Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

Hey everyone, happy new year! Hope everyone had a safe and awesome holiday break.

The 343 Team is largely back in action this week and I know many of you are very eager to get some updates on a number of topics. We are working on a broader info update and driving towards being able to share more details and a roadmap to help answer your questions and manage expectations.
That exercise is going to take some time to flesh out but please know it’s in process - there’s just a lot to dig into and it’s a rather complicated web of work items / dependencies / priorities, etc… so we want to be sure to share informed, accurate information.

In the meantime, we want to first and foremost provide a situation update on the state of BTB in Halo Infinite. As you know, we’ve been dealing with some frustrating issues with BTB nearly since launch and despite a few attempts at solving and mitigating before the holiday break, we were not able to get this fixed. While BTB has remained playable, there are matchmaking issues that increase with more players and larger fireteams have a low chance of successfully joining into a game together.

A strike force continued to work on this over the break and we’re optimistic to say we believe we have a fix in hand for the core issue. This went into QA last week and so far it’s looking positive - we are not seeing this issue occur internally using this build.

Next steps are to continue testing and then move into the certification process as we prepare to release a hot fix / patch for this issue. It’s a little too soon to give an ETA yet but please know our goal is to release this as soon as we can while ensuring it doesn’t have any other unintended impact to the retail product. It won’t be this week, but we hope it’s not too much further out and we’ll share an update as soon as we have line of sight on a release date (once we clear ‘cert’ we are then ready to ship).

We know there are a number of other topics you’re eager to hear about - including some issues with instances of cheating. The team has been working on a patch for mid-Feb that looks to address this and other things, and we’ll have more details to come as we get closer to release. We are actively triaging and still working to get as much as we can into this Feb update while still ensuring no negative impacts or regressions to other parts of the game.

For now we are opting to slipstream the BTB fixes given the broad scope of impact on all players. That’s not to say issues like cheating or wonkiness with the ranked experience aren’t important, but they have other dependencies and are on a bit longer timeline than this BTB fix which is nearly ready to go.

Thank you for your patience and continued support. While we were blown away and humbled by the reception and launch of Halo Infinite, we’ve got a lot to get after now as a live service studio. We will continue to make improvements and address feedback everywhere we can - though some things are going to take more time than many of you, and us, would like. Thank you - please keep the feedback coming - we’re in this together with a great foundation to grow and evolve upon. Stay tuned for more details.

13 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I agree with this 

I keep listening to the soundtrack on Spotify and have more than 35 hours on multiplayer alone which shows that it has an exceptionally well made gameplay

I have tried many other multiplayer games and none have lasted more than 1 hour

Bruh get a Tidal subscription. What are you doing listening to Spotify.

Has anyone else faced an issue with the door not opening for the

Spoiler

bandana

skull? I tried 6 times without

Spoiler

killing or hitting a single sentinel. I went full pacifist mode as well, just grappling throughout the rooms.

No matter what i do the door just won't open! :cry: I'm currently playing on hardcore.

Cheers.

45 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Has anyone else faced an issue with the door not opening for the

Reveal hidden contents

bandana

skull? I tried 6 times without

Reveal hidden contents

killing or hitting a single sentinel. I went full pacifist mode as well, just grappling throughout the rooms.

No matter what i do the door just won't open! :cry: I'm currently playing on hardcore.

Cheers.

Still have to get that skull. Too bad we can't restart missions yet.

2 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Managed to get the door open by restarting the entire mission. Finished the campaign on hardcore. Now if we restart the campaign on different difficulty, will the entire open world also reset?

Cheers.

What is this secret Hardcode difficulty you speak of? Do you mean Heroic? :P

Yes, the open world will reset since you're starting a new campaign. You can resume a campaign save on a different difficulty without resetting the world.

Edited by TRMNTR

19 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

What is this secret Hardcode difficulty you speak of? Do you mean Heroic? :P

Yes, the open world will reset since you're starting a new campaign. You can resume a campaign save on a different difficulty without resetting the world.

Oh yes i meant heroic. So if i start a new game will i get an option to choose a different save location? I mean, i'm playing on PC, and i can see 3 different save slots with 2 slots empty and only 1 getting used for the current campaign. So if i can choose a different slot i can keep 2 game runs playable concurrently.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Oh yes i meant heroic. So if i start a new game will i get an option to choose a different save location? I mean, i'm playing on PC, and i can see 3 different save slots with 2 slots empty and only 1 getting used for the current campaign. So if i can choose a different slot i can keep 2 game runs playable concurrently.

Cheers.

Yes, starting a new game will save it to an empty slot. Not sure why they limited it to only 3 slots though. Either have unlimited slots without mission selector or limited slots without mission selector.

Edited by TRMNTR