Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

So the game opened upto beautiful outside vistas and just when i was about to praise the game and feel good about the gameplay, BAM, the game sticks open world in my face .... Why oh why does every single game has to be open world these days ? It's not even proper open world, more like a miniature far cry, asking master chief to reclaim outposts ? Seriously :doh:

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So the game opened upto beautiful outside vistas and just when i was about to praise the game and feel good about the gameplay, BAM, the game sticks open world in my face .... Why oh why does every single game has to be open world these days ? It's not even proper open world, more like a miniature far cry, asking master chief to reclaim outposts ? Seriously :doh:

That's part of the first open world mission to familiarize you with the concept of FOBs. They let you fast travel, spawn weapons/vehicles, recruit marines etc.

22 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Same here. Hate the open world aspect of the game. Makes the Master Chief feel like a regular run and gun soldier. 

The save system is flawed as well!

Cheers.

8 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Same here. Hate the open world aspect of the game. Makes the Master Chief feel like a regular run and gun soldier. 

The save system is flawed as well!

Cheers.

Yeah, the saving checkpoint doen't carry across reloads, saving progress does, learnt the hard way after losing progress twice <_<

Played for like 7 hours straight today. Mostly Ranked Arena with some customs. Soooo sweaty! This is hands down the best Halo MP till date. :majesty:

Weirdly didn't get even 1 game on Recharge so ended up playing it in customs.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, Ne0 said:

Yeah, the saving checkpoint doen't carry across reloads, saving progress does, learnt the hard way after losing progress twice <_<

Yes and not just that, even when "saving progress" appears, you do not necessarily start at the exact same location or with exact same weapons. 

Like for instance in tower mission when "saving progress" appeared i kept spawning outside the tower after reloads, then once i spawned outside the ransom keep instead of FOB, as last "saving progress" appeared when i crossed ransom keep and didn't appear when i fast travelled to FOB later.

It also saved my scorpion tank once, at the FOB and didn't during the next save. :ko:

Cheers.

42 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Yes and not just that, even when "saving progress" appears, you do not necessarily start at the exact same location or with exact same weapons. 

Like for instance in tower mission when "saving progress" appeared i kept spawning outside the tower after reloads, then once i spawned outside the ransom keep instead of FOB, as last "saving progress" appeared when i crossed ransom keep and didn't appear when i fast travelled to FOB later.

It also saved my scorpion tank once, at the FOB and didn't during the next save. :ko:

Cheers.

I faced similar issue in the tower mission. Other missions were fine but it could be because I never ended mid-mission after that. Or maybe I did, can't remember.

Just finished the campaign yesterday.

Gameplay and music are GOAT tier. 

Last 3 missions reminded me of Doom Eternal with waves of enemies and bosses. 

Gameplay held pretty well in that situation. I was just zipping around with grapple hook when surrounded by enemies. 

This game has a lot of potential, hopefully 343 will add destiny style raids for coop mode in campaign.