Jump to content

Halo Infinite


Heaven Angel
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fatpigeon said:

I wanted some time to think on this game being a huge halo fan. So anyways my two cents, chappal phek dena if you dont like what i say.

The gameplay is 10/10, absolutely sublime, even the open world aspect is done pretty well in my opinion. The gunplay and movement absolutely slaps in SP and MP.

 

However, the campaign is absolute balls and the story is doodoo garbage and it seems like they really don't know what they want to do. 

  Reveal hidden contents

They are doing that stupid thing where they are trying to downplay the flood, a literal galaxy consuming parasite, over some stupid vague sh*t with the Endless, without giving any context as to their place in the universe.

As one of those no life idiots who has read almost every novel/comic before going into infinite, im massively disappointed.

But if you like it then, more power to you.:wOOtjumpy:

 

You want flood to return?

 

The race you are talking about is rumoured to be able to survive purge by Halo rings. It could have good story.

 

 

Edited by Vaibhavp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh the campaign feels like the campaign of rage 1 ie a tech demo ( story wise, it feels like a bunch of arenas strung together with gameplay/open world.)  

 

I think they are still figuring out which direction to take the story in. Heck they could have rebooted the franchise for modern systems using the same gameplay mechanics. 

 

While talking of halo, as it has been said earlier, people should talk about the SP and MP separately and not in the same breath. Reading through some of the reviews, it's clear that people are liking it for all reasons other than the story/lore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's so weird how Halo 5 ended on a cliffhanger with Cortana being this mega threat to the galaxy and this game at the very beginning was like "oh lol yea that's all over lmao"

 

 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People might compare what I have said to/with doom eternal.

 

However

 

Doom has always been like that. That's the essense of doom. Focusses on making you feel like a badass. 

 

But

 

Halo was high on lore. And They have screwed up the lore aspect big time. The game feels kinda "inspired" by several other shooter franchises. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

You want flood to return?

 

The race you are talking about is rumoured to be able to survive purge by Halo rings. It could have good story.

 

 

Spoiler

I don't want the flood to return. But I want them to be treated with respect outside of just one easter egg (tho it has a lot of interesting implications) in the Tremonius boss fight area.

The Forerunner trilogy by Greg Bear builds up the flood very well with no mention of this new race. They are just pulling random sh*t out of the bag with no idea what to do with it. Sure, they are immune to the flood. However there is zero mention of it anywhere even in the conversations of Mendicant/Offensive Bias with the Master Builder or any of the higher echelon Forerunners. Just acting like this is a mic drop is very lame. if they are only located on this ring, then whats stopping chief from just blowing it up like Installation 04 and ending the problem there and then.

Halo Infinite's story sort of flowed like a half-hearted Force Awakens, nice music cues based nostalgia bait with none of the set pieces or character moments outside of a few standouts. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It's so weird how Halo 5 ended on a cliffhanger with Cortana being this mega threat to the galaxy and this game at the very beginning was like "oh lol yea that's all over lmao"

 

 

You see Cortana blow up so much sh*t with the Guardian ancillas throughout the "cutscenes". But finally Banished aaye toh ig light chali gayi hogi.

The Created Conflict had so much potential with the overbearing human dependence on AI and high-tech equipment in the aftermath of a superior, almost ruling class humanity in the wake of the Human-Covenant war. But their response to the bs in H5 is just scrapping all of it and going for random useless alien.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It's so weird how Halo 5 ended on a cliffhanger with Cortana being this mega threat to the galaxy and this game at the very beginning was like "oh lol yea that's all over lmao"

 

 

ya story telling all over the place in almost all Halo games except Reach.

 

I like Infinite for same reason i liked MGSV, gameplay and player freedom to approach encounters anyway you like with no hand holding and all

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

It's so weird how Halo 5 ended on a cliffhanger with Cortana being this mega threat to the galaxy and this game at the very beginning was like "oh lol yea that's all over lmao"

 

That's because H5 had one of the worst campaigns ever. People completely hated the direction they took. So, they scrapped it altogether. I'm glad they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, fatpigeon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't want the flood to return. But I want them to be treated with respect outside of just one easter egg (tho it has a lot of interesting implications) in the Tremonius boss fight area.

The Forerunner trilogy by Greg Bear builds up the flood very well with no mention of this new race. They are just pulling random sh*t out of the bag with no idea what to do with it. Sure, they are immune to the flood. However there is zero mention of it anywhere even in the conversations of Mendicant/Offensive Bias with the Master Builder or any of the higher echelon Forerunners. Just acting like this is a mic drop is very lame. if they are only located on this ring, then whats stopping chief from just blowing it up like Installation 04 and ending the problem there and then.

Halo Infinite's story sort of flowed like a half-hearted Force Awakens, nice music cues based nostalgia bait with none of the set pieces or character moments outside of a few standouts. 

 

 

 

Cool. 

 

I actually enjoyed dialogues with Escharum and character development of Weapon and pilot.

 

I am never overly critical of video game stories. If I will be, none of them hold up.

 

Halo is actually in a difficult situation. It has told a story in original trilogy. Now it will have to introduce new stuff to keep it interesting.

 

Else it will need a complete reboot and start from scratch. That would be suicide for 343i.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, fatpigeon said:

I wanted some time to think on this game being a huge halo fan. So anyways my two cents, chappal phek dena if you dont like what i say.

The gameplay is 10/10, absolutely sublime, even the open world aspect is done pretty well in my opinion. The gunplay and movement absolutely slaps in SP and MP.

 

However, the campaign is absolute balls and the story is doodoo garbage and it seems like they really don't know what they want to do. 

 

I have very similar thoughts and agree with most of what you said. I didn't care for the story but it served it's purpose. The story being bland and all was still miles better than the sh*t we were served with H5. I only hope they build up on it with DLCs and add variety to the biomes through it.

 

 

Edited by TRMNTR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 6:34 PM, Ne0 said:

Done with the spire , the gameplay is so good, don't understand why everybody is saying campaign is not good, i find it very engaging and story is interesting as well.

 

Also I can only imagine how hard it would be to take down those hunters on heroic/legendary .... :nerves:

 

Needlers work wonders with hunters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

If we have the SP on steam, would we get all the story add on dlcs for free in future? 

 

I doubt it. Unless, of course, if the DLCs are free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...