Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

Just now, 0verlord said:

Played a ranked match with a couple of Chinese/Japanese guys muttering nonstop :rofl: couldn't understand a words but a lot of fun

@TRMNTR I am at Platinum 5 but progressing very slowly... any tips?

The ranking system currently favors players that rank high on the scoreboard in terms of KDA. To ensure you're ranking faster, you not only need to win matches, you need to aim for a good KDA as well. Easiest advice would be to avoid unnecessary deaths (easier said than done).

If you can, team with players who are similarly skilled and know what they're doing. If you fail to meet one of these conditions, say goodbye to your rank. In such a case, it's much better to play alone.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

The ranking system currently favors players that rank high on the scoreboard in terms of KDA. To ensure you're ranking faster, you not only need to win matches, you need to aim for a good KDA as well. Easiest advice would be to avoid unnecessary deaths (easier said than done).

I think this will really help as currently I am dying too much bcoz I am sort of always rushing with equal amounts of success and defeats. I'll start playing at a more careful way avoiding dying unnecessarily 

6 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

it's much better to play alone.

I think 99% of my ranked play is alone only. But now I've seen a few Halo strangers a lot of times now and they've sort of become very familiar and almost friends, people whom you know only by Gamertag and Halo feats

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

I think this will really help as currently I am dying too much bcoz I am sort of always rushing with equal amounts of success and defeats. I'll start playing at a more careful way avoiding dying unnecessarily 

Hello there. I'm also a fellow kill-chaser-and-regret-later.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I played through the 2nd half of Platinum 5 and reached Platinum 6, getting good KDAs. Good yes? Very close to Diamond 

AqmDisT.jpg

but then I got greedy and said 1 more match. Got strongholds with a demonic Diamond 4 player as enemy who slaughtered everyone racking up 32 kills ? and knocked me back to Platinum 5 :ranting:

I play ctf, strongholds, oddball very objective oriented and ignore slaying a lot which is probably a very stupid way of playing these matches. I’ve seen HCS players focus on slaying 1st and then trying to go for the objective once a good command of the space is achieved, this is probably the best way 

Finally completed the Battle Pass (didn't pay a single penny). Hope I can use it as an excuse to move on to other games now. sh*t's way too addicting.

yrmxVa1.png

Also, lucked out and got the Extermination medal for the first (and maybe last) time :P

• Like 3

a nail-biting oddball ranked match. This 3 min video starts out like a disaster for us but watch till the end for some edge-of-the-seat action. I am just at Platinum 6 rank here

@TRMNTR please watch this and give some critical tips. I feel like I am still playing like a big n00b and could really improve my game