Its a solid game but based on initial impressions, not the best Halo I played. 

Played for couple of hours. Gameplay is really smooth and master chief can kick some a*s. Love the grapple hook, it's a game changer. Gfx is decent on 1x nothing to howl about. I think I am gonna enjoy this campaign.

Edited by b!T

13 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Gameplay is fun but yeah, it lacks variety. Indoor missions is just "find battery" insert it and open door. Sandbox area looks good but nothing groundbreaking. It gives the feel of Far Cry with Halo skin and gameplay on top. I get bored of Far Cry games fast so hopefully the story here would be engaging to keep me playing.

I don't think the "sandbox" being referred to is only about it being open-world, but the tools and mechanics it gives you that create opportunities for emergent gameplay. Think Phantom Pain and BotW.

It's the ability to pull off sh*t like this.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Just got done playing for the day. So much fun! The art style, the world, is just so beautiful. The graphics aren't mind blowing or anything; granted I was playing at 120fps (for the most part). Will switch to 60fps tomorrow. Music and gameplay are of course, top notch. Also, achievements are broken/delayed AF.

Edited by TRMNTR