Forza Horizon 4

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Gears is an absolute blast too. Playing through Gears 2 rn and it's so much fun. 

Haven't even fired up Gears 1-3... How's the AutoHDR? look good?

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Yep, looking fwd to that as well. Which reminds me, got to do the 3 yr GP thing now..

Make sure you don't spend a penny more than that 7.5k 3 yr sub bro. 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:41 AM, Animus said:

Yeah, I am up, let's decide on timing.

Me and @Jigsaw were suppose to have a session on Friday at 6pm but he did not show up...bro where are you?:threatenlumber:

Sorry bro... Took some time off. Let's catch up for sure... Won't ditch this time :exoticdance:

2 hours ago, makdi_manav said:

I am using the default xbox controller and don't have any plan (read: money) to buy steering wheel setup.

My problem is that I suck with very high speed cars. Any tips?

You honestly don't need a steering wheel for this game. It's designed for controllers. And it's not even a full sim either. Don't worry you'll love it no matter what car you prefer :)

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

You honestly don't need a steering wheel for this game. It's designed for controllers. And it's not even a full sim either. Don't worry you'll love it no matter what car you prefer :)

I don't have any issue driving mid speed cars. Have been winning 2/3 times against "highly skilled" drivatars. But cannot drive these fancy looking high speed cars. Always skid out of road. ?

Just now, makdi_manav said:

I don't have any issue driving mid speed cars. Have been winning 2/3 times against "highly skilled" drivatars. But cannot drive these fancy looking high speed cars. Always skid out of road. ?

Highly skilled drivatars are a bitch to beat. Keep traction control off and ABS and stability control ON and difficulty maybe above average. That's a sweet spot for a good challenge and fun at the same time. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Best cheat of all is to look for cars with AWD drivetrains. Much more manageable in terms of oversteer/drifting.  RWD cars will skid around the most.

Mitsubushi Lancer, Subaru Impreza, Nissan GTR, any Lambo, most SUVs.

Absolutely yes. That's why I roll with the Subaru right from launch. 

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Best cheat of all is to look for cars with AWD drivetrains. Much more manageable in terms of oversteer/drifting.  RWD cars will skid around the most.

Mitsubushi Lancer, Subaru Impreza, Nissan GTR, any Lambo, most SUVs.

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Absolutely yes. That's why I roll with the Subaru right from launch. 

I actually love driving the Lancias...great cars all around

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I actually love driving the Lancias...great cars all around

Even that cyberpunk car aint too bad for a straight line. Subaru mostly. Now in Fortune Island I'm using the RAM

Absolute n00b to the game and finally enjoying it. Started on Xbox One X, but I didn't find it very enjoyable. Started playing it over the weekend again and it finally clicked after I unlocked a few events and understood the car handling better. Loving the dirt and drift races :D

Been extremely out of touch with racing games since the good ol' NFS games. The last NFS game that I finished was Carbon and only dabbled in Burnout series on PSP a bit. I'll likely get the expansions for this and try getting my hands on FH3 as well.

54 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Absolute n00b to the game and finally enjoying it. Started on Xbox One X, but I didn't find it very enjoyable. Started playing it over the weekend again and it finally clicked after I unlocked a few events and understood the car handling better. Loving the dirt and drift races :D

Pretty much the same here. Haven't played in a month though. Will get back to it soon, hopefully. 

• 4 weeks later...