Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice sales top five million, ‘Additional Features Update’ launches October 29

Reflection of Strength / Gauntlet of Strength

Sekiro-Update_07-29-20_001.jpg

The Sculptor’s Idols are not only places of healing, but also tools for self-reflection. The Wolf felled many a foe in his journey for revenge, and in reflecting on these memories, he can gain an even greater sense of understanding and pride for his victories.

With this update, you will be able to take part in Reflections of Strength; re-matches against any previously defeated boss that can be accessed through any Sculptor’s Idol. These reflections may help in preparing for Gauntlets of Strength, single-life challenges that will truly test only the bravest warriors… or the most foolish.

As by definition of a Gauntlet, if the Wolf dies at any point, he must start over from the beginning. You like a challenge, right?

Change Form

Sekiro-Update_07-29-20_002.jpg

Sculptor’s Idols will also offer the ability to change the Wolf’s outfits, with three to become available with this update, including “Tengu” and “Old Ashina Shinobi. Two of these outfits are unlocked via Gauntlets, while the third is unlocked just by beating the game once.

All outfits are purely cosmetic in nature: They are accoutrements to your achievements within Sekiro.

Remnants

Sekiro-Update_07-29-20_003.jpg

Whether you are a new player ready to experience Sekiro for the first time or are gearing up to face past challenges once more, expect a brand-new player movement and text recording system that could aid you and your fellow wolves on your journey.

Remnants are recordings of what a player does in-game for up to 30 seconds at a time and are available for use after the game’s tutorial. After a player records their Remnant – whether it is an epic takedown of an enemy or a flawless demonstration of a tricky movement technique – it can be uploaded along with a written message so that other community members can play it back. Through these Remnants, one could hope that they or others may gain the knowledge and further insight to overcome their current obstacle. For those seeking ultimate guidance on traversing treacherous areas, or seeking hidden alcoves or curious cubby-holes, these records may prove a blessing from the gods.

If a community member watches and then rates a Remnant, the owner of it will have their HP recover for free, allowing them to get back into the fight quicker without the use of a Sculptor’s Idol, or consumable items such as Healing Gourds.

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-sales-top-five-million-additional-features-update-launches-october-29

• Like 2

I am so glad. This is my favorite game of this generation. Pretty much exactly what I needed.

Although I loved DS games and want the series to continue, I wanted a bit of fast pased free flow with easy movement hack n slash type souls game too and Sekiro was exactly that. Plus better visuals!

A separate series is always a safe way if you want to to try something drastically new for the series IMO. It doesn't upset the fans and bring lots of new people to play your game.

I really hope for a sequel. I hope they are currently working on a sequel of this instead of another souls game!

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

2.5 million last i heard.

I am very sad seeing these numbers.

I used to always think FS games sell very well :fear:

2.5-3 million is a very good number as an exclusive, considering the kind of game it is and when it released.

• 2 weeks later...

Killed this a**hole. Took like 20 attempts. Even that spear mini boss wasn't this tough. f**ker taught me deflections though. Mkiri was already taught by Seven spears guy. You actually git good by playing more and more. 

Blazing bull was easy:

Gyoubu took me some tries but he wasn't that tough. 

Once you nail the patterns, you don't even need resurrection.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Killed this a**hole. Took like 20 attempts. Even that spear mini boss wasn't this tough. f**ker taught me deflections though. Mkiri was already taught by Seven spears guy. You actually git good by playing more and more. 

Gonichiro will teach you everything else about parry, this guy is a baby compared to genichiros bullshit, atleast you can git gud with this guys ichimonji spam since it's so predictable.

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

Gonichiro will teach you everything else about parry, this guy is a baby compared to genichiros bullshit, atleast you can git gud with this guys ichimonji spam since it's so predictable.

I actually went ahead and faught Gonichiro and killed his first phase without issue, but died in 2nd phase. That guy doesn't slash as fast as Ashina Elite. Elite's twin flash was giving me lot of issues, and no mkiri counter for rescue. I struggle against slices. Will take him on tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, hope said:

Bought this at launch. Taking it slow :P

At Gyobu myself but cant beat him. 

Key is to always face him and deflect. Also do Hirata estate first. Many miss Hirata estate. It gives you prosthetics, prayer beads etc. You can skip main boss of Hirata estate and progress to Gyoubu.

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Key is to always face him and deflect. Also do Hirata estate first. Many miss Hirata estate. It gives you prosthetics, prayer beads etc. You can skip main boss of Hirata estate and progress to Gyoubu.

Ya i have completed hirata estate before coming here. 

I think i m playing this like BB thus the struggle. Cant get mikiri right even. Always miss it n have damage.  This is my lady butterfly fight. Beat her by just basics here.

Was one hit away from death :rofl:

Decided to just spam shadow rush in first two phases, and then fight properly in 3rd phase. Again just one hit away from death

here too. Might have thrown away my controller. :rofl:

Guardian Ape is giving me lot of trouble in Phase 2. Need to get 2 resurrections for that I guess.

Anyways some videos, cheesed some mini bosses:

Snake Eyes strategy to get free first deathblow:

Best mid-early mid game farming location:

These guys are easy once you deflect properly (camera killed me ffs):

Fatto the glutton:

• Like 1

Gandu Ape stage 2 is ez and pz, stage 1 is total cancer because of the unpredictability

stage 2 he only does 2 things, 3-4 hit combo with the sword, he will then stand up and try an overhead slash, all ez pz parry.

the other thing he does is the lunge and sweep with the sword, just jump over this one.

you get this one spear prosthetic in this small temple after killing MY NAME IS GYOBU MASAKATA ONIWAAAAAA

eziest is when he falls after the final overhead swing, you just poke him with this fully charged spear prosthetic in his neck stump, a centipede will pop out, does massive damage to his HP bar

22 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Gandu Ape stage 2 is ez and pz, stage 1 is total cancer because of the unpredictability

stage 2 he only does 2 things, 3-4 hit combo with the sword, he will then stand up and try an overhead slash, all ez pz parry.

the other thing he does is the lunge and sweep with the sword, just jump over this one.

you get this one spear prosthetic in this small temple after killing MY NAME IS GYOBU MASAKATA ONIWAAAAAA

eziest is when he falls after the final overhead swing, you just poke him with this fully charged spear prosthetic in his neck stump, a centipede will pop out, does massive damage to his HP bar

Finally killed that f**ker. No resurrection, nothing. First phase completed in seconds. Deflection was the key in 2nd phase. 

• Like 2