Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

• 1 year later...

Damn !! All playing discussion data gone from here :(

Just started this one couple of days back, giving me chills already.. playing it on One X, the controller feels bit rough for this game getting used to it slowly..  struggled so much to kill the mini bosses finally came near the Chained Ogre which gave me a very hard time but after beating behind its legs felt easy.. defeated without getting the Fire Vent tool from Hirata..

Now so I can play this one properly from now, what is the best way to approach the fights with lot of people around.. is it good to play like BloodBorne luring ppl and killing one by one and when the area appears again after we are dead is it OK to just speed run and reach the boss to clear the path??  

In Ashina Outskirts I reached almost end escaping eveeyone and one path lead to The Headless whom I dont know how to kill as of now.. looks f**king ridiculous.. there was a note that swords doesnt work so obviously I need something from the Hirata Estate I am guessing..

On the Hirata Side, I reached a plate where a white dressed guy has a looooong spike, guessing this is Mid Boss whom I will try defeating.. By mistake I fell on the side of the water and reached some place where everything was burning.. I landed up a place where there was a Drunken guy with soooooo many soldiers.. how the f**k to handle such areas where you are attacked like all over..panicked and quit the game, I know there is lot of Patience required here which I am ready being played BloodBorne sooo much !!

You need to master the mikri counter for spear guys, it is a must. You'll face lots of thrust attacks later. It really helps and it is super cool to execute and counter. L stick + dodge in the direction of the enemy after the unblockable attacks signs appears. Timing here is the key and you can practice it with the dead man near the temple.

Try killing guys one by one with stealth attack and when things get loud, counter-counter-Hit.

• Like 1

Wow, that technical issue must have lost all actual gameplay discussion here. 

I wanted to know, is this game really that much harder than soulsborne? I have anxiety disorder and some bosses in soulsborne got me to the verge of a panic attack on my first playthrough (like nameless king and orphan of kos). But I'm like a Crack addict, and love these games too much and had multiple playthroughs. 

Knowing all that, would you guys recommend this game?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dark souls and bloodborne weren't difficult compared to this game and I haven't yet reached the first boss fight.

Orge took 20 tries.

Drunkard took 25 tries.

And I am not able to play aggressively for these fights.

The parry window is generous but the shuffle between jump,dodge and block is sudden and unpredictable.

One grab attack and death.

Also stealth attack on bosses is not working, I go behind them and they turn around (the first stealth attack)

Edited by GunnerY2J

On 10/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Dark souls and bloodborne weren't difficult compared to this game and I haven't yet reached the first boss fight.

Orge took 20 tries.

Drunkard took 25 tries.

And I am not able to play aggressively for these fights.

The parry window is generous but the shuffle between jump,dodge and block is sudden and unpredictable.

One grab attack and death.

Also stealth attack on bosses is not working, I go behind them and they turn around (the first stealth attack)

My turning point was Genchiri - Round 2. 

Had been dying for 5 consecutive days - lost count of tries, deleted the game twice, put it up for sale but then my muscle Memory of Souls gave up and adapted Sekiro parry...

This game teaches you-

Dont give up!! Keep trying

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Was Struggling so much (hardly could reach his second phase after a good 10-11 tries) and just one tip from the net (on when to attack) and boom first try.

I am uncertain now if I ll be able to complete the game.

He's the easiest boss in game. Have to defeated Lady Butterfly? 

28 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

He's the easiest boss in game. Have to defeated Lady Butterfly? 

Had 3 goes at her.

First try was good, got her to 30% health.

Then it was tough, I can feel that gyobu was the easiest boss in the game that's what I meant by I am struggling a lot.

Struggling for the so many items as well, lazy to read all the stuff and the so many skills.

I play souls games very basically : just a weapon - upgrade it , estus and go on : no items etc.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

Had 3 goes at her.

First try was good, got her to 30% health.

Then it was tough, I can feel that gyobu was the easiest boss in the game that's what I meant by I am struggling a lot.

She's like a welcome party in Sekiro, I stumbled upon her before Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa. 

The struggle is real here, with low health and still learning the mechanics of the game she feels tougher than she actually is. I remember many of them tried 50+ times to defeat her including me, but that didn't stopped me for getting all the achievements in game.

The shivers after defeating her is somthing to remember. 

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

She's like a welcome party in Sekiro, I stumbled upon her before Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa. 

The struggle is real here, with low health and still learning the mechanics of the game she feels tougher than she actually is. I remember many of them tried 50+ times to defeat her including me, but that didn't stopped me for getting all the achievements in game.

The shivers after defeating her is somthing to remember. 

I also stumbled on her before gyobu but the person I took the game from has suggested me there are many routes in the game and some are unfair if reached first so went towards the snake thing.

Gyobu gave me more trouble than butterfly : the first try must be just being lucky with her.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 1