Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

7 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

It's just plan old lag. The best servers I play on is 70-75ms. When playing customs (with locals) that's basically a roundtrip of 140ms for me and 140ms for the opponent. That equates to playing at 7fps -- a lot can go wrong in that time. The best way to check these things are in the theatre mode. They're from the server's perspective and give you the true picture of what actually happened.

PS - I was playing customs against some friends a couple of days back and they complained that I was lunging at them while from my perspective, I wasn't. Of course, it was happening the other way around as well.

Collision is wonky too though and sometimes people hitting your face counts as a backsmack.

Take a look at this.

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

That could be because of the server considering client side input. Basically, as tamatar said, the opponent got behind the guy (very easy since the game does have collision between Spartans) on his machine but it didn't reach the other guy's game. 

Yep, pretty much this. The way to confirm this is to see it in the theatre.

Also, tamatar. :bicycle:

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Is a melee hit to the back supposed to be 1 hit kill even with that shield power? God damn

You need 2 melees (3 with OS) from the front/side and only 1 from the back. That video looks like it's the former but in reality, it's the latter.

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That could be because of the server considering client side input. Basically, as tamatar said, the opponent got behind the guy (very easy since the game does have collision between Spartans) on his machine but it didn't reach the other guy's game. 

The guy's playing it with 22ms ping. Would he see that much lag?

And yeah, the game does have enemy collision, but it's wonky. Check this out.

53 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The guy's playing it with 22ms ping. Would he see that much lag?

Also depends on how much the other guy is lagging. I've faced this (weird backsmack) once, we both had swords and I had a ping of ~150ms. General lag is pretty common considering our location to the servers though.

Edited by TRMNTR

Done with the spire , the gameplay is so good, don't understand why everybody is saying campaign is not good, i find it very engaging and story is interesting as well.

Also I can only imagine how hard it would be to take down those hunters on heroic/legendary .... :nerves:

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

Done with the spire , the gameplay is so good, don't understand why everybody is saying campaign is not good, i find it very engaging and story is interesting as well.

Also I can only imagine how hard it would be to take down those hunters on heroic/legendary .... :nerves:

Legendary is :nerves: as always.

10 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

At one time there were these 2 hunters and I just ran away instead of engaging them.... they seem far more harder this time around, how do you even defeat them ?

Just keep poking. Usually you will find heavy weapons and lots of cannisters in the area around the Hunters. Use that. They're harder but Chief is also way more agile.  

Also try to hit them from the back. This is easier with the upgraded Dash ability (makes you invisible for few seconds) 

Edited by dylanjosh

38 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

At one time there were these 2 hunters and I just ran away instead of engaging them.... they seem far more harder this time around, how do you even defeat them ?

spike launcher fired at their hand cannon thingys

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I still get lots of network issues, but only when Im teamed up with a friend. "Connection lost" right before the match starts. 

Whats weird is when both of us play solo, no issues.

Any friends or one particular friend? If you're talking about BTB, that playlist is facing matchmaking issues that'll only be looked at one 343 is back from vacation. Any other issue is probably ISP related.

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Any friends or one particular friend? If you're talking about BTB, that playlist is facing matchmaking issues that'll only be looked at one 343 is back from vacation. Any other issue is probably ISP related.

Yes BTB.

I mostly play with him only but i don't remember such issues when playing with ivg people, i could be mistaken though.

Though do note Ivg gang usually plays quick play or customs, not btb. 

Hopefully it's a btb issue and is resolved later. 

Edited by dylanjosh

44 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yes BTB.

I mostly play with him only but i don't remember such issues when playing with ivg people, i could be mistaken though.

Though do note Ivg gang usually plays quick play or customs, not btb. 

Hopefully it's a btb issue and is resolved later. 

Yep. BTB has been facing a lot of matchmaking issues lately. It was downgraded to 10v10 for a while as well. It's a known issue though and 343 mentioned it's high in their priority list.

I wanted some time to think on this game being a huge halo fan. So anyways my two cents, chappal phek dena if you dont like what i say.

The gameplay is 10/10, absolutely sublime, even the open world aspect is done pretty well in my opinion. The gunplay and movement absolutely slaps in SP and MP.

However, the campaign is absolute balls and the story is doodoo garbage and it seems like they really don't know what they want to do. 

Spoiler

They are doing that stupid thing where they are trying to downplay the flood, a literal galaxy consuming parasite, over some stupid vague sh*t with the Endless, without giving any context as to their place in the universe.

As one of those no life idiots who has read almost every novel/comic before going into infinite, im massively disappointed.

But if you like it then, more power to you.:wOOtjumpy:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

I wanted some time to think on this game being a huge halo fan. So anyways my two cents, chappal phek dena if you dont like what i say.

The gameplay is 10/10, absolutely sublime, even the open world aspect is done pretty well in my opinion. The gunplay and movement absolutely slaps in SP and MP.

However, the campaign is absolute balls and the story is doodoo garbage and it seems like they really don't know what they want to do. 

Reveal hidden contents

As one of those no life idiots who has read almost every novel/comic before going into infinite, im massively disappointed.

How Dare You Greta GIF

1 hour ago, fatpigeon said:

Reveal hidden contents

They are doing that stupid thing where they are trying to downplay the flood, a literal galaxy consuming parasite, over some stupid vague sh*t with the Endless, without giving any context as to their place in the universe.

You want flood to return?

The race you are talking about is rumoured to be able to survive purge by Halo rings. It could have good story.

Edited by Vaibhavp

Tbh the campaign feels like the campaign of rage 1 ie a tech demo ( story wise, it feels like a bunch of arenas strung together with gameplay/open world.)  

I think they are still figuring out which direction to take the story in. Heck they could have rebooted the franchise for modern systems using the same gameplay mechanics. 

While talking of halo, as it has been said earlier, people should talk about the SP and MP separately and not in the same breath. Reading through some of the reviews, it's clear that people are liking it for all reasons other than the story/lore.