Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

It has a learning curve for sure ,but nothing too difficult that you cant be a decent player. The problem is many get discouraged and give up after a few games.  

just keep it simple in the next beta and use only an assault gun and nades. 

yeah, I never felt like giving up. most matches were close enough. Even with the ODST bots, lost mostly in last few seconds. Shooting was extremely satisfactory. 

Gamespot - I'm Happy To Report Halo Infinite Is Good (Based On The Beta So Far)

Despite approaching it with some concern, the multiplayer preview won me over--and the grappleshot is a big reason why.

With a grappleshot in hand, the on-foot movement in Halo Infinite feels the best it ever has in a Halo game, and it feels like it could have a much more meaningful impact on a fight than the dashes in Halo 5. The major difference between this and Halo 5's dash is that the grappleshot is a limited-use piece of equipment that you'll need to find after spawning, and it's only available on certain maps. That's for the best, as widespread, constant use of the grappleshot might quickly turn Halo into something more closely resembling Tribes (without levels sufficiently large to accommodate that sort of thing). I nonetheless look forward to some special game modes or custom games where they're available by default to everyone.

It's early days yet, but this promising look has eased virtually all of my concerns about Infinite (including whether its soundtrack would rise to the bar set by Bungie; so far, so good). If this test is indicative of the wider experience, it's easy to imagine Halo recapturing its former glory and, combined with the decision to make the multiplayer free-to-play, becoming more popular than ever.

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

With a grappleshot in hand, the on-foot movement in Halo Infinite feels the best it ever has in a Halo game, and it feels like it could have a much more meaningful impact on a fight than the dashes in Halo 5. The major difference between this and Halo 5's dash is that the grappleshot is a limited-use piece of equipment that you'll need to find after spawning, and it's only available on certain maps. That's for the best, as widespread, constant use of the grappleshot might quickly turn Halo into something more closely resembling Tribes (without levels sufficiently large to accommodate that sort of thing). I nonetheless look forward to some special game modes or custom games where they're available by default to everyone.

This, very much. I missed dash on Day 1 but when they introduced Grappleshot on Day 2, I totally forgot about it. Grappleshot plays much better! The pickup gives you 3 shots but you can stack up to 5. I think they have a good balance right now. It plays very well with the sandbox. 

19 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Halo generally isn't very noob-friendly. It's why a lot of people are put-off quite easily. However, this time around they've included the Academy (training mode) which can help new players get familiar with maps, weapons, aiming etc. The inclusion of bots should greatly help with that as well. Automatic weapons are fairly easy to use but the precision weapons are tougher than most previous Halos.

I used to think Halo MP was like easy to get into but hard to master

Then again i've only played Halo CE MP before the remaster/mcc came out :fear:

Don't know how the newer games work

Just now, PhantomShade said:

I used to think Halo MP was like easy to get into but hard to master

Then again i've only played Halo CE MP before the remaster/mcc came out :fear:

Don't know how the newer games work

You're right. When I said it isn't noob-friendly, I was not talking in terms of someone who's learning the ropes.

From a purely beginners perspective, Infinite is much easier to get into than any previous ones. That's mostly down to the training facility and the bot matches I mentioned earlier. Even though what they showed in the preview was a snippet, both the modes should really help one understand the all the different aspects involved. Newer players will be better equipped this time around.

4 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Gamespot - I'm Happy To Report Halo Infinite Is Good (Based On The Beta So Far)

Already posted. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Play with the Nator bros ,not against them.

This is a #protip we have learnt the hard way in TF2.

Either be in the same team with both of them, or put them in different teams so they can cancel each other out. Else it's just a filthy massacre.

Edited by quixote_1989

43 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Either be in the same team with both of them, or put them in different teams so they can cancel each other out. Else it's just a filthy massacre.

Bro you telling me ? ?

I used to have clan matches against them back during halo 3 days and trust me they were worse than this is owning everyone.

One of the best times in gaming for us ,used to pretend as if we were some sort of pros from delhi :bigyellowgrin:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

One of the best times in gaming for us ,used to pretend as if we were some sort of pros from delhi :bigyellowgrin:

Man, those were the days. The rivalry between the clans, constant bickering and sheer amount of abuses hurled at each other, priceless. :lol:

Also, Donz and Necro. Miss those guys...in a rivalry way. :P

32 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

One half of them is @TRMNTR

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

it’s not nator … it’s naaaatooorrr