Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

17 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Just Had an epic session teaming up with @dylanjosh@STICK3Rboy

how do you get that thrust while melee-ing? 

also how best to use that energy sword effectively. 

(Some people just use that sword and the grapple. They just never run out of the grapple hook. Traverse the map using the grapple alone.) :blink:

Play the campaign.

It will teach you all the mechanics. 

And is pretty good too.

Just Had an epic session teaming up with @dylanjosh@STICK3Rboy

also how best to use that energy sword effectively. 

(Some people just use that sword and the grapple. They just never run out of the grapple hook. Traverse the map using the grapple alone.) :blink:

Yeah when you use the sword you get a small dash when the opponent is within a certain distance. 

For grapple hook, i think they must be picking up other people's dropped equipment. 

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah when you use the sword you get a small dash when the opponent is within a certain distance. 

For grapple hook, i think they must be picking up other people's dropped equipment. 

Some get a short thrust/dash even while melee-ing. Wonder how that gets activated everytime. 

47 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Some get a short thrust/dash even while melee-ing. Wonder how that gets activated everytime. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Maybe they're just using the thrust equipment. Or maybe just rubberbanding. 

Most likely a combination of lunge and lag. The melee has some range to it and it needs to be mastered. Once you're in that range, you get a slight lunge. When you're playing on a higher ping server, that lunge looks greater than it is in reality.

Edited by TRMNTR

You just have to melee from a specific range with your crosshair on the enemy and you lunge forward.

The problem though is that melee is broken right now (apparently because of desync issues or some such) and the lunge is pretty inconsistent. So you pretty much have to make an educated guess and hope for the best :|

47 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

You just have to melee from a specific range with your crosshair on the enemy and you lunge forward.

The problem though is that melee is broken right now (apparently because of desync issues or some such) and the lunge is pretty inconsistent. So you pretty much have to make an educated guess and hope for the best :|

It's just plan old lag. The best servers I play on is 70-75ms. When playing customs (with locals) that's basically a roundtrip of 140ms for me and 140ms for the opponent. That equates to playing at 7fps -- a lot can go wrong in that time. The best way to check these things are in the theatre mode. They're from the server's perspective and give you the true picture of what actually happened.

PS - I was playing customs against some friends a couple of days back and they complained that I was lunging at them while from my perspective, I wasn't. Of course, it was happening the other way around as well.

Edited by TRMNTR

And that dash/lunge/thrust is unblockable plus is super devastating. 

If the other guy is dashing, he becomes impervious to bullets or something. And you die almost instantly (or after two dashes at max). Super frustrating. 

The player becomes a mini battering ram while dashing. 

Edited by radicaldude

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

And that dash/lunge/thrust is unblockable plus is super devastating. 

If the other guy is dashing, he becomes impervious to bullets or something. And you die almost instantly (or after two dashes at max). Super frustrating. 

The player becomes a mini battering ram while dashing. 

If you're consistently getting killed like this then, you're playing the game wrong. For instance, why are you even in the melee range of your opponents to begin with? You should be at a good distance from them unless you have a short range weapon and the upper hand.

The 3 (+ 1) most important/powerful things in Halo are the weapons, grenades and melee (+ equipment). Melees are meant to be powerful. To avoid dying to them, play at a distance. That should be obvious.

Edited by TRMNTR

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

If you're consistently getting killed like this then, you're playing the game wrong. For instance, why are you even in the melee range of your opponents to begin with? You should be at a good distance from them unless you have a short range weapon and the upper hand.

The 3 (+ 1) most important/powerful things in Halo are the weapons, grenades and melee (+ equipment). Melees are meant to be powerful. To avoid dying to them, play at a distance. That should be obvious.

Actually I enter a firefight head on. My default movement is forward (towards the enemy) and I don't camp. 

5 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Which equipments do you use the max? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Wait a sec. So custom games don't run on dedicated servers? 

They do.

27 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So... Everything? ?

24 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah, lol. What else are you gonna if not use those things? Flash your dick to the opponents for shock value? 

What I meant is that all these 3 things are equally important/powerful. In most games, weapons outweigh grenades and melee. Unlike other games you need to master all 3 to be good at the game. Expect to suck if you're lacking in any area.

Edited by TRMNTR

9 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

The net code doesn't feel as tight as it did in beta surprisingly. What should be one hit kill melees and headshots are landing but aren't registering as kills. Faced a couple of these this week.

These things can't be compared as tons of variables are involved. Turn on Network Statistics under Settings > UI. It'll let you know what ping you're getting to the server. That ways you can compare what the netcode feels like on a good vs bad server. Also, netcode isn't everything. The quality of your connection to the server (and others in your match) is arguably more important. Netcode can't do any wonders if the people you're playing against are lagging less/more than you.